Author Topic: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Unfriendly community or is it just normal?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 08:35:31 pm »
The forums are pretty full of trolls and random assholes who have no sympathy for new players.

That being said, in game and in the forums you will find helpful people, and I think more people are not assholes than are.  It's just that the assholes are so vocal.

Jump in a teamspeak, most factions are relatively friendly to new people, and you will always be able to find someone to help you out.

Keep a thick skin and ignore the trolls and assholes.  If you're really having troubles finding people to help you, you could always add me on steam friends - jjhuseby ... message me on the forums, or jump into our clans teamspeak - IL2.LeetTS.com:10040

We have a few assholes too, but most people will be willing to help a new guy out.

On that note...I really can't think of any decent sized NA faction that would troll or tell a new player to fuck off if they joined their teamspeak (as a whole, I'm sure there's a couple assholes in every faction).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:39:30 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:49 am »
Irrono man. I play this mod 2 years and I never really had a serious problem. I have made 2 ban requests in total and have been intentionally teamwounded maybe 5 times. Then again, I am in NA...

As for people trash talking...well, I suggest turning off the chat. The most useful thing you can get from it is a pointer to this forum. There is a reason I do exactly that. It ain't a "herpderp, I am too mighty and high to give dem n00bz help". Simply enough, chat feints after 20 secs. It is really hard to type anything useful there.

Then again, you could always chill back and enjoy the troll-ey atmosphere. That is what I do.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 08:01:32 am »
+1
This place is cesspit or retardation and unequalled stupidity, mod's fun tho.

Run while you can.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 11:18:07 am »

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 12:39:04 pm »
+2
This is not a battle of eu and na. A new player is pissed bcus some idiots bullied him.

And i can asure that you were just unlucky. If one player wants to kick you out the game it just means that this particular player is an idiot. Most other players just press any number when the pollscreen pops up and continue playing. So dont leave c-rpg. Its a nice game with a great community. And as in every great community there are some ppl just being stupid. I guess thats something we have to live with.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:42:17 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »
+1
I rattle off nonsense, insults, and other useless stuff in allchat while I play. But if someone asks "how does this skill effect your attacks?" or "what items should I buy, I want to be a infantry/archer/whatever?" I give honest answers.

Haven't seen anyone get kicked from a server for anything other than intentional teamhitting or suiciding naked into the enemy team. On some of the smaller servers, people might votekick you when there's no admins on. If you play on EU_1, EU_2, NA_1, or NA_2 you won't get kicked unless you are breaking the rules.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 04:53:42 pm »
+1
I used to tell new players that in order to get a higher multiplier you had to buy cRPG soap and that if you didn't use cRPG soap to wash yourself at least one per level your char would die... good times...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 05:37:26 pm »
+1
My name is Tagora, and my son, RabidKoala, is a ten-year old boy who has Autism. RabidKoala has always been a sweet and non-violent child.  That is why it was so distressing when notes started coming home from chadz, creator of the cRPG mod for Mount and Blade: Warband, stating that he was having violent outbursts, including him hitting his teammates and delaying.

Something was terribly wrong. I felt I was beginning to lose my son – that these outbursts were changing his very nature. I knew my son. I knew this wasn’t him.  I knew I had to find out what was happening in cRPG that was having a dramatic impact on him.

On the morning of Friday, February 17, 2012, I wired my son so I could listen to him play cRPG. That night, when I listened to the audio my life changed forever. I heard my son being bullied by the entire cRPG community including chadz and all of the server admins.

The six and a half hours of audio I had proved that my son wasn’t tking and delaying because there was something wrong with him - he was lashing out because he was being mocked, mistreated and humiliated. His outbursts were his way of expressing that he was being emotionally hurt in cRPG.
(click to show/hide)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »
My name is Tagora, and my son, RabidKoala, is a ten-year old boy who has Autism. RabidKoala has always been a sweet and non-violent child.  That is why it was so distressing when notes started coming home from chadz, creator of the cRPG mod for Mount and Blade: Warband, stating that he was having violent outbursts, including him hitting his teammates and delaying.

Something was terribly wrong. I felt I was beginning to lose my son – that these outbursts were changing his very nature. I knew my son. I knew this wasn’t him.  I knew I had to find out what was happening in cRPG that was having a dramatic impact on him.

On the morning of Friday, February 17, 2012, I wired my son so I could listen to him play cRPG. That night, when I listened to the audio my life changed forever. I heard my son being bullied by the entire cRPG community including chadz and all of the server admins.

The six and a half hours of audio I had proved that my son wasn’t tking and delaying because there was something wrong with him - he was lashing out because he was being mocked, mistreated and humiliated. His outbursts were his way of expressing that he was being emotionally hurt in cRPG.
(click to show/hide)

Uuhm what?!
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline hbkmog

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 09:51:12 pm »
I'm very new to cRPG. From what I see, it's just like any other online multiplayer game, there are always douchebags and assholes but you do get some nice people sometimes.

Offline Loukkaavaanimi

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »
It's internet. All dem boys who got robbed for 'em lunch money and shit in the past are bullying people here... In real life they can't fuck with the real niggas so instead they do it in the internets. It's normal these days.

You know it's normal, if you ain't enough of a man to protect yourself / fuck other people up... You gonna get fucked up. There ain't no middle class in life.