Author Topic: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops  (Read 11565 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:15 pm »
Well that battle sucked. Didn't even get a kill cause all the infantry were hogging it all.
Indeed, so I ask again. What is this about attacking more than "10 lonely guys". It sure looks like that's the case. Stop spinning this as though hospitaller is fighting a war against an equally powerful clan. That concept completely disregards all factual evidence to the contrary. Nearly all of our battles so far have been fought with hero_party having far fewer mercs signed up. The only thing I have diplomatically requested from anyone, because I don't really give a shit who mercs against us, is simply to try to ensure roster sizes stay balanced.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:32:56 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2012, 02:23:04 pm »
I signed up on hosp side not knowing how uneven it was just to get a battle in.

I thought it was going to be smaller than that. 

Time for bed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2012, 02:32:38 pm »
+5
If the occasional FCC merc counts towards our faction strength, then you should count half of EU as hospitaller's allies, considering how many Fallen, GK, Templars, and other anti-UIF coalition members are signing up for them on their asinine early morning battles.
Heck, considering that hosp trade caravans go to EU lands all the time, I'd say the EU are a heck more of an ally towards hosp than anyone on NA is for us, since they are actually receiving tangible material benefit from their trade, not just mercenaries.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »
+3
the political situation of this war:  half of the NA map, half of the EU map, vs a 10 man faction.  I couldn't fix odds that good if I was in the mafia.  Speaking of which, now accepting bets against hero_party losing.  50,000 stones on market.  Buy them and we lose, I'll pay you back double!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 02:42:09 pm »
+1
hardly some conspiricy... he just came in Ts and said hey anyone wanna fight in a battle?. if you did the same and first im sure people would fight for you ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2012, 03:35:41 pm »
Nobodies spinning it as a "fair" fight.  I had people ask us to just let Chevaliers and Astralis fight hero_party.  Wars aren't meant to be fair.

You have something that belongs to one of our members, you may remember attacking and taking over Samarra castle when it was already being controlled by a lord.   He happened to be allied with us from previous vassal allegiances, you took his castle, we went to war.

It's not about being fair, you took a hostile, aggressive action, refused to give back the castle you took, and knew full well if you didn't, it would spark a war between us.

You chose this path.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »
+2
Inb4 Smooth announced Jihad on Habba and all you Hospitaller infidels are basically fucked.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2012, 04:45:59 pm »
Nobodies spinning it as a "fair" fight.  I had people ask us to just let Chevaliers and Astralis fight hero_party.  Wars aren't meant to be fair.

You have something that belongs to one of our members, you may remember attacking and taking over Samarra castle when it was already being controlled by a lord.   He happened to be allied with us from previous vassal allegiances, you took his castle, we went to war.

It's not about being fair, you took a hostile, aggressive action, refused to give back the castle you took, and knew full well if you didn't, it would spark a war between us.

You chose this path.
Actually it was, I was sent down to attack a village in the desert, First one I was about to attack was claimed to another hosp, So I clicked to enter Ahmerrad.. when I got back from drinking with the gf I jumped on my phone and clicked on another village, hit attack and walked away figuring it would be some time early morning, The GF and I were in Niagra Falls on a small vacation so my times were.. well.. stupid, and sorry to those who are upset by it, We just got back now and the last thing I want to do is wake up early tomorrow for a battle as we still have the rest of the week off.. But that's beside the point, I can apologize for my times with a lack of thinking and general laziness but you do see these are more or less to annoy you while other plans walk in the shadows.. Go ahead and claim glorious wins if you happen to smash these small skirmishes but as long as war is called, we will never stop.

And seriously, enough with the "Were just 10 lonely guys all by our selves" crap.  :rolleyes:

(For the record, I'm back home now with an actual computer so will judge times better in the future.. But you try navigating strat on an Iphone while half in the bag and a girl beside you horny and naked.. You'de rush it too.... Pun intended!?)
Can you please, please start reading before making posts. You've done this several times now Huseby.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2012, 05:32:15 pm »
+1
Not sure where your going with that post Tydeus!? Your quoting something that has nothing to do with Huseby's post.. You were outnumbered due to lack of asking for help at a silly time (My fault 100% and yes I know it was stupid) We simply asked around as the roster was about 8 people 15 minutes before battle, Like others have posted, I'm sure if you would have asked around more would have come to your assistance. We, and everyone else know or assume you have a lot of support with other clans and thus my comment about going off like poor innocent men that have no backing or hope as you have been picked on by the "evil" Hospitaller, which is not the case as you were aggressive with us and then went into negotiations with a suborn attitude that resulted in war.. Lets not forget all the "Your blood will flow in the desert" talk as well.. I think every 4th post by our diplomats ends in offering the end of this war by simply giving back what was claimed by us and then sort something out including your compensation for the alleged "misunderstanding", The ball has always been in your court, You just choose to sit in the corner death hugging the ball with deaf ears and insults.

