Author Topic: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)  (Read 8190 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:09 pm »
So the fief transfer actually works now? I still thought it was broken.
Pock gobblers

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »
So the fief transfer actually works now? I still thought it was broken.

Have to be a member of faction(and rank 10, i think it was, unless they changed that), and both people have to be inside the fief.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »
+1
Seems to me like it does matter if cmp believes you or not...

It actually matters a lot, I wouldn't have posted in the first place if I believed it was a trade.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »
Are there enemy armies nearby the fiefs?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »
+7
Are there enemy armies nearby the fiefs?

A 2.1k army lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 06:20:09 pm »
In tazjunat, a 2200 one(the one by khorin) assuming braedens pictures is right.

But Khorin is EU, so his attack times would be off of us NA players. 8 pm EST is like 3 over there.
Braeden is the only NA player as enemy(i think) that's in fief. And he agrees with me that it's a normal transaction.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 06:20:34 pm »
+2
Well scratch that...then if Jordach is there, they should have had him transfer to them by one or the other joining the same faction...

Can't say why it was done differently (I wasn't there yesterday), but I'd assume because Jordach hasn't been around in teamspeak for a week or more.

I personally don't care one way or another, getting very disenfranchised with strategus bugs not being fixed, and the issue with retreating needs to be straightened out.  How can an attacker in a siege "retreat" and lose 100% of the men, but not gear?  It's not like you would surrender when you're attacking a castle and run out of ladders, you'd turn your army around and head back home.

Indeed... He speaks of my roughly 700 men who survived the failed siege of Samarra castle, that suddenly all decided to pull a vanishing act.

As in 2 other threads, one being my own, we can figure about 1/5 of a standing army deserting (at the very most) after a retreat, but not the whole army. If I would have known you lose all your men, I would have sat under the castle walls with the rest of the 700 and waited for defenders to run out of stones/arrows/hot oil/food & eventually come out and play. Retreating from an attack that you initiated IMO is more like falling back to regroup due to unforeseen events. Not "fuck it we quit".

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 06:26:19 pm »
+7
But Khorin is EU, so his attack times would be off of us NA players. 8 pm EST is like 3 over there.

Quite the opposite. I've been planning my entire campaign to be optimal for NA, because no EU people care what happens here. It's way more fun to actually have battles where people want to fight. And I don't want to give hosps the opportunity to whine about my battle times. I would have attacked you prime time(around midnight EST), but this attack postponed that. I don't mind waking up on morning for a battle.

This trade would be much more convincing if both attacked at the same time, or if they would have transferred ownership. However, one Hosp near Tulga 15 hours after the first attack does not mean much. Regardless, it was either a rushed trade to stop me taking it before their trade, or it's even worse. All I want is a few decent battles with Hosps.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »
Derp
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:44:27 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »
+4
We ddidnt even know ninjas were at war with us.

Look, I think this was probably a planned transfer that got rushed with the intent of zoning out Khorin's army for a day or two, but that is most definitely a lie as far as any Hospitaller leaders are concerned.  They've been tracking the army for days, know exactly where its going, and there is a 6 page long declaration of war thread by Ninjas against Hospitallers that is a week old.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/laughing-shogunate/
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »
+1
Quite the opposite. I've been planning my entire campaign to be optimal for NA, because no EU people care what happens here. It's way more fun to actually have battles where people want to fight. And I don't want to give hosps the opportunity to whine about my battle times. I would have attacked you prime time(around midnight EST), but this attack postponed that. I don't mind waking up on morning for a battle.

This trade would be much more convincing if both attacked at the same time, or if they would have transferred ownership. However, one Hosp near Tulga 15 hours after the first attack does not mean much. Regardless, it was either a rushed trade to stop me taking it before their trade, or it's even worse. All I want is a few decent battles with Hosps.

Astralis is 1-2 hours away from Tazjunat. It doesn't take long to get over there and attack. Both players are also late night gamers(luk, Strider) so they don't get on until later in the day. It's QUITE reasonable that if told: hey attack here. that they'd attack at THOSE times due too their play times and location. Had YOU attacked, I'm sure you would have seen the astralis army sitting there wondering why they can't attack.

Bull doesn't get on forums anymore cause to much shit goes on so he doesn't bother. I can probably drag him onto the forums for this. Strider is also NOT east coast and I think luk is East coast.

If you had nothing to do with transfer on HOSP side, you SHOULD be quiet. I only know what I do because of my TS server Admin status and duties. I'm sure most of you HOSP don't even know which way your ass is pointing in terms of diplomacy.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »
Look, I think this was probably a planned transfer that got rushed with the intent of zoning out Khorin's army for a day or two, but that is most definitely a lie as far as any Hospitaller leaders are concerned.  They've been tracking the army for days, know exactly where its going, and there is a 6 page long declaration of war thread by Ninjas against Hospitallers that is a week old.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/laughing-shogunate/

Ok, I didnt even know they were at war with us. im not reading a text wall that doesnt even say hospitallers in it. and no, im not a diplomat so i wouldnt know much of it anyways.

Oh there it is in the spoiler, lulz.

Why cant anyone just state their intent in the first paragraph?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:59:02 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 06:45:04 pm »
+3
Ok, I didnt even know they were at war with us. im not reading a text wall that doesnt even say hospitallers in it.

Maybe this isn't the best place for you to be posting then, since its the devs of Strategus investigating your clan possibly exploiting a game mechanic that is severely looked down upon.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »
+1
Maybe this isn't the best place for you to be posting then, since its the devs of Strategus investigating your clan possibly exploiting a game mechanic that is severely looked down upon.

Transferring fiefs is severely looked down upon?  I can see if we were attacking our own fief and said we were transferring to another member of the faction, but we've been planning on giving up Tazjunut and Unriya to Astralis, and we were eventually going to be taking over Tulga from them. 

Also if the dev's theory is that we're delaying the inevitable attack by the 2200 man shogunate army, and/or Braeden's army, wouldn't we be sending troops to reinforce the village, otherwise what tactical advantage would there be to defending the siege 24 hours later?  Wouldn't sending reinforcements be the only reason to delay an enemies attack on a village?

And you can't just cancel the attack at this point, it would be nice if as the attacker you could just turn your army around and retreat, but with the current system you can't.  If you retreat, you surrender all your men to the executioner (even as an attacker). 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 06:51:21 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy