Author Topic: SWF Strat 4  (Read 11778 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: SWF Strat 4
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 02:31:45 am »
It's easy to resist NOW, much harder later.

Right, I mean hats off to them for having their guys this organized this early on, but unfortunately unless this resolves peacefully they will be forced out of the fief as soon as we're slightly more organized.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:07 am »
+1
It's easy to resist NOW, much harder later.
Indeed, careful planning, organization and knowledge of mechanics is what is most beneficial now. Later, when all the big clans get everyone active, you can just rely on numbers churning out troops and gold.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41:06 am »
I have put in an offer for peaceful negotiations and a relocation of SWF with benefits and a defensive pact to a nearby fief that I am hoping will entice them to accept
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 03:26:56 am »
+2
I did.

"Sorry for assuming BRD was helping, though they were the only reason you guys won with their mercs."

Edit: So, like I said, sorry for assuming you were giving the gear. This is because I misunderstood that Villages started with 200 pp (I've only owned Cities, assumed it was similar). If I could make a request I would ask you not to merc for their side as we did not merc against you when taking the castle (That we wanted).

Sorry for the shitty replies, I made myself look like an ass because I thought the AI had purchased it and did not realize the Villages received those points. Take care, and see you soon. If you want our help in finding a different fief and we can come to an agreement, we'll help you. Otherwise we'll continue.

Yeah, after the last 2 strats where we kept badgering our clanmates only to fight against a few very specific clans and against nowhere else and how much everyone hated that and losing the fun of participating in a lot of strat fights and with a lot of new members we just decided to remove that as an aspect of any of our diplomacy.  Everyone as an individual can choose to merc whenever and with whomever and leadership wont give them grief.  I do know many are open to bribes and gold incentives to get them to merc for people - something to consider.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 03:37:38 am »
Correct, I am open to bribes.

Offline deathawk1

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:58 am »
+3
Hi friend with swords!

First fight, was that a turtle?

http://youtu.be/kgGmpvMvTVY

Second fight was not recorded, but thanks for the gear hospitalers!

3rd Strat Battle - KUTT Invasion!

http://youtu.be/LvLNbPKAH5Q?hd=1

staby stab stab!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:05:45 am by deathawk1 »

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 09:45:04 am »
Swords with Friends are dirty traitors! :D

I made a great agreement with them on Steam that they agreed to, where they would merc for us, and we would also relocate them to another nearby fief.

This was AGREED to.

Now SWF has decided they want to back out of the deal they already agreed to, so I guess now we can take the fief anyway and they can relocate on their own. GOOD LUCK DOOD!

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
+1
Swords with Friends are dirty traitors! :D

I made a great agreement with them on Steam that they agreed to, where they would merc for us, and we would also relocate them to another nearby fief.

This was AGREED to.

Now SWF has decided they want to back out of the deal they already agreed to, so I guess now we can take the fief anyway and they can relocate on their own. GOOD LUCK DOOD!

They know how to resist, they know how to gain time and do diplomacy in strategus :). Gj guys ofc KUTT will destroy you eventually but still you won't be forgotten i guess

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:30 am »
+1
They know how to resist, they know how to gain time and do diplomacy in strategus :). Gj guys ofc KUTT will destroy you eventually but still you won't be forgotten i guess

Gain time by lying? Good fellows.

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
+1
Gain time by lying? Good fellows.

Sounds like a strategus, strat, strategy?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »
I was wondering about that Tugboat, I thought you said you had an agreement with them
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 03:41:30 am »
+1
Slow down there; I'm out of town and have limited Internet access. Please allow me to shed some light on the situation.

TL;DR: KUTT is trying to bully a bunch of new players out of territory that was arbitrarily claimed, and we're not about to hand it over to a bunch of pussies who aren't willing to fight. We challenge KUTT to claim it with their swords, if they can. This isn't kindergarten, where you yell, "I call this seat," and it's yours.

So, this all started when I joined KUTT TS with TugBOAT, who promised me "a fief, or help taking one, or something," and I said, "Sure, that sounds great!" Then, the next day, after Hospitaller was done attacking us, I get a message from TugBOAT on Steam saying, "Hey, hand over the fief! Just send one guy to defend." That's when the attack was launched.  Not wanting to let my clan down by getting crushed only days into the round, I had accepted the tentative offer (in voice chat), expecting the deal to be finalized formally (in writing, via forum PMs or cRPG messages) at a later date.

Now, in the meantime, SWF is begging everyone it can find to help defend against Redania and Hospitaller, who attacked in quick succession. Fortunately, Redania left us enough weapons to defend against the Hospitaller horde--see the first video for the first of those two battles (in the original post, which has been updated with the two videos Deathawk1 posted). And, more fortunately, we were blessed with more valiant volunteers who were willing to sacrifice everything--even their own lives--defending the principles of liberty and self-governance.

