Author Topic: Chill with the elitism please  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
Re: Chill with the elitism please
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2011, 01:17:48 am »
Like I said earlier, guess I've just seen a different side of him, but he is much mellower then the other BS (opps I meant Bks) guys.  I don't really have anything against him, he just came to mind first.

You must be speaking of either myself or Search. Tyrian never really says anything and is an extremely polite, nice guy.

No, I said if he gets this angry, he needs to re-prioritize.  Video games are a priority in my life, in fact I'm making a career out of them, I just don't blow up over them, they are games after all.

I've yet to "blow up." My tone in text is not indicative of my real life state nor emotions, I can have strong feelings about a topic but that doesn't mean I'm melting down IRL.

Speaking of elitists...  Who killed your ass 5 times to your one the last time we fought?

You must have a metal plate in that bald head of yours because my magnetic warhammer keeps connecting to it.

"your a shielder so you are bad" you say...

Yet you always die against me :)

They should rename the "lolstab" to Rhadestab.

BECAUSE THAT IS ALL HE EVER USES.  YET HE ALWAYS LOSES. 

Love that rhyme? 

I hate you, honestly.

You say random bullshit and if I don't respond, people are allowed to think it's true and if I do it's "OMG I IZ TROLLIN U LOL I M SO GUD."

So I'll keep it short and say you killed me once or twice in a huge battle when I was surrounded by angry bad guys. Great.
I think we both know the outcome of us fighting repeatedly, I would even be willing to fight you by myself and you can bring a friend and I'm sure I'd still win. You think you're such an epic troll but in reality you're rather pathetic, you follow me from game to game and attempt to "troll" me by stating things you know are falsehoods while also knowing that I'm not one to let bullshit stand. Anyone who duels me regularly knows I actually don't thrust much, I hold and chamber more than anything else.

5-1? Lol. Firstly, you and I never fought 1v1, secondly even when I was outnumbered I would kill you more often than not. I have no problem with you being an average player, but when you sit there and spew lies it's rather perplexing to me how you can even begin to make the assumption that you are anywhere remotely close to being able to kill me 1v1 the majority of the time, and I doubt you ever will reach that point as you're the kind of player who's afraid to take that chance.

tldr pew pew laser beams

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:19:40 am by Rhade »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2011, 01:24:25 am »
tldr pew pew laser beams

*Dodges laser beams*

I don't get the hate of good players. Sure, there are a few egoist bastards who think they are gods and became egomaniacs.
(Or, they suck and qq at each death like I do)

But that isn't true for everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2011, 01:29:00 am »
*Dodges laser beams*

I don't get the hate of good players. Sure, there are a few egoist bastards who think they are gods and became egomaniacs.
(Or, they suck and qq at each death like I do)

But that isn't true for everyone.

Honestly I care little of whether a player is good or bad, mainly I care about the in-game and in-forum manners.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2011, 01:34:51 am »
Honestly I care little of whether a player is good or bad, mainly I care about the in-game and in-forum manners.

And I honestly don't care about manners because it's a subjective belief system that only corresponds to you, and when someone else does something "wrong" that you were brought up to take offense to yet they weren't, they're somehow in the wrong and you're in the right. Yet, to them, they did nothing wrong as you're attempting to condemn them and convert them to your feelings of why they are.

Obviously that's a rather dramatic approach, but the point is I'm not going to march to someone else's drum of what they deem "appropriate," I'm an adult capable of making those decisions myself, and shouldn't need to be lorded over by a bunch of other people who's e-feelings get hurt because someone came along and said something that made their little feelings hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I usually am pleasant and nice with people in the hope of them returning it as I think a lot of people prefer that but I can also easily and handily handle a situation where someone is being unpleasant as well. Enforcing "manners" is just, basically, enforcing an opinion with an iron fist and I can't agree with that.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2011, 02:25:43 am »
Tyrian and Harmless are not "Would be" duelists, they are duelists and extremely top tier ones at that. You can bitch about "feinting" but neither of them really feint that much, when, in reality they both just have extremely good timing and control. Haters never stop hating.
Wouldn't know. Never met them.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:57 am »
Obviously that's a rather dramatic approach, but the point is I'm not going to march to someone else's drum of what they deem "appropriate," I'm an adult capable of making those decisions myself, and shouldn't need to be lorded over by a bunch of other people who's e-feelings get hurt because someone came along and said something that made their little feelings hurt.

