Author Topic: 2 slot items  (Read 23437 times)

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
Re: 2 slot items
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:36 pm »
You have a shield for crying out loud, you can just block (lancers) cav and let pikemen/ranged do their job. Why does everyone want to have in his pocket a wepaon to beat any other class in the game ?

Have you tried to simply block the attacks of fast good cav ? Maybe you block it once .... if you have a good shield ... maybe twice ...

But then it simply breaks and you are 1h without shield = dead. Think about the speed bonus , which breaks your shield fast.

Forget about it .....

I simply will enjoy the time i can use 1h/shield/pike untill patch and then i switch to my xbower. He can kill horsies in 2 shots.
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2011, 12:37:45 pm »
Sean_drew, i don't say that you are bad, but with footwork you can evade strike from a cav and stop him with warspear. Sometimes when cav see that you have a spear they will go to another easier target.
If you fail you can raise your shield at last moment to protect yourself against lance.

I don't say it's easy, but you can't be as good as a dedicated pike build. Again teamwork can help too, stay close to a pikeman when you are on open space.

It's not against you, but it's pretty easy to whine, it's more difficult to try to adapt the situation.

Ofc, good cav players will beat you, but good 2h player or good 1h player will beat you too...

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:48 pm »
Pike is probably gonna take 2 slots, not 3. Stop being idiotic and argue about things you have no clue of. If you want some info, hang out in IRC more often, you can learn new things about upcoming patch (and patches) daily. And devs actually respond if you ask them on certain weapons *gasps*
Or feel free to make things up about the patch, it is kinda amusing to watch, really.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »
I dont understand why u want to go so far from native style. If ppl with xbows or throwing weapons are a problem, change those weapons (like damage, or speed, or not stackable each others) but do not ruin the game of everyone coz of them.
And by the way, i play a pure melee and i have no problem with any type of player, cav or thrower or whatever i really cant understand all this whining about weapons and combat styles.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2011, 12:57:45 pm »
Again teamwork can help too, stay close to a pikeman when you are on open space.

Ofc, good cav players will beat you, but good 2h player or good 1h player will beat you too...

1. Do you really think there will be many dedicated pikemen after the patch who run around with 1h and pike ? And how long do they run around with all that ranged stuff in the air ?

2. You say the good cav player will beat me. That´s wrong. He simply has more range. I stop the same good cav player with a pike. I tested it. And i´m not whining about the patch , i criticize that the patch will make pikes take 3 slots , and i think that´s too much. 2 would be enough i think. Ok, call it whine if you want.

But i think i said enough about the 3 slots thing now ... i will play now, not talk  :wink: Maybe i try my xbower more, cause of the coming patch.

Edit :

Pike is probably gonna take 2 slots, not 3. Stop being idiotic and argue about things you have no clue of.

That´s the first real statement , that i hear about it. Until now i read it would take 3 slots all the time. And i don´t think it´s idiotic to talk about such things. But like i wrote above , i stop talking and do more playing ;-) It´s better to wait , what the patch will bring in the end and look what it changes in real then , and what was just idiotic talking  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:02:58 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2011, 01:00:24 pm »
Internet people will never be satisfied.

Protip to fighting a cav lancer: downblock. Lots of it. Until the lancer gets bored and goes for another target.

Seriously you people will find anything to nitpick on.

It is sad.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2011, 01:01:50 pm »
Protip to fighting a cav lancer: downblock. Lots of it. Until the lancer gets bored and goes for another target.

Then he can just ride over you and stab while you're on the ground.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:21 pm »

Not many actually do that. And stab like that isnt that powerful and misses quite often. Also once the cav rides face front to you then there's little chance he would be able to lance you and you have your free kill.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »

You've also got footwork and surprise attacks. If you do your fighting vs. cav correctly, he can't kill you.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2011, 01:07:17 pm »
I dont understand why u want to go so far from native style. If ppl with xbows or throwing weapons are a problem, change those weapons (like damage, or speed, or not stackable each others) but do not ruin the game of everyone coz of them.
And by the way, i play a pure melee and i have no problem with any type of player, cav or thrower or whatever i really cant understand all this whining about weapons and combat styles.

Dont talk about he is ruining everyones game, unless you have asked everyone.
You havent asked me yet so pls just talk for yourself.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2011, 01:09:00 pm »
You've also got footwork and surprise attacks. If you do your fighting vs. cav correctly, he can't kill you.

Exactly, if a cav comes at u (bro) with intentions of bumping/riding over you it's easy with proper footwork and a surprise attack. If he succeeds at knocking you over he'll need to stop his horse almost completely to lance you and this is also an opportunity to chop his precious horse up.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2011, 01:11:22 pm »

Of course, but you can't do that if you're constantly downblocking. Also, what you said holds true for him too (unless you're ranged).

If he succeeds at knocking you over he'll need to stop his horse almost completely to lance you and this is also an opportunity to chop his precious horse up.

A good cavalry player will time his thrust so that it hits you exactly the moment you fall down. There's nothing you can do about that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:12:28 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »
Of course, but you can't do that if you're constantly downblocking. Also, what you said holds true for him too (unless you're ranged).

A good cavalry player will time his thrust so that it hits you exactly the moment you fall down. There's nothing you can do about that.
You're talking about cav players equal in their specialty to the best 2handers out there, stop scaring people so much. A shielder that knows what he is doing is a tough nut to crack for any cav player.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2011, 01:21:54 pm »
It's just talk anyway. :|
As far as I know the patch doesn't touch cavalry.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 01:26:01 pm »

I agree, but like I said before this can be prevented with a surprise attack or just a thrust when he's facefront charging you. Also, once on the floor the range between you and the lancer's lance is quite big and even if he does suceed at knocking you down and then immediately lancing you only the tip of his lance will hit your body on the floor and you won't take much damage anyway, atleast from my experience.