Author Topic: SWF Strat 4  (Read 11940 times)

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
Re: SWF Strat 4
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 04:09:42 am »
You're being way too dramatic guy, No one bullied anything. The fief was agreed to be given to us as far as what we knew and we were prepared to help you move fiefs. Anyone here in Strat that knows about this will tell you that 9/10 times, you surrender, we take you under our wing, and help you set up somewhere else. I offered you defense since you are new and offered you Sumbuja as well as continued trade and assistance. Obviously you are new to strategy if you don't realize this is a very generous offer. But guess we get Ismirala soon anyway.

That's great. It was a really generous offer. That's why I accepted it the first time. However, the point you seem to be missing is that, in order for us to accept the offer, you need to give us the new fief before we lose the old one. That is how strategy works in literally every game. The underdogs who surrender before accepting their dues are fools.

And I would also safely say we are some of the most trustworthy guys after giving away 2 cities, and a castle early on in strat to friends of ours.

It's great that you're nice to your friends.  I'm also nice to my friends. They know I won't stab them in the back because they're familiar with me. Maybe if you hadn't begun our relationship with a deception and a betrayal, we could treat you like you're trustworthy to new players, too, instead of just your friends.

We're not butthurt at all, and I'm sorry my bold text scared you. We're just letting you know that we tried playing the Strategus Hawk-Dove game as doves, but we realized we're surrounded by hawks, so we're not playing as doves anymore.

(For those of you unfamiliar with terminology above: the Hawk-Dove game is the basis of Evolutionary Game Theory.)
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 04:19:04 am »
That's great. It was a really generous offer. That's why I accepted it the first time. However, the point you seem to be missing is that, in order for us to accept the offer, you need to give us the new fief before we lose the old one. That is how strategy works in literally every game. The underdogs who surrender before accepting their dues are fools.

Plenty of people give up their fiefs before we can get you into another fief. We didn't have the fief at that time, and now that we did you still shot down our offer so you're simply shooting yourself in the foot.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ipsum

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SWF
  • Game nicks: Ipsum_SWF
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 04:20:52 am »
blah blah blah we aren't going to let you expand your e-penis at our expense. We might be new, but we can still give it our all.

I mean it must have been super embarrassing for you to lose to us if you are going though such lengths to court us after your initial snide dismissal.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 04:24:18 am »
Like I said, see you soon. The only reason he was under-armed is because you guys lied about your dealings with us. Good game, thanks for playing.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 04:32:27 am »
Like I said, see you soon. The only reason he was under-armed is because you guys lied about your dealings with us. Good game, thanks for playing.

you also came on pissing about BRD funding them. If that was a "deal" then why would you accuse others of funding them?

I think since there was no written agreement, they weren't going to give it up until then.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 04:36:49 am »
+1
you also came on pissing about BRD funding them. If that was a "deal" then why would you accuse others of funding them?

I think since there was no written agreement, they weren't going to give it up until then.

I apologized to BRD, I was not aware of the production capabilities this early for villages in strat nor was I aware of the 2 previous attacks, so that was my bad which I admitted and apologized for. There shouldn't need to be a written agreement when all of our transactions up until this one have been fine.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2012, 04:38:25 am »
you guys lied about your dealings with us.

Excuse me? I accepted the tentative offer, and made it very clear to TugBOAT that we would require our new fief before we surrendered our old one. It's not my fault if you guys can't manage to use language to coordinate; the rest of humanity seems to manage to do it somehow. You attacked without warning and before the agreement was finalized, verbally or in writing.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2012, 05:02:41 am »
+1
Excuse me? I accepted the tentative offer, and made it very clear to TugBOAT that we would require our new fief before we surrendered our old one. It's not my fault if you guys can't manage to use language to coordinate; the rest of humanity seems to manage to do it somehow. You attacked without warning and before the agreement was finalized, verbally or in writing.

No you didn't. I have our message history saved. You said, and I quote, "Hey can you wait a while for us to transfer the funds out before you attack? If you think we might get attacked soon you can go ahead"

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2012, 05:14:00 am »
No you didn't. I have our message history saved. You said, and I quote, "Hey can you wait a while for us to transfer the funds out before you attack? If you think we might get attacked soon you can go ahead"

Here in my message history, it looks like you said, "I forge message histories all the time, lol."
(click to show/hide)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2012, 05:33:21 am »
+1
Here in my message history, it looks like you said, "I forge message histories all the time, lol."

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2012, 05:35:35 am »

Oh, cute. Tydeus +'d your post without waiting for proof.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 05:44:17 am »
(click to show/hide)

And you guys attacked it...what 20 hours later

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 05:48:06 am »
+6
And you guys attacked it...what 20 hours later

So? We attacked it as soon as we could. The fact remains Ednos is PROVING himself to be a fucking lying ball squire. He accused me of lying like a tool, as if I couldn't take a screen shot and prove him to be a liar?

WE ARE GOING TO FUCKING WIPE YOU FROM THE MAP

AKA You just got DEVESTATED

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 05:53:14 am »
Lets see all the logs. Technically you guys DID attack immediately which they asked YOU not to do.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 05:54:55 am »
+1
Lets see all the logs. Technically you guys DID attack immediately which they asked YOU not to do.

Unless we think someone may attack them soon, and BRD is aggressively taking fiefs owned by randoms, so we thought someone would attack soon, so we attacked immediately.