Almost immediately after we are relieved by the victory over the Hospitaller invasion, we are attacked by KUTT--complemented with a friendly message from TugBOAT saying that it was time for us to hand over our fief. Hand it over, without anything in return? Of course not!

Now, as I understand diplomacy in general--in literally every other game I've played, including Civilization, every board game with more than two players, and EVE Online--if you're offering a trade, the one without the power to enforce the exchange receives before giving; i.e., since you are clearly several times larger and thousands of times more experienced, the expectation is that the offer is made, a formal agreement is then made, the new fief is first transferred to us, and then we transfer our fief to you, in that order.

So, we're not accepting the new deal, because KUTT is obviously untrustworthy. If we're going to lose our fief, it's because we fought to the fucking death, not because we were cheated out of it.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 03:47:01 am »
Slow down there; I'm out of town and have limited Internet access. Please allow me to shed some light on the situation.

TL;DR: KUTT is trying to bully a bunch of new players out of territory that was arbitrarily claimed, and we're not about to hand it over to a bunch of pussies who aren't willing to fight. We challenge KUTT to claim it with their swords, if they can. This isn't kindergarten, where you yell, "I call this seat," and it's yours.

So, this all started when I joined KUTT TS with TugBOAT, who promised me "a fief, or help taking one, or something," and I said, "Sure, that sounds great!" Then, the next day, after Hospitaller was done attacking us, I get a message from TugBOAT on Steam saying, "Hey, hand over the fief! Just send one guy to defend." That's when the attack was launched.  Not wanting to let my clan down by getting crushed only days into the round, I had accepted the tentative offer (in voice chat), expecting the deal to be finalized formally (in writing, via forum PMs or cRPG messages) at a later date.

Now, in the meantime, SWF is begging everyone it can find to help defend against Redania and Hospitaller, who attacked in quick succession. Fortunately, Redania left us enough weapons to defend against the Hospitaller horde--see the first video for the first of those two battles (in the original post, which has been updated with the two videos Deathawk1 posted). And, more fortunately, we were blessed with more valiant volunteers who were willing to sacrifice everything--even their own lives--defending the principles of liberty and self-governance.

Almost immediately after we are relieved by the victory over the Hospitaller invasion, we are attacked by KUTT--complemented with a friendly message from TugBOAT saying that it was time for us to hand over our fief. Hand it over, without anything in return? Of course not!

Now, as I understand diplomacy in general--in literally every other game I've played, including Civilization, every board game with more than two players, and EVE Online--if you're offering a trade, the one without the power to enforce the exchange receives before giving; i.e., since you are clearly several times larger and thousands of times more experienced, the expectation is that the offer is made, a formal agreement is then made, the new fief is first transferred to us, and then we transfer our fief to you, in that order.

So, we're not accepting the new deal, because KUTT is obviously untrustworthy. If we're going to lose our fief, it's because we fought to the fucking death, not because we were cheated out of it.

Lol. Jesus Christ. Butthurt Drama-queen here. I tried to offer you Sumbuja and a great offer and you are still upset. Very well, I guess you leave no other choice.

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 03:53:49 am »
I tried to offer you Sumbuja and a great offer and you are still upset.

No, you again offered us the option to surrender, after which, since we have nothing you need, you will ignore us, and we'll be left with nothing. "Fool me once, shame on you," as they say. We will not make the mistake of trusting KUTT twice, and I caution all others to take the same approach. As I wrote above, you cannot expect us to surrender a fief before you give us the other, especially when you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to take ours anyways. We're new to Strategus, but not to strategy; you can bully us, but you can't cheat us.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2012, 03:59:15 am »
No, you again offered us the option to surrender, after which, since we have nothing you need, you will ignore us, and we'll be left with nothing. "Fool me once, shame on you," as they say. We will not make the mistake of trusting KUTT twice, and I caution all others to take the same approach. As I wrote above, you cannot expect us to surrender a fief before you give us the other, especially when you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to take ours anyways. We're new to Strategus, but not to strategy; you can bully us, but you can't cheat us.

You're being way too dramatic guy, No one bullied anything. The fief was agreed to be given to us as far as what we knew and we were prepared to help you move fiefs. Anyone here in Strat that knows about this will tell you that 9/10 times, you surrender, we take you under our wing, and help you set up somewhere else. I offered you defense since you are new and offered you Sumbuja as well as continued trade and assistance. Obviously you are new to strategy if you don't realize this is a very generous offer. But guess we get Ismirala soon anyway.

And I would also safely say we are some of the most trustworthy guys after giving away 2 cities, and a castle early on in strat to friends of ours.