But seriously, If you wan't to end the war, send someone over and I'm sure we can work it out.. if not.. well... continue with what your doing and we'll do the same, We know you have some quality/great players, including your self so we have respect for fighting you lads.

And one last time, sorry for that battle time.. it obviously worked out ok for us, but meant I had to set the alarm WAY to early for a day I have off and meant I screwed others that are more engaged in this war out of the opportunity, and for that I do feel like a douche.   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:37:30 pm by Aztek »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2012, 06:20:09 pm »
+2
So far, Hospitaller-started fights -> 70% terrible times
hero_party-started fights -> 33% terrible times

Seriously, Hospitaller, you're making your enemies look good with your complete disregard for battle timing.  Please fix.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:45:42 pm by Braeden »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:09 pm »
+4
Who needs NA battle times when you have EU friends?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »
Poor hero party just when I thought our heads were going to end up in a bucket. It's amazing how I everytime I come on here I learn just how many hospitaller allies we have. Now it's half of EU sheesh we are carebears and jerks for picking on such a small group of heroic people.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »
So far, Hospitaller-started fights -> 100% terrible times
hero_party-started fights -> 100% primetime

Seriously, Hospitaller, you're making your enemies look good with your complete disregard for battle timing.  Please fix.

We've initiated 5 battles with hero_party so far.  3 in the morning (one early morning) 2 in the evening.

Unriya (first siege) was in prime time.  The battle for Mawiti was in prime time.  The battle for Habba was at a terrible time for everyone (even EU people, but referring to both sides in NA fighting this war).

Jimmy and Virus open field battles were mid-morning yesterday (bad timing, but they had to attack when they were given the chance or the enemies would be able to get to a fief to hide).

The only one that could have been avoided was Aztek's 7am CST battle this morning at Habba, but he was out of town yesterday and we're lucky that he was even able to attack the village, otherwise it would have been another couple days.

This is no different than strat 3, our enemies are constantly spinning everything into a conspiracy.  According to our enemies we're the big bad imperialists, going on a nation building exercise.  We will do anything to gain a little more territory, even if that means picking on the little guy.  We're the aggressors here, not hero_party.  We can't win a fight during peak NA hours, so we are resorting to scheduling our battles and sieges in the morning for NA.

Oh wait, all of that is actually false, and is propaganda.  What's new, it's the diplomacy section.   I don't know how many times I have to point it out, but hero_party attacked a castle that already had a lord.  We informed them that he was being backed by our faction (he was our vassal in the previous faction, and when they disbanded he remained loyal to us and vice versa) and if they continued with the siege (and/or didn't retreat or return the castle) there would be a war caused because of it.  They are the aggressors, we aren't interested in expanding into the desert, and the battle times are just the way it is.  One was at a terrible time and could have been avoided, the two open field battles yesterday morning were unavoidable...you can't control when your enemy is moving on the map.

I know these posters aren't logically impaired, so obviously they are spinning the facts as much as possible to gain support and make us look like we're the aggressors picking on the little guy, when that couldn't be farther from the truth.  But the people coming to your defense in the forums are either ignorant to the facts, or already have a grudge against us, so are more willing to believe anything negative said about us.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:42:37 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 06:41:45 pm »
Hosp didn't pay me. You guys suck. Hero party at least PAYS.

Except lordark, lordark pays cause he's a cool army commander not some shitty half backed non payer.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »
Hosp didn't pay me. You guys suck. Hero party at least PAYS.

Except lordark, lordark pays cause he's a cool army commander not some shitty half backed non payer.

You got paid 110 gold from us in Lordarks battle, you went 0:0 this morning and got 10 gold (not sure who did that).  Since you were asking for money as a merc, I would ahve given you 100 if someone didn't already give you 10 (since you woke up at a terrible time to fight in it).  Besides those two, have you signed up for any of our other battles since this strat started?  If so I can pay you there...

If someone wants to merc for us and isn't sure they will get paid, talk to me and I'll personally see to it that you are fairly compensated. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:47:19 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy