Author Topic: Feint Help  (Read 6256 times)

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
Feint Help
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:13:36 am »
+3
Having used something other than Horse Archery or Hoplite the past few days, I have realized I cannot get past others' blocks.

I can manually block pretty decently, but how do I feint well? Certain combinations?  Holds?  Randomly flailing around?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:16:40 am by oohillac »

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: Feint Help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:17:16 am »
+9
Either get a buddy for some gang-banging action, spam kicks (while you can, because blocking while kicking is going out the window as soon as the beta launcher gets released in December 2010) or trade swings and blocks until the other guy gets bored and lets you win. I personally hardly ever feint anymore because of how ineffective it has become.

Offline Kirbies

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kirbies, Weeaboo
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:22:58 am »
+1
Either get a buddy for some gang-banging action, spam kicks (while you can, because blocking while kicking is going out the window as soon as the beta launcher gets released in December 2010) or trade swings and blocks until the other guy gets bored and lets you win. I personally hardly ever feint anymore because of how ineffective it has become.

? :? ? me confused
"I don't rage in chat, but I yell at my moniter alot." -SaulCanner

29031: 23:16:33 - [SpookPalace] GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG RIGHT NOW YOU JOKER BABY DICKED GINGERALE PRODUCING GURGLERS

Offline Player_01

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Balls deep!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former Union Knight (FUK)
  • Game nicks: Emperor_Loki, FUK_Loki_STF, Roseash
  • IRC nick: Player_01
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:25:18 am »
+3
I've noticed feinting has fallen out of favor lately. (Or my ping jumping from 50 to 500 at the drop of a hat is affecting it) I find myself using it less and less and just relying on getting the best angle for your swing. Pull your mouse to the left when you right swing and to the right when you left. Of course this is less effective with the turn speed nerf, so you might need to hold your swing for a moment as you turn.

Not to say feinting isn't effective, it just doesn't work against skilled players. And sometimes will get you killed when a skilled player can read your attack patterns. I mostly use feints just to set up the best angle for my swing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:41:59 am »
players/the metagame in crpg are so bad feinting will get you hit more then it will benefit you

a lot of players now just roll around with 80 body armor and spam side swings waiting for you to feint (i dont blame them, i wouldnt bother trying to block either since the game is so slow and you need to kill people fast, so hoping you feint/bounce is actually not that retarded anymore)... yea i too wish the devs balance team played the game sometimes

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 12:55:55 am »
+3
If you feint on every attack, all the other guy has to do is ready a swing and release at the right moment and you will die.

Feints counter held blocks, held attacks counter feints, held blocks counter held attacks. Rock, paper, scissors + kick is the crpg metagame.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 01:17:42 am »
+5
Learn to hold your attack and wiggle your mouse (works sometimes :D). Also helluva lot better damage when you learn how long to hold until the release. Best to use some kind of a feint & held attack combo because neither one is effective alone really. Also break the usual left right left right left right pattern and feint an overhead or stab somewhere.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:21:45 am »
+7
Thanks everyone

(click to show/hide)

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:17 am »
+1
There are many different types of feints. But my favorite is sometimes called "Feint Feinting" It is where you hold an attack then let go to a quick block/reload (looking like your gonna change attack direction) then you quickly feint to the same attack direction you started with. Gives your enemy the idea that your trying to trick them but your not. :D Counter Physcology.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:36 am »
+3
I developed my current playstyle primarily from watching Rhaelys of Chaos play. The whole feint-spamming rightswing thing. It seems to be very effective against newer players, but I've got to resort to S-key heavy outranging against skilled players. It makes me feel like a real asshole, too.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 01:58:31 am »
+2
Feinting is more of a tool in
(click to show/hide)

cRPG is pretty slow, and as others have said feinting is more likely to get you hit than to aid. It's conditionally useful against people, depending on how they play.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 02:05:41 am »
+6
Didn't use feinting for a long time, but having used it a bit with a 1H lately, I have to say it's still effective when performed well. Sneaking in a feint here and there is nice, just don't resort into feint-spamming. Getting hits in is mostly about timing to be honest. It matters for everything. Timing a dodge, timing an outreach, timing a chamber, timing a thrust-stun, timing a held attack etc. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 02:09:53 am »
+1
If you notice someone is blocking frequently, try holding your attack and waiting for them to drop guard. This won't work too well on experienced players but sometimes it will keep them from attacking you back until help arrives.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 07:47:30 am »
+1
Problem is in cRPG feinting is shit-slow and not really worth it against any half-decent player.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 08:19:53 am »
+5
In my personal experience I've found well-timed holds to be more useful then feints. Holds can be amazing if used correctly, just don't try and use them against a spammer obviously ^^ It is how I break up flows in shielder fights.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.