Author Topic: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops  (Read 11563 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: breaking news: hospitallers invade 10 man faction with 2000+ shiny troops
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 06:45:48 pm »
I was actually just saying you were lazy, not implying conspiracy.  I admit that I don't have the timings for Unriya or Mawiti, since I wasn't in those, but your upcoming battles aren't really good timing either.  5:50 pm is like baaarely within the okay time frame for EST, and not in it for the rest of the country.  I have updated my post to reflect more accurate percentages.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2012, 06:46:34 pm »
+1
Hosp didn't pay me. You guys suck. Hero party at least PAYS.

Except lordark, lordark pays cause he's a cool army commander not some shitty half backed non payer.

lol, sorry bud, after the fight I went back to bed for a few hours.. You payment has been sent, Next time I'll be more aware of that, again, My bad!  :mrgreen:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »
I was actually just saying you were lazy, not implying conspiracy.  I admit that I don't have the timings for Unriya or Mawiti, since I wasn't in those, but your upcoming battles aren't really good timing either.  5:50 pm is like baaarely within the okay time frame for EST, and not in it for the rest of the country.  I have updated my post to reflect more accurate percentages.

Oilcan attacked valdian at 2 something in the afternoon a couple days ago as well.  That was an open field battle, nothing you can do about it.  You take your opportunity when it arises.  Sieges are different, there's no excuse for that other than being lazy, or inactive or inept.  Aztek is given a pass (from me) on this one, but obviously we want battles in the evenings as much as hero_party does.

The 5:50pm EST battle tonight is too early for me to make as well.  But it's not even really a battle, this guy has been AFK in our territory for weeks, and we saw Jabonra rocking the hero_party (semenstorm) banner yesterday and were worried they were turning against us.  We're not declaring war on them, just booting a guy from our territory.

Afterwards Jabonra mcdeath attacked unriya (which we currently control), so I don't know what the deal is there, need to talk to dan or someone from Jabonra. 

So that 5:50pm battle isn't even in the war with hero_party...it's in our steppe to eject some random loiterer.  We have another battle tomorrow at 10:15 CST, but again...this is an open field battle, you fight them when you catch them, you don't have the luxury to plan the attack at a good hour since it's not a stationary fief.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:52:58 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »
Wait people pay you to fight with that K:D anders? I'm down for paying people but they have to earn it unless its like 2 am then I'd pay you for showing up.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »
It was at 7am (which is prob worse than 2am for fielding a roster) spaniard, so he should have gotten some money, I'd have given him more than 10 gold, but I'm not worried about upkeeping a war party like Aztek is.

And not saying I disagree with what your points of view are spanish, but I got this diplomacy thing covered :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »
We can't win a fight during peak NA hours, so we are resorting to scheduling our battles and sieges in the morning for NA.

100% true.  Thannk you for openly admitting it.  You lost all the prime time fights with really bad k/d ratio even with superior gear and significantly more mercs.  This has always been true, win by overwhelming numbers and expensive gear and still get worse than 1:1 k/d.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56:58 pm »
+1
You got paid 110 gold from us in Lordarks battle, you went 0:0 this morning and got 10 gold (not sure who did that).  Since you were asking for money as a merc, I would ahve given you 100 if someone didn't already give you 10 (since you woke up at a terrible time to fight in it).  Besides those two, have you signed up for any of our other battles since this strat started?  If so I can pay you there...

If someone wants to merc for us and isn't sure they will get paid, talk to me and I'll personally see to it that you are fairly compensated.

Well when I said that, I hadn't been paid. So guess you payed afterwards. This morning was no fun. Got no kills cause the inf had to hog them all. Also only done 2 Hosp battles on Hosp side. I go with whoever hires me first.

Wait people pay you to fight with that K:D anders? I'm down for paying people but they have to earn it unless its like 2 am then I'd pay you for showing up.
You see, as a MERC if I'm signed, I SHOW. And I do the best i can. Performance: 7 Reliabilty:10(unless changed). Not as good as a 10/10 merc, but you don't get much better than that. Inaddtion, level 32, with the ability to fight with any weapon save for bows/throwing.

Black still pays best.
You can see how your pay ranks up to the overall:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Oh speaking of which, I never ask for exorbinant pay, I always say: Pay Appropriately, thats why the base cost is low. 10g if i suck, more if I do whatever you thought was awesome of me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:01:32 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:33 pm »
100% true.  Thannk you for openly admitting it.  You lost all the prime time fights with really bad k/d ratio even with superior gear and significantly more mercs.  This has always been true, win by overwhelming numbers and expensive gear and still get worse than 1:1 k/d.

I wasn't admitting anything, I was paraphrasing what you and hero_party and their sympathizers have been spinning.

Whether we can or can't win during prime time is a moot point, that's when we want to fight the battles.  If we lose we lose, if we win we win, but we want our main player base to be able to make the battles, regardless of the outcome.  We would never resort to attacking at bad times just to try and eke out a win.  We're confident in our ability to fight and win, or we wouldn't be at war.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »
+4
I don't know how many times I have to point it out, but hero_party attacked a castle that already had a lord.  We informed them that he was being backed by our faction (he was our vassal in the previous faction, and when they disbanded he remained loyal to us and vice versa) and if they continued with the siege (and/or didn't retreat or return the castle) there would be a war caused because of it.

Honestly, Huseby, I feel like you're being willfully ignorant as some type of bad diplomatic gimmick.  I appreciate your dedication to sticking to the party line, but I don't think you're fooling anybody.

We sent someone to talk to you guys (me, to Valdien and Peppo).  They assured me that someone would get back to us that night.  No one showed up.  Less than an hour before the battle the next day, you demanded we retreat (essentially disbanding our largest force and arming your castle to the teeth) for a mere 10k gold or you'd declare war.  Of course we refused, instead asking to continue work on a deal after the battle, still considering the fief 'yours' for negotiation purposes and avoiding having to deal with a transfer at a later date.

