Author Topic: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops  (Read 10630 times)

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 05:55:05 pm »
+7
As usual Huseby, only you can manage to post the most moronic garbage. Chevliers, Malta, and Papal Guard were all your vassals. Hell, we had Valdian on TS saying though Chevaliers were your vassals, Hospitallers would not support them in their alliance with weeaboos against LLJK. I'm from a neutral party in your war with hero_party but even I can see through your poor attempts at spinning and propaganda.

Just to show how your own words confim the following statement is false:
Chevaliers were never Hospitaller vassals.

Interesting except:
Hospitallers support Chevaliers' claim to take over control of Samarra castle from the Papal Guard...

Hopefully that glitch or bug abuse is looked into as far as why there's 4000 population...

Maybe that was just a voice of support, but wait, orders?
And I was going to offer a KDR boosting party once we claimed it to knock down the population to regularity... Sigh...

Orders to concede the castle to hero_party: Confirmed

Hmm interesting
Just to let hero party know Papalgaurd was under hospitaller castle there claims go to who we say. Samara castle is now under the rule of Chevaliers  the owner of the castle will be giving controll of it to inglorius and we will fix the bug with the population in the seige.

Ahh and here we are at last
It's not blatantly aggressive.  There is still an owner of the castle.  He was our vassal as Papal Guard, and choose to join our faction and give us the castle.  We planned on giving it to the Chevaliers.  I told Inglorious we were trying to work out a diplomatic solution to the castle with hero_party.  As it stands, our vassal controlled the castle, and we intend to keep it that way until a deal is reached.  Seems pretty easy for all parties to comprehend except for forum posters.

In other words Huseby, you are god awful at propaganda. Learn from Lordark, Valdian, Devilize, etc. who are either funny or good at it. I would post an appropriate image/gif mocking you but since Canary-san is on a quest to ruin my fun, alas you will have to do without.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »
You're ignorant to the facts Rikthor.

Chevaliers were never our vassals, but worked closely with our faction.

The lord of Samarra castle was giving the castle over to the Chevaliers (which was facilitated through our faction).  Before Inglorious reached the castle, Tydeus attacked it.  At that point I asked Inglorious to give up the claim on Samarra castle until we could work out a deal with hero_party. 

Our negotiations fell through, so Chevaliers attacked the castle.

I don't see how this is difficult for anyone to comprehend.  Oh right, all the spam, shit posting, and propaganda can easily muddle the facts.  I'm pretty sure that's the whole point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »
+6
Chevaliers were never our vassals, but worked closely with our faction.

Actually, it's easy. Either a) you are lying which is the most likely choice or b) Valdian was lying when he told several of us Chevaliers were your vassals. So which is it then, killer? Cut your losses and be quiet, you are not doing yourself a favor on the propaganda front.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 06:17:26 pm »
+1
Actually, it's easy. Either a) you are lying which is the most likely choice or b) Valdian was lying when he told several of us Chevaliers were your vassals. So which is it then, killer? Cut your losses and be quiet, you are not doing yourself a favor on the propaganda front.

Valdian is, and has been, very much out of the loop on the inner workings of the Hospitaller faction. Communication between officers, diplomats and Valdian were basically non-existent for months up until this last week.  He was working deals without coming to me or Devilize first. 

Chevaliers were never our vassals, and as such, were never declared our vassals anywhere publicly.  It's possible they felt like our vassals or that Valdian did as well.  Typically you don't ever refer to a vassal, as a vassal, so I really don't know (but in my mind, they were never vassals, but an independent faction). 

Let's step back and play devil's advocate here as well.  Whether they were our vassals or not (and whether we're lying about it or not) what difference would that make in the way this played out?  If Chevaliers were our vassals, it wouldn't change the fact that Tydeus attacked a sovereign castle (again, wouldn't matter if it was our vassals or not, attacking a sovereign fief is usually going to piss some people off).  He pissed off the wrong people, wouldn't cancel the attack, and we were unable to come to diplomatic negotiations. 

We weren't the aggressors here, hero_party was.  All they have to do is give the castle back to the original lord (or what he wishes to do with it) and all this ends.

Logic doesn't appear to be your strong suit.

Also, Words, they mean things.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:23:45 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 06:25:02 pm »
+9
Valdian is, and has been, very much out of the loop on the inner workings of the Hospitaller faction. Communication between officers, diplomats and Valdian were basically non-existent for months up until this last week.  He was working deals without coming to me or Devilize first. 

Chevaliers were never our vassals, and as such, were never declared our vassals anywhere publicly.

Let's step back and play devil's advocate here as well.  Whether they were our vassals or not (and whether we're lying about it or not) what difference would that make in the way this played out?  If Chevaliers were our vassals, it wouldn't change the fact that Tydeus attacked a sovereign castle (again, wouldn't matter if it was our vassals or not, attacking a sovereign fief is usually going to piss some people off).  He pissed off the wrong people, wouldn't cancel the attack, and we were unable to come to diplomatic negotiations. 

We weren't the aggressors here, hero_party was.  All they have to do is give the castle back to the original lord (or what he wishes to do with it) and all this ends.

Logic doesn't appear to be your strong suit.

As much as I don't want to get involved, this is how the events transpired:
Papal Guard died.
Hospitaller cried.
Hospitaller gave Samarra Castle to Chevaliers.
Chevaliers didn't want it.
Chevaliers gave Samarra Castle to hero_party.
Hospitaller got mad.
Hospitaller attacked.

