Author Topic: The Annexation of Ismirala  (Read 16368 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: The Annexation of Ismirala
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »
I have been selling neutral perspectives to people who wish to use them.
Just another one of the services offered by the Medici, sworn enemies of the Legione Italica and all who befriend it.  May their heads find no rest, their bread be baked in blood, their sisters insist on just endless shopping for products of little interest, their salaries increase by an amount not substantial enough to deal with the rise of inflation and their paper delivery not occur on time.  When they order food from restaurants, let it be slightly overcooked!  Let their birthday gifts be generic versions of the things they wanted!  May their teeth be off-white!  May all their bathrooms have only air driers, and the older kind that is really underpowered and doesn't get the job done, not the new ones that actually work.  May they forever be denied the taste of Chicago Pizza and Guarana Antarctica and that good cake frosting! Err umm yes totally neutral.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2012, 05:35:14 pm »
I have been selling neutral perspectives to people who wish to use them.
Just another one of the services offered by the Medici, sworn enemies of the Legione Italica and all who befriend it.  May their heads find no rest, their bread be baked in blood, their sisters insist on just endless shopping for products of little interest, their salaries increase by an amount not substantial enough to deal with the rise of inflation and their paper delivery not occur on time.  When they order food from restaurants, let it be slightly overcooked!  Let their birthday gifts be generic versions of the things they wanted!  May their teeth be off-white!  May all their bathrooms have only air driers, and the older kind that is really underpowered and doesn't get the job done, not the new ones that actually work.  May they forever be denied the taste of Chicago Pizza and Guarana Antarctica and that good cake frosting! Err umm yes totally neutral.

One really has to read between the lines for this  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2012, 05:35:30 pm »
Try CTRL + F5, I redid some of it. The third paragraph did sound way off.
Most of the text is though just C/P from historical speeches regarding Annexation. Nothing to "understand" really :wink:

Also Thovex shaddup and go play with some Lego!

Thank you a lot! Got me confused since yesterday!
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:37 pm »
+2
I'll have one question then I'm outta here:

What is it with the new fashion of "Neutral Perspective" when you are in one of the 2 conflicting "Sides"?
You're always biased even if you say you're in a "Neutral Perspective"... how does this even work?

Maybe you don't have the maturity to assess a situation objectively, but most people do. To me, this is still just a game and to be honest, I welcome the war because that equals more battles. However, I resent your attitude Thovex, and I resent okiN's and Andswaru's. I resent the reasons that caused this war, it's bitter and way too personal. Cooties is at least trying to keep it civil. You guys are simply pouring oil on the fire with rude replies and nonchalant attitude.

It's not my place anymore, but I think Nordmen should be wary of Thovex' manners, so far I just see him insulting people, tellin them to fuck off etc. Not very "classy", to put it like bagge. You've been in Nordmen for 2 months or so and yet you seem to have the biggest mouth out of all their 80-or-so members.

I like most of you guys so for me, we're all good and such. But as a person, I cannot respect the Nordmen's diplomacy that pretty much lead to this development. Breaking NAP's etc, I think most are very disappointed with your conduct.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »
+1
The third paragraph in the declaration?

Try CTRL + F5, I redid some of it. The third paragraph did sound way off.
Most of the text is though just C/P from historical speeches regarding Annexation. Nothing to "understand" really :wink:

Also Thovex shaddup and go play with some Lego!

Lego cRPG it is.

It's not my place anymore, but I think Nordmen should be wary of Thovex' manners, so far I just see him insulting people, tellin them to fuck off etc. Not very "classy", to put it like bagge. You've been in Nordmen for 2 months or so and yet you seem to have the biggest mouth out of all their 80-or-so members.

It's fine, I'll manage to keep calm because there is obviously something wrong with some people here so I'll just go play cRPG and finish the "wars" there.
Also, you are in Mercs since a month and have always had the biggest mouth. :wink:

But toodles! Let's fight in Strat battles instead.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:42:59 pm by Thovex »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:49 pm »
+5
It's fine, I'll manage to keep calm because there is obviously something wrong with some people here so I'll just go play cRPG and finish the "wars" there.

