Author Topic: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 11:54:42 am »
+1
Or Left 4 Dead 2. Todays messages (auto ban/ people from "insert any country" are not welcome here), kick polls all the time, griefers, kids, kids, kids. Its just like crpg.

Anyway just look for me when im online on server I can teach you how to block and defend yourself from those evil trolls.

this.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:14 pm »
+2
This is by and large one of the worst communities ive played on in a  while. That's not to say that there aren't a good amount of awesome people out there both on the EU and NA side of the map,but people for the most part are pretty abrasive in this mod. The diplomacy and unban sections are pretty much at an IJJI level when it comes to maturity. Honestly though, just mute chat in game for a while. It's what I did until I picked things up. Also, duels duels duels! This is the best way to practice and work on your game as a whole. Also,

Nditions
62.104.20.250:10027

This!

This TS holds a collection of multiple clans from both Eu and NA. I'm sure most of us would be more than happy to have you come in and hang out man.

Best of luck to you out there.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49:26 pm »
RabidKoala, I suggest you join a clan.
That will give you a few friends who will support you.

try to play dota to get the feeling how an unfriendly community really looks like :)

True. I played a lot of dota 3.7 for reign of chaos.
If you didn't know ALL abbreviations, items and prices you were considered a noob... :rolleyes:
That was sick. Especially since I knew 95% of it and was called a noob cause I didn't know the rest...

I guess that is what happens within a very small community.
The majority knows a lot. So anyone not knowing simple things is treated like an idiot.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »
Hey , if you need some financiel help tell me what your cRPG name is and il donate you 10k . Also majority of community is just cunts and trolls , I troll the cunts and trolls but I leave the new players alive . You just hangon and see what this wonderfull mod has to offer!

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 11:47:39 pm »
You look like a cunt because you have cunt avatar and a cunt face.

Just sayin'
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 03:36:36 pm »
+2
crpg is full of idiots. Some are nice idiots though. I'm a harmless idiot, I dont block teammates on purpose or ta/tk on purpose but I talk lots of bullcrap in chat.
Anyway, cprg is full of all sorts of idiots.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 03:40:21 pm »
+4
I don't want to come off as some guy whose whining because he sucks at the game, because I accept I do. But I was booted off a lot of the servers when I asked some people for pointers on combat and the such. I didn't spam chat or anything of the sort, most people just told me to "Stfu noob!" and I was voted to be kicked off.  :cry: Then on another server, some guy was on my team and blocking all of my attacks during the "Defend the Virgin" gamemode. I asked politely for him to stop but he just said no. I got a little annoyed but I just ignored him, then one of his blocks missed and I damaged him, and then he quickly vote kicked from the server.  :|

Is there a gamemode or server for this mod for the lower skilled players such as me to play and not get trolled by the "veteran" players? I really do like this mod and it does improve the multiplayer experience a lot, but I feel as if the community wants to keep the noobs out. No offence to the part of the community that ARE actually nice and friendly.
Wait, what?
Why would you be hitting another guy in DTV?

Also, i have NEVER seen anyone get even polled for asking for pointers, much less the poll actually succeed...

Am i the only one who finds this fishy?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »
+2
Am i the only one who finds this fishy?

This sounds really fishy to me as well. Yeah EU has a lot of polls but rarely any succeed in someone getting kicked of the server, unless he was being a major ass. I find that you asking for pointers being a reason for a successful poll against you unbelievable.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:36 pm »
+2
Then on another server, some guy was on my team and blocking all of my attacks during the "Defend the Virgin" gamemode. I asked politely for him to stop but he just said no. I got a little annoyed but I just ignored him, then one of his blocks missed and I damaged him, and then he quickly vote kicked from the server.  :|
The simple fact that someone is able to block your attacks on DtV implies that you are breaking rules. DtV is a wave game mode where you cooperate with your human teammates to defeat AI waves of attackers. If he has to block your attacks, it implies that you are intentionally teamattacking him which is a bannable offense. A votekick is more than justified in this case. Perhaps this guy was griefing you by standing in your way blocking while you were attacking the AI, but it just seems unplausible. 

Anyhow, cRPG is a complex mod and there is always lazy people asking loads of obvious questions that a little research could answer in no time. Which might annoy some people, but I sincerely doubt they would manage to get a votekick through for just that.

You might want to reevaluate your own behaviour cause polls dont pass easily. I'd also recommend any new players to read the following topics anyway, to get your cRPG career started smoothly.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner's-help-and-guides/tears-of-destiny's-general-guide-for-new-players/ I can especially recommend section 1 in this case
http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 04:03:04 pm »
+6
Few simple rules i follow as good as i can - only been vote-kicked 1 or 2 times in 3 years:

- Always say sorry even for a slightest offence ( like a tiny horse bump ), even if it means you need to stop in the middle of a battle and die while typing.

- If you are the last man standing, and you are aware of that - die asap, whistle like crazy if you are far away or lost.

- Never curse ( this one is hard/impossible, i sometimes boil with rage, and wish i could punch some players through the screen - at that point i just take a break from cRPG for an hour or two )

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 06:18:20 pm »
sorry, EU community is really awful in this game and very quick to abuse polls, troll, teamkill you, and all these other things.  one of the main reasons new players don't stick with the game.

if you're stuck in EU and don't like having to play with the most insufferable people in any game ever, I suggest quitting cRPG now and playing a game without self-entitled, autistic, horrible people.
true dat, NA is way more friendly.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 06:19:33 pm »
Few simple rules i follow as good as i can - only been vote-kicked 1 or 2 times in 3 years:

- Always say sorry even for a slightest offence ( like a tiny horse bump ), even if it means you need to stop in the middle of a battle and die while typing.

- If you are the last man standing, and you are aware of that - die asap, whistle like crazy if you are far away or lost.

Good tips, they will also report you for the slightest things
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 07:30:05 pm »
Wait, what?
Why would you be hitting another guy in DTV?

I've seen people intentionally get in front of teammates and block; it's funny at first when they screw up their block and get hit, except they always press M. DTV is full of trolls.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 08:16:34 pm »
sorry, EU community is really awful in this game and very quick to abuse polls, troll, teamkill you, and all these other things.  one of the main reasons new players don't stick with the game.

if you're stuck in EU and don't like having to play with the most insufferable people in any game ever, I suggest quitting cRPG now and playing a game without self-entitled, autistic, horrible people.

What a fucking ignorant comment. You don't play on EU so your opinion is invalid. In addition, you are giving this new player a horrendously inaccurate view of the EU side, and what makes it worst is that he will look at your "Admin" title and believe every word you say.

To OP:  Solo play does feel quite intimidating especially for new players, I would advise going into a clans teamspeak (find the address in the Faction Hall section) and talk to them about joining/getting some help with the game. Most clans have regular training sessions and you'll get a lot of good tips from other players. :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:36:39 pm by tizzango »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 08:32:40 pm »
+2
What a fucking ignorant comment. You don't play on EU so your opinion is ridiculously invalid. In addition, you are giving this new player a horrendously inaccurate view of the EU side, and what makes it worst is that he will look at your "Admin" title and believe every word you say.

To OP:  Solo play does feel quite intimidating especially for new players, I would advise going into a clans teamspeak (find the address in the Faction Hall section) and talk to them about joining/getting some help with the game. Most clans have regular training sessions and you'll get a lot of good tips from other players. :D
Or he can go fuck himself... whatever I don't care.