Author Topic: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 10:07:49 pm »
+1
Really? 8AM EST on a Thursday for a fief? Stop being weirdos and have the battles at times where normal people can join? How else can I be accepted for either side and leechget experience?
As much as Lordark used to own Huey, he at least attacks at perfect times for NA players.

Well lets see If Lordark pays mercs, since he hired me this time. Should be interesting fighting on the OTHER side in this war. 3 fights as hero party(who pays 1g rather than k:d pay or something. At least it's pay, but :( ) now once as a Hosp fighter.

You fools need pay mercs cause it's no fun being a freebie merc.

Currently my primary merc(NA side) Picks:
Chaos(best pay ever)
FCC(Pay good)
Kutt(pay decent) and LLJK(pay decent) and Shogunate (pay Decent)
Hero Party(They pay)

Non picks:
Coalition
Remnant

EU Side:
Nords cause they pay real good
The goat lord cause he pays and is just awesome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »
As much as Lordark used to own Huey, he at least attacks at perfect times for NA players.

Well lets see If Lordark pays mercs, since he hired me this time. Should be interesting fighting on the OTHER side in this war. 3 fights as hero party(who pays 1g rather than k:d pay or something. At least it's pay, but :( ) now once as a Hosp fighter.

You fools need pay mercs cause it's no fun being a freebie merc.

Currently my primary merc(NA side) Picks:
Chaos(best pay ever)
FCC(Pay good)
Kutt(pay decent) and LLJK(pay decent) and Shogunate (pay Decent)
Hero Party(They pay)

Non picks:
Coalition
Remnant

EU Side:
Nords cause they pay real good
The goat lord cause he pays and is just awesome.

I wish i could merc for gold but i completely suck :(

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »
A lord of a fief, is the lord of the fief.  It's not a community thing.  If a faction wants to change lords of a fief, and the lord doesn't agree, they can hold out and become an independent rogue.

After PapalGuard disbanded, if SaleHope choose to break allegiance with our faction, we would have accepted that.   It was never the Hospitaller's castle to begin with.  But being that he choose to stick with us, we would back him 100% to keep control of the castle (which would ultimately be granted to Chevaliers on our behalf).

so lets say someone who owns a castle directly in the middle of your land leaves and joins remnant, you would have no problwm witb us keeping said castle?

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:23 pm »
Oh. My. God.

Why is this mini-skirmish getting way more drama and attention than it deserves? He said she said elementary school bullshit. Put on your big boy pants everyone, Strategus is about having FUN. You're not going to expire over a small little matter, and more importantly, who the fuck cares? All you guys are doing is just giving EU players more to laugh at and prove their point further that the vast majority of us are just drama-seeking whores.

At least we are having battles and have something to look forward to this strat. Stop with the stupid 5 pages of retarded shit, you're killing my balls.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »
so lets say someone who owns a castle directly in the middle of your land leaves and joins remnant, you would have no problwm witb us keeping said castle?

Uh...no we'd fight over it obviously. 

Quote from: Me
If a faction wants to change lords of a fief, and the lord doesn't agree, they can hold out and become an independent rogue.

"they can hold out" aka hold out against the incoming waves of armies that are coming to take back the fief for the faction.  It's like single player warband...if your faction wants the fief, and you say "no", you still are the lord of the fief, but probably not for very long unless you have some good contingency plans.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »
Why is this mini-skirmish getting way more drama and attention than it deserves? He said she said elementary school bullshit. Put on your big boy pants everyone, Strategus is about having FUN. You're not going to expire over a small little matter, and more importantly, who the fuck cares? All you guys are doing is just giving EU players more to laugh at and prove their point further that the vast majority of us are just drama-seeking whores.

At least we are having battles and have something to look forward to this strat. Stop with the stupid 5 pages of retarded shit, you're killing my balls.

Then why is our entire clan circle-jerking in the snow? It's kinda boring up here in the north, man, not gonna lie.