I came back to IRC after the battle, found you'd disconnected and made this thread.  It's painfully obvious to the most casual observer that you guys really just wanted to cut your teeth on something, and we were the first opportunity presented.  We know it, you know it, everybody knows it.  Just admit to it and give up the pretense of some kind of justified war.  You're only doing more damage to your own credibility by refusing to acknowledge it.
boop

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2012, 07:27:47 pm »
Hospitaller view..   You attacked a protected entity, we asked for you to retreat and we can work on compensation for your troubles as it was pretected by our faction, You denied and war was raged as a last resort due to none compliance, We continued to this time to offer peace if you are willing to give back that entity and work things out.

Hero party view..   You went after a village in your territory that you thought was not under any banner/protection at the time, Last minute negotiations could not take place as no one got back to you and now it seems like we are going to send everything at you until we take your lands and blame you for everything.

Both sides go on and on about how everyone sees what the other side is doing trying to twist things.. But can't we all agree peace would be a decent outcome? if everyone wants to war sure, let it rage on.. But if not, can't we have some individuals sit down and work things out?

... just curious

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2012, 07:28:40 pm »
Honestly, Huseby, I feel like you're being willfully ignorant as some type of bad diplomatic gimmick.  I appreciate your dedication to sticking to the party line, but I don't think you're fooling anybody.

We sent someone to talk to you guys (me, to Valdien and Peppo).  They assured me that someone would get back to us that night.  No one showed up.  Less than an hour before the battle the next day, you demanded we retreat (essentially disbanding our largest force and arming your castle to the teeth) for a mere 10k gold or you'd declare war.  Of course we refused, instead asking to continue work on a deal after the battle, still considering the fief 'yours' for negotiation purposes and avoiding having to deal with a transfer at a later date.

I came back to IRC after the battle, found you'd disconnected and made this thread.  It's painfully obvious to the most casual observer that you guys really just wanted to cut your teeth on something, and we were the first opportunity presented.  We know it, you know it, everybody knows it.  Just admit to it and give up the pretense of some kind of justified war.  You're only doing more damage to your own credibility by refusing to acknowledge it.

I'm not being ignorant at all here.  Yes, we were to get back to you guys that night, which apparently never happened (me and Devilize are the diplomats, and neither of us was available later that evening).  That didn't happen the night before.  But you were aware at that time that if we were unable to come to an agreement, and you didn't retreat from the battle, or didn't return it immediately afterwards, then we would be at war with you.  That was your choice to continue the attack, was your choice to tell us that you would keep the castle if we didn't come to an agreement.

An hour before the battle I started talking to Shik and then about 30 minutes before talking to Tydeus.  We were unable to come to an agreement, and anything we agreed to, Tydeus made a stipulation that he'd be keeping the castle.

We weren't looking to cut our teeth on anything, I explained in the original thread what we wanted for the castle.  Unriya village and 250,000 gold.  That was our starting offer, Tydeus came back with Unriya and 30,000 gold, which is not going to fly for giving up a castle without a fight.   

At any point in time you could give us back the castle and we'll call off the war.  I said that from the very first war declaration.  The ball is entirely in your court.  Give us back the castle, and then we can try to negotiate for it.  If we can't come to terms after we have the original castle that was in control of our vassal, then we'd trade it over to you.  If not, then we'd keep it.  But at least we wouldn't be at war over it. Until we get control of it, or come to a negotiation that both parties accept, we will be at war.

This isn't our hostilities that caused it...and that is the only thing that should be painfully obvious.  You feel like you're being oppressed, which is understandable when the 400 lb giant is sitting your chest, but you're the one who took our little brothers bike and have refused to give it back.  Give it back, and we get off your chest.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
Hosp didn't pay me. You guys suck. Hero party at least PAYS.

Except lordark, lordark pays cause he's a cool army commander not some shitty half backed non payer.

People actually care about being paid miniscule amounts of money for strat battles? Don't know what your complaining about i fought for Hero_Party in the chevalier siege on their castle and I had the best score (not KD) of any player in the entire game, didn't get paid anything not that i care.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »
But can't we all agree peace would be a decent outcome? if everyone wants to war sure, let it rage on.. But if not, can't we have some individuals sit down and work things out?

In real life, of course we want peaceful conflict resolution as often as possible. In Strategus, though, war is the best possible status at all times in all places. Without war, there is no game for the vast majority of the Strategus-playing community (especially, obviously, those who only play as mercenaries). Please, on behalf of everyone who doesn't have any vested interest in your assets, do not stop fighting! The forum warrior stuff gets a little old after the same paragraph is repeated over and over in a thread, but the drama overall is also entertaining.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2012, 09:56:43 pm »
+1
People actually care about being paid miniscule amounts of money for strat battles? Don't know what your complaining about i fought for Hero_Party in the chevalier siege on their castle and I had the best score (not KD) of any player in the entire game, didn't get paid anything not that i care.

sorry dude, let me just wait for those semenstorm trade caravans to get back here so i can send prompt payment.. oh wait nm 6 am ambushes with templar/fallen rosters on weekdays lol sry i'm good for it once we win the war but we always appreciate the help. 

but mostly anders please stop posting in here about merc payments.  make your own thread where you can drone on like the world's worst larry david sketch about how much or how little people pay you in internet horse gold for internet horse battles, or i will report you for out of character off topic posting in diplomacy until you are muted.  consider my strat payment to you is this act of mercy, this warning.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »
EDITED cause I bad merc.

My character is a merc. if you can't stand paying a merc because he wants to BE a merc then stop playing and take a chill pill.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:38:52 pm by Lt_Anders »