Knowing when to admit your faults is one aspect of maturity. Passive aggressiveness, blaming everyone but yourself and similar, is not. in fact, it's the exact opposite. I don't have a problem with you, but the Nordmen will have a problem with you when you keep making them look bad, just saying.

Also, bringing up completely irrelevant stuff as arguments is neither a display of maturity.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2012, 06:03:40 pm »
+4
dont know jack about whats goin on,  but that this post:

(click to show/hide)

has been ignored quite nicely shows how all of this is just another clusterfuck on a childsbirthday.  dont see a real effort in doing diplomicy from most people in this thread. 

edit: obviously emotional unstable peps didnt get that this: "The situation is what it is, can we deal with it now instead of whining about it?" is the great thing about the post,  which was ignored and I tried to highlight.  nm though,  as everything turned out well for now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:54:28 am by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
+6
To all those saying we were looking for an excuse to break are NAP, simply ask Adrswaru how many offers were made to him.  From the last minute talks that were held with him it seemed he was less than willing to negotiate with us and was intent on attacking the castle no matter what happened, this is understandable i suppose as once you have committed your army it would be embarrassing to withdraw.

I can say for myself and alpha we were simply trying to insure we didn't get screwed by both parties. Ofc. this is strateugs so we did.

We were originally meant to transfer Jelbegi to the Nords in exchange to an NAP.  This was dome in a fairly casual way, with very few proper terms written out, which is what has caused this rapid break down in relations. 

The second issue here was in fact to do with Members of the Deserters (not the Templars or the Mercs) damaging the s&d in Nord fiefs.  It seem that some people had believed that Deserters were under the control of the mercs, which apparently they are not.  Andswaru felt that the action of the Deserters was a fair reason to reclaim Jelbegi castle in order to secure the Nord borders.

At the same time as these events were transpiring, a  fief exchange from the mercs for Senuzgda Castle was changed. Templars were not set to gain control of Ismirala.  As this was seen as a private dealing between ourselves and nords i did not see that it needed to be published.  it was not until yesterday when the announcement of annexation was made that i learned the full extent of the problems.

During the talks several deals were offered to Andwarsu, all of which he felt were inappropriate, either inadvertently dragging him into an alliance with factions he did not want or denying his members access to larger battles.

At no point have we attempted to incite or insult the Nordmen, their leadership or members.  We were civil with them and sought to solve this problem diplomatically.  During the discussion threats were levied by Andswaru that if the NAP were to be broken that the Nords would 'declare themselves to the UIF', whether this was made as a quip, or as a genuine threat i cannot say but i am sure it is a warning of things to come.

I grow tired of strategus, the diplomacy and the misrepresentation of my clan by others who were not present at teh talks yet feel they have a right to comment on how events unfolded.

tl:dr We got played by nords at the diplomacy game.
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)
I like turtle soup.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »
+3
Yeah, blame us now  :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2012, 06:28:16 pm »
+3
Yeah, blame us now  :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

you ruined everything!!
Turtles

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2012, 06:34:52 pm »
(click to show/hide)

For the greater part an accurate assement, and i hearby salute Casimir for been honest and heartfelt. Sadly Casimir when one half of two alliances threaten to delcare war upon Nords for taking a claim the choices left to us are limited. Respect to Casimir.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2012, 06:37:48 pm »
+1
Knowing when to admit your faults is one aspect of maturity. Passive aggressiveness, blaming everyone but yourself and similar, is not. in fact, it's the exact opposite. I don't have a problem with you, but the Nordmen will have a problem with you when you keep making them look bad, just saying.

Also, bringing up completely irrelevant stuff as arguments is neither a display of maturity.

Yes, which is why I said I'll stop discussing because everyone else is always right and the opposite side is always wrong.

I could go after all these discussions till it stops itself but you'd just keep on going, so xoxo.  :)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2012, 06:41:23 pm »
+2
nm  im out
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »
+3
I think my offer to hold Ismirala as an independant lord is the best solution.  As everyone loves me.
Turtles