Author Topic: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops  (Read 11556 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »
Wat is up with these shitty battle times? One thing I always liked from hospi is they rarely initiated bad battles times, but this is 3 or 4 already that a bad times

Is it hero party nightimes or just "click-attack hope your chracter gets there at a good time?

My guess would be they think that the 10 man faction won't have any guys on at these random times, but a 60 man faction will always have some players on who play at non-prime time hours.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »
+2
I'd like to point out that Hospitaller never came to the aid of the sovereign fief of New Ismirala--formerly known as Faraway Ismirala--which was owned by an independent faction. Why is there so much interest from Hospitaller in a fief that doesn't belong to one of their vassals, but an independent faction?

Losing tincan armies to an albeit bigger army but an army with almost half the size of mercs showing up that the Hospitallers side had and at uncomfortable times to attack, as well as facing tincan gear.

That was so close to English.

Are there any war correspondents in the area that can update us with screenshots and troop counts? Aside from the battle list, I can't get a good estimate of the actual size of this invasion. (I'm pretty sure the nighttime settings of the defenders and the attackers both are taken into consideration; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 08:19:23 pm »
My guess would be they think that the 10 man faction won't have any guys on at these random times, but a 60 man faction will always have some players on who play at non-prime time hours.

My guess is that bad battlefield commanders clicked on a fief and did "attack".  As for the two open field battles, both of those guys don't work during the day (AFAIK) so that's prob why they attacked when they did.

Either way, would be nice to do the battles in the evening...

The only nighttime setting that matters is the defenders...it will push the battle back to after night time. I suppose if you attacked during your own night time it would push it back as well...but that would be pretty foolish if you attacked during your own night time setting.

Also, SaleHope was part of Papal Guard, who were a vassal of the Hospitaller.  When they broke up, SaleHope kept his allegiances to the the Hospitaller faction. 

When you attack a sovereign fief, you risk upsetting any friends they have.   Thems the breaks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:22:26 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »
Chevaliers DID want the castle ...but Tydeus had attacked it before they got there.  I told Inglorious to call off his claim on it because we were working to try and come to a diplomatic negotiation with hero_party. 

Chevaliers never gave it to the hero_party, they were never in control of the castle.  SaleHope (our vassal) never gave the castle to hero_party.  Hero_party attacked a sovereign castle, who the lord happened to be allied with our faction.  We never gave the castle to Chevaliers, because we were never in control of it.  Your events are completely flawed.

Tydeus appeared not to know this until after the battle happened.  He wouldnt' cancel the battle, and he has refused to give it back to the original lord.

There were communication breakdowns by all parties involved.  We should have made it clear that the lord was giving it to us, and we were giving to Chevaliers.  Chevaliers should have made it clear that they weren't just claiming the castle, but were being given the castle by the existing lord.  hero_party should have contacted the lord to work out a diplomatic solution, instead of attacking a sovereign fief.

That being said, communication problems be damned, at any time Hero_party could have given the castle back to the original lord, or done with it as he wished.  They have refused to do this, they are the aggressors.

That's all anyone needs to know.
Ah, thanks for clearing this up for me. I've been getting my information from a vast amount of sources so it's tough to be able to know whose telling the truth and who is merely trying to be in the right.

It's not his native tongue so I kind of hope you're being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:36:06 pm by Kreczor »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:13 pm »
The part that is a little unsettling to me is the following. Papal Guard had more then one member in it originally. I know they were small, but they had one or two other members. Because a fief can only have one owner, they had to choose one, who was salehope. Each one of the members should have an equal share of ownership though. If the other two members had joined hero_party/chaos/remnant/etc, and wanted to give the fief to them, would that be ok with hospitaller?

To take it further, what if salehope left to join another clan? would you say that the fief now belongs to that clan even though they were your vassals?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »
A lord of a fief, is the lord of the fief.  It's not a community thing.  If a faction wants to change lords of a fief, and the lord doesn't agree, they can hold out and become an independent rogue.

After PapalGuard disbanded, if SaleHope choose to break allegiance with our faction, we would have accepted that.   It was never the Hospitaller's castle to begin with.  But being that he choose to stick with us, we would back him 100% to keep control of the castle (which would ultimately be granted to Chevaliers on our behalf). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 09:06:31 pm »
+1
Wat is up with these shitty battle times? One thing I always liked from hospi is they rarely initiated bad battles times, but this is 3 or 4 already that a bad times

Is it hero party nightimes or just "click-attack hope your chracter gets there at a good time?
It's a hospitaller strategy, it has nothing to do with night time.

Are there any war correspondents in the area that can update us with screenshots and troop counts? Aside from the battle list, I can't get a good estimate of the actual size of this invasion. (I'm pretty sure the nighttime settings of the defenders and the attackers both are taken into consideration; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
So far it's about 1200-1500 troops that are inconsistently geared. Most have a bit of transitional armor, heraldic mail and leather armor with mid tier weapons.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:13:06 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »
As much as I would say otherwise, HOSP has been going 1:1 almost every battle. For their gear this sucks, but for the overall war, it's what you want.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2012, 09:18:53 pm »
+1
I'd like to point out that Hospitaller never came to the aid of the sovereign fief of New Ismirala--formerly known as Faraway Ismirala--which was owned by an independent faction. Why is there so much interest from Hospitaller in a fief that doesn't belong to one of their vassals, but an independent faction?

Cut me some slack, i had a rough day and i'm tired!

And they probably didn't help you out because they were already having discussions about having KUTT join the alliance.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »
As much as I would say otherwise, HOSP has been going 1:1 almost every battle. For their gear this sucks, but for the overall war, it's what you want.
They've had less than 1:1, especially when you look at the fact that in the village battle where they were only fighting 300 population, they won the battle with zero troops to spare.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 09:31:24 pm »
They've had less than 1:1, especially when you look at the fact that in the village battle where they were only fighting 300 population, they won the battle with zero troops to spare.

Sounds like you're inflicting some real damage to us.  Oh wait, these are your fiefs we're attacking, and expendable armies we've sent.  If you like wars in your territory, then continue as you've been doing (nothing) on the diplomatic front.

When you want peace brought to your lands, hand over the castle back to the rightful lord, and we'll discuss negotiating it over to you peacefully. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:03 pm »

Talking about ratios.
First battle http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=601
They lost 248 you lost 300. Gear wise: you guys did WAY better. Ticket wise: You guys lost out.

Battle 2:http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=608
They lost 298 you lost 263 Not 1:1 but pretty close. You guys beat their gear whoring so You did better than numbers say, but ticket wise you guys barely won.

battle 3: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=605
279 dead to their 289(+11). Another nearly 1:1 ticket loss.

But if you guys had shiney armies, I think those numbers WOULD be different. But in terms of tickets, you are NOT winning.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »
Really? 8AM EST on a Thursday for a fief? Stop being weirdos and have the battles at times where normal people can join? How else can I be accepted for either side and leechget experience?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:07 pm »
Really? 8AM EST on a Thursday for a fief? Stop being weirdos and have the battles at times where normal people can join? How else can I be accepted for either side and leechget experience?

Not even i can join that battle lol. Damn too early. Put it like at earliest 4 PM EST or whatever. And that's earliest.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »

I don't think 99% of our faction members want to fight battles (or can make battles) at these weird hours....I think it's just bad/lazy battle commanders clicking on a fief from 50,000 meters and clicking "attack fief"
 - Stolen from Macropussy