Author Topic: Norse Horde  (Read 8267 times)

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
Re: Norse Horde
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »
+3
Are you kidding me? Who attacked a VE fief within 2 days of strat for some bs reason about how we would reset the points? Who told multiple people that tkov and fcc members were to be attacked on sight, within a week of strat? Who allied with another faction giving them 1/3 of the map before anything ever happened? Who tried to install their vassals in the desert giving them even more land to control?

Hospitallers are TERRIBLE at diplomacy and this is why you will be getting rolled. Oh and wait these arnt the only clans that will march against you, because just in this strat you have pissed everyone one off. Im fully confident i could go to KUTT ts tonight and get them on board.

And its because of shitposters like aderyn who talk shit about other clans. HoC wasnt going to bring arms to hospi, but im sure they will now.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
+2
just make sure you hire HoC, ok?

I sure hope they hire HoC. Great group of hoplites, they would work really well with NH. Can you imagine the shield walls?

Also, to Huseby, we may have had more members, but this strat that doesn't count for much, it certainly helps, but number of fiefs seems far more important, and Hospitaller has always had more. We really didnt want to make any alliances this strat since we were such a large faction, but you guys invading hero party forced our hand. Hopefully this war will be a ton of fun though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:04:34 pm by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »
+1
Are you kidding me? Who attacked a VE fief within 2 days of strat for some bs reason about how we would reset the points? Who told multiple people that tkov and fcc members were to be attacked on sight, within a week of strat? Who allied with another faction giving them 1/3 of the map before anything ever happened? Who tried to install their vassals in the desert giving them even more land to control?

Didn't we trade a village for a castle?  We attacked to take over control of the village that was in the steppe, it had nothing to do with trust, I think the main issue was that the guy wasn't there (I don't really recall at this point, but us attacking to take over a village as part of a trade seems like a non-issue).  One person posted a post on the "Hospitaller" forums (that I, and I'm guessing 95% of other members) didn't even know existed (The forums), saying FCC and TKOV were attack on sight (which was not our official stance within our faction), even though FCC had been attacking a fief of ours near their land, and attacking our members.

The only time we attacked TKOV members was after they had been AFK in our lands since the beginning of strat, and they were 100 man armies with no gold, gear or goods.

The only thing you could say was that might possibly be valid, is the KUTT/Hospitaller Alliance (which was a defensive alliance with trading and other incentives that helped both factions).   It made us the same size as the Velucan Empire.  So I fail to see how that would make us any different than you. 

We were feeling vulnerable from last strat with TKOV, Remnant (well kind of), FIDLGB, Chaos, and FCC all being on board against us.  And if we could get a defensive alliance from someone to put us in the same size category as the Velucan Empire, then obviously that would be in our best interests.  We knew we had a target on our back from day 1 in Strat 4, and there's no reason to not take precautions.

I still don't know why people saw our alliance with KUTT as an "aggressive" or hostile act...I don't think it has anything to do with actual numbers, more so the fact that people post a lot of propaganda on the forums, and most people are not privy to what actual happens in strat, and are more likely to believe it.

If you don't like someone, anything that is said negatively about them, you're likely to believe. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »
+2
We were feeling vulnerable from last strat with TKOV, Remnant (well kind of), FIDLGB, Chaos, and FCC all being on board against us.  And if we could get a defensive alliance from someone to put us in the same size category as the Velucan Empire, then obviously that would be in our best interests.  We knew we had a target on our back from day 1 in Strat 4, and there's no reason to not take precautions.