No harsh feelings here but come on, your casius belli is entirely flawed. You lost the castle because chevaliers gave it away to hero_party, therefore it is out of your reach. Example: I'm about to go poor so I give my last penny to my friend Larry. My friend Larry then decides that my penny would be better given to my friend Gary since he would benefit more from this. Now my dad gets really mad because Larry gave my penny to Gary. I have no more possession to said penny. I gave it away. It is not mine nor my fathers. It is not anyones except for Gary's.
Think of Gary.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »
Chevaliers DID want the castle ...but Tydeus had attacked it before they got there.  I told Inglorious to call off his claim on it because we were working to try and come to a diplomatic negotiation with hero_party. 

Chevaliers never gave it to the hero_party, they were never in control of the castle.  SaleHope (our vassal) never gave the castle to hero_party.  Hero_party attacked a sovereign castle, who the lord happened to be allied with our faction.  We never gave the castle to Chevaliers, because we were never in control of it.  Your events are completely flawed.

Tydeus appeared not to know this until after the battle happened.  He wouldnt' cancel the battle, and he has refused to give it back to the original lord.

There were communication breakdowns by all parties involved.  We should have made it clear that the lord was giving it to us, and we were giving to Chevaliers.  Chevaliers should have made it clear that they weren't just claiming the castle, but were being given the castle by the existing lord.  hero_party should have contacted the lord to work out a diplomatic solution, instead of attacking a sovereign fief.

That being said, communication problems be damned, at any time Hero_party could have given the castle back to the original lord, or done with it as he wished.  They have refused to do this, they are the aggressors.

That's all anyone needs to know.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:36:34 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »
Chevaliers DID want the castle ...but Tydeus had attacked it before they got there.  I told Inglorious to call off his claim on it because we were working to try and come to a diplomatic negotiation with hero_party. 

So you basically told Inglorious to remove any cause for cassus belli against hero_party.  Dropping all claims to the fief.  There was no need to drop claims if you are still negotiating (both have claims), but when you drop a claim - you drop all rights to that fief.  Then you come back and change your mind.  You are a fickle diplomat, I know now not to trust you in any future negotiations and deal only with valdian.

Really??  I remember repeated postings about how he was the main diplomat and you were only a sub-diplomat.  Trying to usurp his position and call him incompetent??  You should really watch your footing as Valdian seems a lot more trustworthy after the recent debacle.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »
+2
I see you saying that Chevaliers are not your vassel, and then everything you post after it makes it sound like they are your vassal. Example:

I told Inglorious to call off his claim on it because we were working to try and come to a diplomatic negotiation with hero_party. 

Oh yeah we just work closely together. We have this relationship where we tell them exactly what to do, and then they do that in return for land. But no, they are totally not our vassal.

The way I see it is that the papal guard split up, and the castle becomes up for grabs. Sure, that means that there is valid reasons for a fight over it, but it is also right in the middle of hero_party's land and should be respected as such.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
Papal guard split, the lord still remains the lord of the castle.  He was backed by our faction.

There was a brief period after they split where we didn't know what would happen to the castle, so we thought Chevaliers being close by and our friends, should try to claim it.  Once we realized the lord was planning on giving it to us (and us to Chevaliers), Tydeus had already attacked the castle.  So yes, for a moment there was confusion over the castle, but the lord was always loyal to our faction, and he remained the lord after Papal Guard split.

Chevaliers "conceding" the castle, wasn't conceding to the hero_party, it was conceding their claim on it, back to the original owner (SaleHope), after we realized he was still on board with our faction.  Chevaliers original claim on the castle was the same as hero_parties, they both thought it was up for grabs.  When I was informed it was still in our vassal's control, I informed  Inglorious, and he took my advice to concede the castle back to the original lord.

Whether Chevaliers were "vassals" or not, does not change the fact that SaleHope was the lord, hero_party attacked and took the castle from him. That was the aggressive act, and not returning it was what caused this war.   
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »
+1
Chevaliers "conceding" the castle, wasn't conceding to the hero_party, it was conceding back to the original owner (SaleHope).  Inglorious was taking my advice to concede the castle, so they wouldn't be seen as fighting hero_party over it before we could try to reach a diplomatic negotiation.

And I was going to offer a KDR boosting party once we claimed it to knock down the population to regularity... Sigh...

Orders to concede the castle to hero_party: Confirmed

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:53:33 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 06:53:47 pm »

Well Chevaliers never controlled the castle...it was never theirs to concede to anyone but the lord.  And when asked Inglorious to concede the claim on the castle, it wasn't to recognize hero_party as the lords of it...because it still belonged to SaleHope at that time.  I asked him to concede their claim on it because it no longer needed to be attacked to be taken, the lord was willingly sticking with his allegiance to our faction.  It would have been transferred over peacefully.

Like I said, there were many communication breakdowns before it changed hands to hero_party.  At any point in time they could have canceled the attack, or afterwards given it back to the original lord.

Hero_party attacked a sovereign fief.  We were backing the lord of the fief.  That's the bottom line.  And I can't stress enough, give the castle back, and the war ends. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »
+8
And I can't stress this enough: leave our territory, and the war ends.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »
So as it has been since Tydeus attacked, there is no common ground, and war will continue.  This was your doing from the beginning.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:35 pm »
+2
And I can't stress this enough: leave our territory, and the war ends.

Losing tincan armies to an albeit bigger army but an army with almost half the size of mercs showing up that the Hospitallers side had and at uncomfortable times to attack, as well as facing tincan gear.

GG

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »
+1
Wat is up with these shitty battle times? One thing I always liked from hospi is they rarely initiated bad battles times, but this is 3 or 4 already that a bad times

Is it hero party nightimes or just "click-attack hope your chracter gets there at a good time?