Author Topic: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?  (Read 4215 times)

Offline RabidKoala

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unfriendly community or is it just normal?
« on: October 07, 2012, 03:27:45 am »
+4
I don't want to come off as some guy whose whining because he sucks at the game, because I accept I do. But I was booted off a lot of the servers when I asked some people for pointers on combat and the such. I didn't spam chat or anything of the sort, most people just told me to "Stfu noob!" and I was voted to be kicked off.  :cry: Then on another server, some guy was on my team and blocking all of my attacks during the "Defend the Virgin" gamemode. I asked politely for him to stop but he just said no. I got a little annoyed but I just ignored him, then one of his blocks missed and I damaged him, and then he quickly vote kicked from the server.  :|

Is there a gamemode or server for this mod for the lower skilled players such as me to play and not get trolled by the "veteran" players? I really do like this mod and it does improve the multiplayer experience a lot, but I feel as if the community wants to keep the noobs out. No offence to the part of the community that ARE actually nice and friendly.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 03:38:06 am »
Eu or Na?
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 03:57:11 am »
I'm sorry for your unsavoury encounters with the riff-raff part of cRPG. I assure you not everyone is like that.

And if you want to improve my advice to you is this: Duel server, duel server, duel server. Nothing can go wrong with repeated practice. :)

Hope you enjoy your stay!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:27:34 am »
+11
You are not incorrect. I would say a majority of the players (who chat at least) are cunts. You're experience as a beginner is not unique, you either global mute the motherfuckers (ctrl+shift+m), or individually mute particular offenders through the esc menu, depending on your level of misanthropy. Or just bear down and grind it through until you're not a noob anymore one day. You can get lucky every once in a while and someone will actually be helpful. If so, take a moment to savor the experience, it's the crpg equivalent of a unicorn. If unicorns were real and rare, not completely imaginary.

There is an EU server for lower level characters only, I forget what the limit is but somewhere between 15-20 max I think. But that doesn't mean the players are of low skill level, so if your'e EU it may be worth checking out but you should be fine in the regular servers with more people, may have a better chance of catching a multi wave and leveling up quicker.

You either come into crpg with a thick skin or develop it eventually. Or silence the mongrels that doth offend and pretend it never happens. Then everyone is just a cute little avatar running around banging into each other, no matter how much of an asshole is controlling them behind the screens. Or hell, do yourself a favor and just quit this fucking game. There will come a point where it's too late, point of no return, etc. You don't want that....... nobody wanted that........................ can't...................... get.................................... out......................................
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:33:42 am »
Ctrl-shift-m to mute the chat
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:38:26 am »
sorry, EU community is really awful in this game and very quick to abuse polls, troll, teamkill you, and all these other things.  one of the main reasons new players don't stick with the game.

if you're stuck in EU and don't like having to play with the most insufferable people in any game ever, I suggest quitting cRPG now and playing a game without self-entitled, autistic, horrible people.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline RabidKoala

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:40:53 am »
Ah okay, I think mute control will help quite a bit haha. And I'll take that advice in mind and try out duel servers as well as learning how to ignore rude people in game. I'm NA btw but I often hop on EU or NA servers if I see that my ping is below 100ish. Thanks guys :)

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 04:49:57 am »
Ah okay, I think mute control will help quite a bit haha. And I'll take that advice in mind and try out duel servers as well as learning how to ignore rude people in game. I'm NA btw but I often hop on EU or NA servers if I see that my ping is below 100ish. Thanks guys :)

Try creating a skip-the-fun (start off as a level 30 who doesn't progress through the levels) and find a build/playstyle that you like.  You can continually respec the "STF" until you find something desirable.  Do note that you have limited gold though.  Using the STF in the duel server will allow you to at least have somewhat equivalent stats to the rest of the players.  Playing underleveled is a bit of a nuisance and pretty depressing when you first start out.  However the game slowly becomes rewarding when you become more powerful. If you are planning to play melee, I would suggest getting down manual blocking.

