Author Topic: KITTIYA ... ... ... Big battle upcomming.  (Read 14312 times)

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
Re: KITTIYA ... ... ... Big battle upcomming.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 09:33:36 am »
+3
Trading => Exploiting

SmoothRich allready pointed that out. We trade arabian oil for hard money and bribe enemies => Exploiting

Buying bread in local shop => exploiting (cos mayby somebody will come after me and will not get one)

There is no way to disagree with Sasmas (can i call you like that ?).

But anyway they just went to war and what is wrong with it ? They could attack everybody's wifes that how game works. Even if she would not exploit/trade.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 09:38:47 am »
+6
I like Kittya.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 09:42:38 am »
+1
Dear Ginger Pussy,

Can I call you just Pussy? Thanks, its so sweet... so:

Dear Pussy,

Why don’t you explain first what the hell have you Kittiya been doing in Nords' land, unarmed and with 300 crates of goodies? Was she looking for an easy opportunity to get her ass banged by uncivilized nordmen? Or maybe she was on a mission to ruin Nords economy by buying and selling goods in the next fief without major gain, just to use up the points in Nords' fiefs? That sounds to me like, well, well, an exploit, especially that there is no easy way to prevent it.

Listen up! Mercs are exploiting!

That really sucks, don’t you think, dear Pussy? That sucks even more than allowing for clan switching to have an excuse to break the word given earlier or starting battles in the middle of the night. Or raising flamewars on forum just to justify your own plots and misbehaviour.  Shame on you, dear Pussy, shame on you!

And thank Nocti for bringing this:

We all know how it really is, don’t we?  And let me remind you that it is a banable offence,  just for the records. So tell me how is it really – is it a Pussy’s Kittiya or Kittiya’s Pussy who is trying to run this mischievous plan huh?

[EDIT: my apologies, this part crossed the line]. Fight well, Nords and good luck!

Its rather simple. In real life, if you are at war, you burn down their crops, steal their cattle and leave nothing behind if you leave. Kittiya is buying in your fiefs, selling in your fiefs. You even gets taxes for it... There is a reason the S&D is limited, its because its important, and you should protect it. You said nothing could be done about it? If you don't want foreigners to trade in your lands to protect your S&D, you make sure you have an army ready at the border to stop them.

No need to start a flamewar for every time someone uses actual strategy/ tactics in the game, or for every time you lose or get outsmarted.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:43 pm »
+3
Hi guys. I'm here to tell you that you are right and Erasmas is wrong  :)

Wasting S&D points in opponents villages is necessary and appropriate. S&D terrorism is primary and natural technique in Strategus 4. It's not exploiting, it's a completely honest approach to the game. I'm glad that you think like me  :wink:

It's a pity that the result will be that both sides will have less money to buy equipment and therefore will be less cool battles, but it doesn't matter, because it's not about fun battles just about winning the game. It's not ruining Strategus and is fine  :P

There will come a time that you will be on your knees to beg us for mercy, but you will not find it here. This is your last chance to talk about the Geneva Convention  :twisted:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 01:13:37 pm »
+4
Same in DRZ
but I do not see 100500 posts from drz members cursing the opponents  :P (post to SB on our ru forum  do not count  :mrgreen:)

That's only because they can't speak English. They're active in russian forums instead. Vovka, come back here when you, Nebun and others will be able to rule faction without multiaccounts, the whole Russian community knows all Druzhinas alt cd-keys because your members can't hold their tongue in mouth. Inb4 Nebun says they're all his real life brothers :D

Anyway, I just hope that this pussy will be properly fucked tomorrow.

Yesterday when I was talking to Andswaru in IRC I said that Hetman and Erasmas are pretty much nice guys, but now I take my words back. I didn't think you're that retard speaking such shit about Ginger's wife. I take it as a personal insult of me and I'll kill you with a special satisfaction.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »
Yesterday when I was talking to Andswaru in IRC I said that Hetman and Erasmas are pretty much nice guys, but now I take my words back. I didn't think you're that retard speaking such shit about Ginger's wife. I take it as a personal insult of me and I'll kill you with a special satisfaction.

You're right, in Grey Order only I'm pretty much nice guy  :lol:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »
+2

No offense Cosmonaut Andropov but you're starting to sound exactly the same as a certain Turk i used to know back in my time.......  :wink:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 01:36:05 pm »
S&D what is this O.o have i slipped into Call of Duty  :shock:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 02:28:52 pm »
+5
To be honest I don't see this as anything fun or positive. It's like in past Strats giving 1 of every item to enemy armies or fiefs just so they wouldn't be able to use their own equip as it got lost past dozens of others of the same type. You could legitimately have called that "clever" and "disrupting" enemy through trade mechanics, but really it was just ubber gay.

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 03:16:04 pm »
Hi guys. I'm here to tell you that you are right and Erasmas is wrong  :)

Wasting S&D points in opponents villages is necessary and appropriate. S&D terrorism is primary and natural technique in Strategus 4. It's not exploiting, it's a completely honest approach to the game. I'm glad that you think like me  :wink:

It's a pity that the result will be that both sides will have less money to buy equipment and therefore will be less cool battles, but it doesn't matter, because it's not about fun battles just about winning the game. It's not ruining Strategus and is fine  :P

There will come a time that you will be on your knees to beg us for mercy, but you will not find it here. This is your last chance to talk about the Geneva Convention  :twisted:

The fact that nords failed to stop kittiya from buying goods doesnt mean everyone will. This system encourages more big open field battles because you actually are motivated to guard your borders.

Also, in what way is plated gear vs plated gear more fun then med/heavy gear vs med/heavy gear?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »
+1

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 04:29:09 pm »

Another one  :twisted:

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »
+2
To be honest I don't see this as anything fun or positive. It's like in past Strats giving 1 of every item to enemy armies or fiefs just so they wouldn't be able to use their own equip as it got lost past dozens of others of the same type. You could legitimately have called that "clever" and "disrupting" enemy through trade mechanics, but really it was just ubber gay.

Yep... But too be fair, although unless it happens again after Kittaya leaves/is destroyed Nords wont be doing it, at least the mercs did it a decent way and sent 700 men.. this is abusable without end to be honest.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »
+1
Yep... But too be fair, although unless it happens again after Kittaya leaves/is destroyed Nords wont be doing it, at least the mercs did it a decent way and sent 700 men.. this is abusable without end to be honest.
Yes Mercs are always honest, but truth hurts sometimes and we are sometimes misunderstood.

We took a 700 men army bought goods and tried to go to other city to sell it for 24 gold. We got attacked by Nords.
And then Victory. i went into Haen, but it had suddenly drooped all most 700 SD without traders there. Hmmmmm weird
i sold some stuff to and used up there SD in that fief. Then i suddenly update thir, and it went from 1300 to 700 then to 500 then to 300 and then 0 at the end.

So Nords really eight er buy up all the goods for 20 gold each or they buy sell in same fief getting a -10 gold a pice.
Eight er way i think that form of warfare is a bit dirty.  We at least was honest and didn't send 100 men false army and sell buy in same fief.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

I believe you two have a very different point of view about it but one of the main reason behind it is : keeping people mindful about their borders, so no longer leaving to character to auto grind. Second reason is implementing more economy than mindless gangbang. It obviously need improvements indeed.