Convert to Islam if you want to be saved.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:40:07 pm by CountBerenger »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58:07 pm »
??? They were allied with UIF as soon as they lost their mega alliance of the biggest NA clans in Northern Empire.  It was then Hospitallers, DRZ, Chaos, Lost Legion, Occitan.  Then in Strat 3 it was Hospitallers, Occitan, Desert Alliance of a huge number of EU clans and they were doing trade routes with UIF.  And from what I heard at the end of 3.0 they used their huge EU support to pressure small NA clans to either join them or be destroyed.  Then in Strat 4.0 they had several vassals (they did lose most of them recently thanks to their shitty diplomacy, so yes Cheavlieres cannot help them now) and alliance with one of the biggest NA factions, Kutt, who has several vassals as well.

Hospitallers don't seem capable of coping without a huge number of allies feeding them superior numbers of troops and gold.  If they are actually underdogs for once, thank god, long overdue for them to end this NA UIF run from one mega-alliance to another.
lol
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:20 pm »
+1
I think a problem with strat, is just how small the NA CRPG world is in terms of player numbers. TKOV/FCC have an extreme bias and disdain towards hospitaller because of past events, and Hospitaller does not trust TKOV/FCC because they tried to gank hosp last strat while hosp was already busy fighting fallen. These two sides are like the jews and palestinines, nothing will ever change perceptions of one another or stop any kind of aggression towards one another. Because things are set in stone like this and the community is so small you essentially get the same world war every strat now, which isn't so interesting as if you had a larger community where you could interact with people you didn't have a long history with that ultamitly determines your current relations with.

I honestly dont know why TKOV and FCC (well really their leaders morso than actual members) dislike hospitallers so much, i assume its a strat 2 thing which i wasnt around for. In strat 3 all that happend was as i said TKOV/FCC tried to gang up on hosp while they were fighting fallen/HRE, and TKOV again tried to do it during the chaos war. TKOV did it twice and where defeated twice (or at-least you backed down from a 1 on 1 fight after the first war however it went), and hospitaller could have easily wiped them off the map (and they would probably deserve it too for attempting to gank someone whose already in a fight with a larger opponent) but they let TKOV live. So I cant imagine why either TKOV or FCC are mad at hospitaller, unless they are just bitter about losing their wars (which again is something their leaders would be mad about). And again it was your decision to attack hospitaller, its like picking a fight with someone and losing and being mad at the other person for it, it makes no sense. If anything id think TKOV would be appreciative towards hosp for being so merciful.

And now it seems Norse Horde is attacking hospitaller because they are afraid that they may be attacked by TKOV (or whoever else) because everyone up until now has seen or refereed to NH as being allies or some sort of associates of hospitaller when they never were (ive seen some of you mention this several times despite it not being true). And i dont know why everyones making such a big deal about the KUTT alliance. I really doubt KUTT will honor their alliance, they have made no mention of doing so on the forums despite hospitaller being attacked by several other factions. I think they are more interested in self preservation.

And people keep making references to Hospitaller being the NA UIF atleast in strat 3? Hospitaller had 1 real ally occitan in NA, TKOV/Fallen/HRE/CHAOS/LLJK/FCC/KUTT/HOC all fought against hospitaller and occitan, i see a UIF here but it isnt hospitaller (they look like the underdogs to anyone who knows how to count). Heck even at one point they all changed thier faction color to chaos green and you could see they controleld about 75-80% of NA strat map. I was also under the assumption as i had heard on the forums that the reason the UIF invaded NA was to break up the UIF in NA that chaos was forming to supposedly protect NA from any potential EU invasion or maybe even to attack the UIF.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:27:23 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »
+1

And now it seems Norse Horde is attacking hospitaller because they are afraid that they may be attacked by TKOV  ...

I will only comment about this part specifically. Being attacked by the VE or any of its individual parts (or even the threat of it) was not a factor in this recent decision by NH. I direct all further questions about the cause of this war to the diplomatic core of Hospitaller or to Turboflex, the NH lead diplomat. Depending on who you talk to you may however receive different answers.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »
+4
And people keep making references to Hospitaller being the NA UIF atleast in strat 3? Hospitaller had 1 real ally occitan in NA, TKOV/Fallen/HRE/CHAOS/LLJK/FCC/KUTT/HOC all fought against hospitaller and occitan, i see a UIF here but it isnt hospitaller. Heck even at one point they all changed thier faction color to chaos green and you could see they controleld about 75-80% of NA strat map.

