Poll

Which european nation has the greatest history and was the most powerful?

Great Britain
France
Italy
Spain
Greece
Germany
Denmark
Ireland
Portugal
Austria
Russia
Other...
Christmas Island :)

Author Topic: Who is really the greatest european nation?  (Read 50606 times)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Re: Who is really the greatest european nation?
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2013, 01:12:56 pm »
Not sure how any of it was influenced by "primitive" outside influences (i.e pretty much identical pantheistic religions). The usage of the word primitive is particularly faulty considering egyptian religion had been around for thousands of years earlier than the greek.

http://atlantis-today.com/Atlantis_Atlantis_Code.htm

http://www.matrixbookstore.biz/pyramids.htm

waste 5 mins of your time and read.

And then rethink who was influenced by who.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2013, 01:15:13 pm »
Where do you think the Imperial roman cult came from? All roman emperors deified themselves. As for Alexander's Amun-Ra cult, it was merely an extension of the whole "son of a god and a mortal woman" mythos, specifically Zeus in this instance, which was repeated over and over in greek culture. Many powerful political figures and myths (especially Hercules) had that as an origin. Alexander had already begun his own deification before he ever stepped outside of the greek mainland.
Not sure how any of it was influenced by "primitive" outside influences (i.e pretty much identical pantheistic religions). The usage of the word primitive is particularly faulty considering egyptian religion had been around for thousands of years earlier than the greek.

hmm i'd like to know how the deifying itself makes roman greatness such only because of greeks and alexander. also you really think that those emperors still believed in such things as zeus or hades or whatever? most of those emperors were generals that took power through their army. when they did all the good (and bad) things they did they couldn't care less about religion or deifying themselves or whatever; this is a thing that had developed later, during their lead, but even if it hadn't been there, it wouldn't have changed that much.
i'm sorry i didn't really understand the primitive things; i said that greeks were innovative =/= primitive, while middle eastern and eastern relgions weren't (they were primitive)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 01:18:14 pm »
Btw, guys, why is USA not on the list?..

because USA`S history is McDonalds and KFC.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »
The Greeks were the ones who influenced Roman culture the most. The patricians ( the Roman aristocrats ) HAD TO be able to speak Greek. The Greek element is ubiquitous in Roman culture. However, the Romans weren't as fascinating as the Greeks; they didn't make any important discovery.

There is a popular belief that the Celts were more influential in Roman culture than the Greeks, however this is totally wrong; the Romans adopted the same important deities that the Greeks worshiped, even the Roman temples looked strikingly similar to the Greek ones. The Greek language was as important as literary Latin. The Greek way of life became the Roman way of life in the sense that the Romans would go three times a day to wash themselves in public bath houses, lived in towns, had an advanced infrastructure and also the old Latin alphabet was based on the GREEK alphabet

They were never influenced by none because they had everything a nation needs.

Own language, own religion and own customs.

k thx bb.

and please set aside my "nationalism" it ain`t my fault that my country has the greatest history and culture that this world has ever seen.  :wink:

lol about that nationalism it was a joke i said because you told me to reducate my self P: anyway i agree with you that CULTURE (not laws not military not politics) was thousand times more developed in greece than in any other place, but that's it. greece didn't expand anywhere, the greatest thing they did (which could have changed history) was blocking persians' advance. but apart from that, i believe romans overall did more important things, maybe not that much (maybe yes) but that's what i think; and that's true, considering romans as italy is wrong. because many good personalities that were romans weren't actually italian; seneca as maybe the greatest roman philosopher was spanish; trajan, probably one of the greatest political figures of history was spanish and so on.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2013, 01:37:40 pm »
Greeks didn't expand anywhere? Whaaaaaat?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_period

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »
Greeks didn't expand anywhere? Whaaaaaat?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_period

ups yes sorry that was bad :/ little lapsus lol. arguing with you guys takes too much time and energy :(

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »
Btw, guys, why is USA not on the list?..

Are u serious? America is not a nation. Nations have their own languages.
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2013, 02:16:42 pm »
lol
Turkey is a bird, gg.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »
+1
lol
Turkey is a bird, gg.
I dont know why u took Turkey with ur answer. You better take Jews as EU nation.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2013, 03:21:56 pm »
+2

That is wrong imo, a language can play a big role in "building a nation", but it's not fundamental to create a nation's  idenity.
In Austria,Germany and Switzerland(well, most of the Swiss) people speak the same language: German (Deutsch whatever), but still, they are different nations... the same could be said about Ireland,Wales,Scotland : i really doubt that a big part of the population of those countries  can write and speak fluently in Gaelic; the main language over there  it's Englis, but that doesn't mean they are English .

Offline Abay

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »

That is wrong imo, a language can play a big role in "building a nation", but it's not fundamental to create a nation's  idenity.
In Austria,Germany and Switzerland(well, most of the Swiss) people speak the same language: German (Deutsch whatever), but still, they are different nations... the same could be said about Ireland,Wales,Scotland : i really doubt that a big part of the population of those countries  can write and speak fluently in Gaelic; the main language over there  it's Englis, but that doesn't mean they are English .

I respect your comment but it is only a comment. Also there are facts. If you can research about language sciences and histories, you will see that the language is the skeleton of a nation.  :wink:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:21 pm »
I respect your comment but it is only a comment. Also there are facts. If you can research about language sciences and histories, you will see that the language is the skeleton of a nation.  :wink:
Saying you're not a nation without your own private language is beyond idiotic.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:03 pm »
Wasn't adorf hiler claiming austria and germans are all german people?

tried to type chocolate chip cookie dictator and this happened  :lol: :
albert einstein

Edit: loool
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Ok I completely worded that wrong. Personally I thought somebody would jump on me for accidentally calling Darius Alexander's Protagonist...but not so.

I know that the Greeks influenced what would become most of the rest of the world...All I wanted to state was that Julius Caesar never followed Alexanders example. It is known that he did weep before the statue of Alexander in Spain, confirming his respect for the man. Even so, that doesn't mean he took Alexander as an example.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2013, 04:46:20 am »
+4
He wept because he was homosexual and Alexander was his great inspiration for daring toga outfits.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?