Also, Tanken, you have very nice balls.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 11:39:37 pm »
Talking about ratios.
First battle http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=601
They lost 248 you lost 300. Gear wise: you guys did WAY better. Ticket wise: You guys lost out.

Battle 2:http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=608
They lost 298 you lost 263 Not 1:1 but pretty close. You guys beat their gear whoring so You did better than numbers say, but ticket wise you guys barely won.

battle 3: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=605
279 dead to their 289(+11). Another nearly 1:1 ticket loss.

But if you guys had shiney armies, I think those numbers WOULD be different. But in terms of tickets, you are NOT winning.

I don't see why you're only looking at things in terms of tickets, when that doesn't say very much about how things actually played out. You should know considering you were also there for all three battles.

In the first battle, hero_party had like 100 low quality weapons in total for 300 troops thanks to intelligent purchasing decisions on the part of the fief owner. It ended up being some kind of Stalingrad affair where we had to dodge swarms of sniping archers on rooftops and crossbow fire to get actually usable weapons off of the people we killed and then retrieve said weapons from our own corpses after we repoped.  The second battle saw the hero_party side being noticeably outnumbered for the entire battle despite the ticket advantage because 10 people on the roster decided not to show up while all of the Hospitallers' side did. Considering that their side also had absolute superiority in terms of archers and cavalry compared to ours, it's nothing short of a miracle that we were able to both win and pull out a better than 1:1 ratio for that battle. The third battle again had the hero_party being noticeably outnumbered for the entire battle because 11 people on the roster never turned up and again pitted us against a well-equipped force that had an absolute superiority in terms of archers and cavalry. The fact that all of the fighting centered around possession of a big hill in the middle of the map, which forced us to charge uphill into volleys of arrows again and again didn't help matters either. Even with that, we were still able to pull out a solid win and do slightly better than 1:1 in the process.

Of course, what's arguably more important than the specifics of each individual battle is the fact that a faction with 10 people has so far managed to stalemate an full-on invasion by Hospitaller. That in itself is quite a feat, even before you look at things like tickets, gear, or rosters.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »
+1
Sounds like you're inflicting some real damage to us.  Oh wait, these are your fiefs we're attacking, and expendable armies we've sent.  If you like wars in your territory, then continue as you've been doing (nothing) on the diplomatic front.

When you want peace brought to your lands, hand over the castle back to the rightful lord, and we'll discuss negotiating it over to you peacefully.
TL;DR:
Surrender or we bleed on ye!

Sounds scary alright :lol:

Offline Mayzer

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Trueborn Stratian
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Mayzer_of_Chaos, Harbinger_of_Chaos
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:38 pm »
+3
I shot so many horses.

Also, if you give a horse an arrow enema I think it should at least rear.
Look into that chadz.

(Also what a great pun)
Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. The Harbinger has come.

If you wish to contact me, search for Mayzer on Steam. I'm the one with the Minecraft avatar.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »
I don't see why you're only looking at things in terms of tickets, when that doesn't say very much about how things actually played out. You should know considering you were also there for all three battles.

In the first battle, hero_party had like 100 low quality weapons in total for 300 troops thanks to intelligent purchasing decisions on the part of the fief owner. It ended up being some kind of Stalingrad affair where we had to dodge swarms of sniping archers on rooftops and crossbow fire to get actually usable weapons off of the people we killed and then retrieve said weapons from our own corpses after we repoped.  The second battle saw the hero_party side being noticeably outnumbered for the entire battle despite the ticket advantage because 10 people on the roster decided not to show up while all of the Hospitallers' side did. Considering that their side also had absolute superiority in terms of archers and cavalry compared to ours, it's nothing short of a miracle that we were able to both win and pull out a better than 1:1 ratio for that battle. The third battle again had the hero_party being noticeably outnumbered for the entire battle because 11 people on the roster never turned up and again pitted us against a well-equipped force that had an absolute superiority in terms of archers and cavalry. The fact that all of the fighting centered around possession of a big hill in the middle of the map, which forced us to charge uphill into volleys of arrows again and again didn't help matters either. Even with that, we were still able to pull out a solid win and do slightly better than 1:1 in the process.