Well to be fair, all those NA clans had to combine forces or else they never would have been able to take Fisdnar from ArysOakheart.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »
+2
I think a problem with strat, is just how small the NA CRPG world is in terms of player numbers. TKOV/FCC have an extreme bias and disdain towards hospitaller because of past events, and Hospitaller does not trust TKOV/FCC because they tried to gank hosp last strat while hosp was already busy fighting fallen. These two sides are like the jews and palestinines, nothing will ever change perceptions of one another or stop any kind of aggression towards one another. Because things are set in stone like this and the community is so small you essentially get the same world war every strat now, which isn't so interesting as if you had a larger community where you could interact with people you didn't have a long history with that ultamitly determines your current relations with.

I honestly dont know why TKOV and FCC (well really their leaders morso than actual members) dislike hospitallers so much, i assume its a strat 2 thing which i wasnt around for. In strat 3 all that happend was as i said TKOV/FCC tried to gang up on hosp while they were fighting fallen/HRE, and TKOV again tried to do it during the chaos war. TKOV did it twice and where defeated twice (or at-least you backed down from a 1 on 1 fight after the first war however it went), and hospitaller could have easily wiped them off the map (and they would probably deserve it too for attempting to gank someone whose already in a fight with a larger opponent) but they let TKOV live. So I cant imagine why either TKOV or FCC are mad at hospitaller, unless they are just bitter about losing their wars (which again is something their leaders would be mad about). And again it was your decision to attack hospitaller, its like picking a fight with someone and losing and being mad at the other person for it, it makes no sense. If anything id think TKOV would be appreciative towards hosp for being so merciful.

And now it seems Norse Horde is attacking hospitaller because they are afraid that they may be attacked by TKOV (or whoever else) because everyone up until now has seen or refereed to NH as being allies or some sort of associates of hospitaller when they never were (ive seen some of you mention this several times despite it not being true). And i dont know why everyones making such a big deal about the KUTT alliance. I really doubt KUTT will honor their alliance, they have made no mention of doing so on the forums despite hospitaller being attacked by several other factions. I think they are more interested in self preservation.

And people keep making references to Hospitaller being the NA UIF atleast in strat 3? Hospitaller had 1 real ally occitan in NA, TKOV/Fallen/HRE/CHAOS/LLJK/FCC/KUTT/HOC all fought against hospitaller and occitan, i see a UIF here but it isnt hospitaller (they look like the underdogs to anyone who knows how to count). Heck even at one point they all changed thier faction color to chaos green and you could see they controleld about 75-80% of NA strat map. I was also under the assumption as i had heard on the forums that the reason the UIF invaded NA was to break up the UIF in NA that chaos was forming to supposedly protect NA from any potential EU invasion or maybe even to attack the UIF.

Now, I was only moderately involved in strat 3, and am now heavily involved in strat 4, so keep in mind that I don't know SHIT about previous strat rounds. I think a large chunk of the disdain of hospitaller does not come from strategus, but from simple interaction in the crpg servers. It seems to me that many of the hospitallers choose play-styles (such as aderyn and itchy kiting and capping fools on the constant) that are conducive to disdain, and that many of them post on the forums in ways that are conducive to disdain. While it seems that occitan and BRD/FCC (although FCC/BRD has a metric fuckton of people running their banner in the servers, many of them don't do strat) are now the largest, most skilled clans that inhabit the battle server, I think that title used to belong to hospitaller several months ago, and for a long time before that. Being "that guy" is always going to result in people not liking you. I mean, why do a lot of people dislike Occitan? They're all very friendly folks, always polite, and almost never M teamwounds. It's because most of them choose builds and equipment that are "the best", and they organize extremely well while also trying their best. People dislike them because they see the "occitan-stack" on the other team and automatically assume they do that in order to troll everyone, when in reality, they do it because that's how they have fun.