Also, you can always try heading into Teamspeak and ask around clan players if they would like to help/teach (granted you'll come across jerks as well, but there are also plenty who will help out).
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 04:59:30 am »
I don't want to come off as some guy whose whining because he sucks at the game, because I accept I do. But I was booted off a lot of the servers when I asked some people for pointers on combat and the such. I didn't spam chat or anything of the sort, most people just told me to "Stfu noob!" and I was voted to be kicked off.  :cry: Then on another server, some guy was on my team and blocking all of my attacks during the "Defend the Virgin" gamemode. I asked politely for him to stop but he just said no. I got a little annoyed but I just ignored him, then one of his blocks missed and I damaged him, and then he quickly vote kicked from the server.  :|

Is there a gamemode or server for this mod for the lower skilled players such as me to play and not get trolled by the "veteran" players? I really do like this mod and it does improve the multiplayer experience a lot, but I feel as if the community wants to keep the noobs out. No offence to the part of the community that ARE actually nice and friendly.
Whats your nick ingame?
I often play on DTV eu server. I can say that in general on this server community is friendly especially for new. If you behave well and dont spoil gameplay(with luring bots to virgin, THs on purpose and other shit). When you ask some questions about game, cRPG mod and atrategus ppl usually answer you. I say all this shit cause i am still newbie too (playing couple months). And i found out DTV mode community is very friendly for me. Ppl share their loomed weapons with me, to help me kill bots, gave me thousand advices how to effectibely kill bots and use advantages of maps. So after all that shit now i able to be in first lines in scoreboard each round cause ppl teach me how to play!
 Ofcourse there always are some bitches who are raging, trolling, polling, teamhitting on purpose, reporting accidental th, and doing other shit, but those are marginals noone like them. But u always has few options to deal with them. Make ban request thread on forum, say about shit one of admins on DTV (Bjarky is good one!), or just mute abusers. I can say one thing - those who offend on newbies and trying humilate them are total noobs themselves! Those who are skilled players will never do this shit with new player!
So just dont let noobs abuse and humilate u, they are not better than you even if they know about game more!
Just make them shut up, dont be a pussy!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:37:16 am by Firebrand »

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 05:20:06 am »
Dont listen guys who advise u to play battle, siege or duel servers. As u new and probably low lvl unskilled player, u will feel only frustrations when they will one hit you with their Masterwork weapon. U can do NOTHING against 33 lvl skilled players. U will die hundreds and hundreds times and will feel like fresh meat for them. You have no money for good armor and weapon, and you have no money to upkeep it. It will be torture, believe me, cause i felt the same when i came here. :)

And then i said wtf: i dont wanna be fresh-meat for those monsters untill i will get money to buy good equipment, and loom some stuff.
I started play DTV, asked ppl about mod, builds, weapon and other cRPG shit. I earned money, retired few times, bought three loomed +3 items, and after that i feel comfortable on battle, siege servers, when my character reaches 25-30 lvl. I just skipped negative experience and frustrations being helpless meat! :)
  Sorry for my shitty English!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:28:29 am by Firebrand »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 06:47:57 am »
NA pretty bad too... through if you want to see the friendlier side of the community I recommend hoping on Teamspeak

Nditions
62.104.20.250:10027

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 08:21:19 am »
Nah NA is great compared to EU, honestly.  When you said you got polls against you I assumed EU, because they LOVE to abuse those things.

Duel server is filled with people who will actually give tips when you are new and want to get better.  DTV server has lots of newer players who talk about what is good for a noob.  Siege is pretty much hands off, no one expects much out of you, have fun doing constant melee in groups and get better.  Battle is for the tryhard spergs, probably the least fun to play until you get better.  If rageball still exists, that is a unique and silly game mode where people are usually friendly too.

Visiting some clans in Teamspeak is a pretty good idea if you like that sort of thing.  Its much easier to be a dick in chat anonymously and much easier to be nice and helpful when you hear a person and talk to them in voice chat, and clans usually suck up to people and help out so you join them and help them in Strategus.  Go sell yourself on the cRPG clan market like a whore today!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:49 am »
+3
you seem to be a very troubled man,  smooth...

anyway:  Rabid,  I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences,  I have personally met a lot of swell people here,  actually most are.  The ones that are not,  stand out so much in their retardation that it rly can get to you.  Just remember those are probably little misguided dumb children that dont get their life straight and take their frustration to the servers to troll people.  Might as well pity them.

The duel server is a great Idea,  you might even find some guys there that will train you. On battle servers,  try to run with a few guys that seem to stick together,  keep a sharp eye and if you are low-level,  try doing a lot of blocking or get a pike and do some support for the guys you hang with.

TS is also great,  ups the gaming experience a lot,  as teaming up makes it so much better.

If the game is appealing to you in any way,  stick with it,  ignore idiots....  you wont regret it.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 11:18:27 am »
+7
try to play dota to get the feeling how an unfriendly community really looks like :)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 11:50:42 am »
+2
try to play dota to get the feeling how an unfriendly community really looks like :)

Or Left 4 Dead 2. Todays messages (auto ban/ people from "insert any country" are not welcome here), kick polls all the time, griefers, kids, kids, kids. Its just like crpg.

Anyway just look for me when im online on server I can teach you how to block and defend yourself from those evil trolls.