Of course, what's arguably more important than the specifics of each individual battle is the fact that a faction with 10 people has so far managed to stalemate an full-on invasion by Hospitaller. That in itself is quite a feat, even before you look at things like tickets, gear, or rosters.

Never said anything about Hero's prowess. I did say that if HP had REAL gear, those battles would be different. And Yes I forgot about the number advantage, but it wasn't all THAT large of a number advantage for 2 battles.(1 and 5) while one battle was a disadvantage of 7(but fog reduced the enemies ability to fight that map).

But in strat, tickets matter. So if you just don't have enough tickets you lose, plain and simple. I'm a merc, so I go for whoever pays me, but in terms of long term war, HP is losing and Hosp is winning. In terms of battles, HP beats Hosp every time.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:15 am »
Never said anything about Hero's prowess. I did say that if HP had REAL gear, those battles would be different. And Yes I forgot about the number advantage, but it wasn't all THAT large of a number advantage for 2 battles.(1 and 5) while one battle was a disadvantage of 7(but fog reduced the enemies ability to fight that map).

But in strat, tickets matter. So if you just don't have enough tickets you lose, plain and simple. I'm a merc, so I go for whoever pays me, but in terms of long term war, HP is losing and Hosp is winning. In terms of battles, HP beats Hosp every time.

Well, I can't say anyone is surprised. We all knew it would work out like this from the get-go.

Quote from: Tydeus
It's quite easy to see who will win a war between Hospitaller and hero_party, even if we could out-gear you and maintain a 2:1 ratio of kills to deaths, our best case scenario, which is highly unlikely, you'd still win through attrition if nothing else.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/knights-hospitaller-declares-war-on-hero_party/msg622363/#msg622363

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:54 am »
+1
Then why is our entire clan circle-jerking in the snow? It's kinda boring up here in the north, man, not gonna lie.

Also, Tanken, you have very nice balls.

Snow is boring and cool. Desert is warm and pleasant and we got palm trees here and hot barely clothed babes and infidels invading it.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 12:34:02 am »
+2
lmao, really, an 8 am thursday battle?  fuck off hosps.

It wasn't even a  "click attack and go afk" either.  i saw aztek's army hide in ahmerrad at about 3-4 AM, and figured he was gonna wait around here until primetime then attack something.  I was going to let him stay there too, because it was too late to bother and wanted an evening fight.

Then I guess a couple hours after I went to sleep, he quick marched himself to attack Habba at 8 AM on a weekday, hahaha.  You guys really are the worst. 

Behold NA, this is what you have to look forward to if Hosps stay in power.  They will ambush your caravans at 10 AM Tuesday, and if that time isn't good enough they will attack your fiefs at 6-8 AM on Thursday.  I know you guys have Aderyn but now I feel like I picked a war with an EU faction.  Shameful, really.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 01:37:00 am »
Talking about ratios.
First battle http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=601
They lost 248 you lost 300. Gear wise: you guys did WAY better. Ticket wise: You guys lost out.

Battle 2:http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=608
They lost 298 you lost 263 Not 1:1 but pretty close. You guys beat their gear whoring so You did better than numbers say, but ticket wise you guys barely won.

battle 3: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=605
279 dead to their 289(+11). Another nearly 1:1 ticket loss.

But if you guys had shiney armies, I think those numbers WOULD be different. But in terms of tickets, you are NOT winning.
K:D only matters when you're losing troops and equipment, not population. Tally up troops lost then you see the real loses. We've lost about 530 troops total in this war, they've lost over 950 total.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:09 am »
+2
Troops are easy to come by now a days!! Also, I was really excited for this war, I mean 10 guys vs  like what? 100 guys? I was ready to make a stand, to get xp and play strat, but no, I get to see battles in the morning at 10 am CST 12 CST and 655 CST. You wonder why people hate you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:21:32 am by DoD_Blackzilla »