Also; ever since I started playing actively (I use that word because I played for about 4 months and didn't pay attention to shit, didn't go on the forums, also didn't improve my skills) everybody that I developed a repoire with seems to dislike hospitaller greatly. In fact, if someone were to ask me if I liked or disliked hospitaller as a group, I would have to choose the "dislike" option. A lot of that is due to simple osmosis of opinion. People don't call them "hospimy old friendlers" for no reason; although I have yet to pinpoint what the reason actually is.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 12:17:24 am »
What I don't understand is why NH didn't wait longer for TKoV to soften us up more before revealing their hand. Due to ther proximity I can't help but wonder how they think they can stave us off very long at all. Oh and can't wait to fight multiple NH and HoC! It's my favorite thing to do NH team work vs Me >:D so bring it on and it will be fun know you guys won't die without a fight
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:18 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Oh, lemmy winks, your so funny and misinformed. TKoV didnt take any part in the Fallen vs Hospi war because we were fighting HATE at the time. We merced for fallen because we had a merc deal with them. We let fallen regroup in our fiefs after they got wiped, but thats about it. Yes we did join the green alliance, but if i remember correctly, Hospi started that war, not green. Also, at the end of last strat, the reason people kept saying hospi were the NA UIF is because they were allied with a ton of EU factions that were occupying NA territory ( Fallen, Templars, HRE, Mercs, Kapikulu) This alliance was wanting the rest of NA (TKoV, Chaos, FIDLGB, HOC) to form one massive alliance to combat the UIF, which we didnt want to do. Also, for the record, Hospi didnt take a single TKoV fief in strat 3.0, we lost most of our villages to Fallen and Templars then had a ton of sieges against hospi.

And to spaniard, im guessing that NH saw an opportunity and decided it was worth it to jump in early.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 12:40:24 am »
+2
Well to be fair, all those NA clans had to combine forces or else they never would have been able to take Fisdnar from ArysOakheart.

I really should hold a grudge for that!

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 12:44:36 am »
+1

I would like you to tell me when we were ever defeated by hospitaller? 

I believe we fought hospitaller three time, first when they were in Northern Empire ( Victory to us and FCC, even though Chaos, DRZ and Fallen were part of it, TKoV/FCC killed most of their troops) Strat 3, it was the Green Coalition, but Hospitaller never had any real battle against us (TKoV) and UIF never even touched our main troops, only conquered 3 village we gave up on to protect more defensible fiefs.

Finally, the end of Strat 3 when we joined Chaos against Hospitaller. I admit the end of last strat ended bleakly for us, but we easily killed thrice as many troops and still had over 12k troops left. While it is probable that we would have been destroyed overtime, i'm sure we would have tried something to change things if strat 3 kept going a couple more months.

So I really can't find how you would think hospitaller ever had any chance to be merciful to us considering they never even truly defeated us. In fact right now it's pretty much 1 win and two unfinished war for us right now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:48:51 am by Syls »

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:11 am »
TKoV should make another thread about hosps beating them or not even seeing them as real opponents and then having them cower in fear because they think their 3to1 KD ratio while defending a castle makes them special.

This thread should be all about or loveable Viking friends hurr who despite teamwork and confidence will be removed from their location due to the grevious mistake they have made by making us their enemies. War time commence!
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:00 am »
+3
TKoV should make another thread about hosps beating them or not even seeing them as real opponents and then having them cower in fear because they think their 3to1 KD ratio while defending a castle makes them special.

This thread should be all about or loveable Viking friends hurr who despite teamwork and confidence will be removed from their location due to the grevious mistake they have made by making us their enemies. War time commence!

Pft, i felt special every time i killed one of you hospitallers in your duped lordly plate death armor