I hate this mentality, not because you're wrong, but just because it can be used to excuse any kind of behaviour. I'd say good manners are subjective, while bad manners aren't.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2011, 03:30:48 am »
So it's the talent vs practice argument again?

On the one hand, you can argue that there is an innate set of talents, skills, or abilities (that are required to be good at WB) that some people possess and others don't, and that people who have them are going to be better (at WB) than people who don't.

On the other hand, you can argue that the skills and abilities that you need to be good at WB are all ones that can be learnt by anyone (if they don't have them already through playing similar games or performing similar activities), and that like most skills the more you practice them, the better you will be at playing WB.

It's like rationalism vs empiricism all over again, though maybe a little less crucial.

Personally I think its the second. I don't know anyone who is good at WB who hasn't spent a very long time practising. Obviously that doesn't rule out innate talent (perhaps some people need less time practising than others).

Even if there is a factor of innate abilities, that some people possess and others don't, I have trouble believing that it would be a very important one. I think this is the order of importance of factors that affect 'skill' at M&B:

1) Hardware
2) Internet connection
3) Time spent playing (practise)
4) Attitude toward the game (dedication or mind set - whether you think it's worth investing time in learning particular skills)
5) Innate talent/ability (if such a thing even exists, or if it would even be relevant to WB)

Perhaps people who argue for talent/ability want to justify the time they've dedicated to the game (in which case, why feel guilty about that?), and perhaps people who argue for it just being practise based want to justify their own lack of natural talent (but if such a thing exists, there's nothing you can do about it, so why feel bad about lacking it - just spam like crazy!).

Either way, the elitism comes about from the position that there is innate talent involved, because it's hard to feel proud and elitist about investing more time in a game, which is why a lot of native players use the argument against cRPG (because time spent is realised as an obvious factor - in terms of gear and character skills gained).

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Castor

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TS_Boyar_Castor
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2011, 08:57:03 am »
HI RHADE is this your shiny bald head  :o ? this is from your steam profile btw.  :wink:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2011, 10:14:34 am »
LOL

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2011, 10:32:54 am »
I would just take it not so serious , what others say about how good is someone in parrying/blocking.

If there are people who say ..... "man you suck really hard " to me , or something , i simply answer :" Yes! So what ?" .

The game is not about to have the most kills, or be a superblocker ...

The game is about the TEAM , that must win.

If someone says ...." man: your so bad" .... i say : "Yes .... and you are the super hero who will win alone against the other team , or what ?".

If someone don´t stop talking shit in the chat ..... the one and best option ever in this game :

MUTE !

I mute often up to 5 players on the server, and there is silence. No more shit talked ;-) Simply press ESC , go on mute , and search for the player name , that talks the most shit ....

Silence  :mrgreen:  :lol: Have a nice game !
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2011, 11:04:49 am »
SILENCE! I KILL YOU!  :lol:

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:34 pm »
And I honestly don't care about manners because it's a subjective belief system that only corresponds to you, and when someone else does something "wrong" that you were brought up to take offense to yet they weren't, they're somehow in the wrong and you're in the right. Yet, to them, they did nothing wrong as you're attempting to condemn them and convert them to your feelings of why they are.

Don't get me wrong, I usually am pleasant and nice with people in the hope of them returning it as I think a lot of people prefer that but I can also easily and handily handle a situation where someone is being unpleasant as well. Enforcing "manners" is just, basically, enforcing an opinion with an iron fist and I can't agree with that.

Respect.

I am still nice to people even though I can tare their limbs off at any second.

And should you come across another person as capable as I and you disrespect them as eagerly as it sounds you might be disappointed in the results.

Showing others respect and manners shows that you aren't a ^%&$ing idiot, being a rebel is going against social norms and the common views but you don't need to be a prick about it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to debate something or trying to make a point but acting like this just makes you look bad and no one will take you seriously.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2011, 07:15:19 pm »
What a wiered thread  :o

(click to show/hide)

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2011, 07:19:18 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I lol'd

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »
If you want to do better at blocking, then I would suggest trying some native singleplayer and going to the training fields and do some battles, it will help you a bit.