Author Topic: Chill with the elitism please  (Read 11233 times)

Offline Storm

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Chill with the elitism please
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:36 pm »
"Chill with the elitism"? "Please"?

That can only come from a noob.  :P

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »
Rhade likes to fancy himself a person who automatically deserves and expects respect because he's good at a Turkish video game. The guy has never said one positive comment in-game about anyone or anything since he started.

"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:51 pm »
Rhade will you play strategus?
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

I'm planning on it but I'm finding grinding up to 31 again to be a bit of a task, I find myself not logging in much.

Am I allowed to call successful troll on myself?

Rhade, CHILL.  If you get this riled up you may need to re-prioritize your life.

It's amusing how serious you sound until I show you how wrong you are, then all of a sudden it's "I was just trollin', brah," it happens every time.

I am chill, I'm actually rather happy today and am not upset at all. I just felt strong language was needed to convey just exactly how stupid I felt your line of reasoning was, especially because I hear it so much.

The only real way you or any of the other faceless masses who talk shit towards me seem to follow this step:

A) Try to make an attempt at creating a logical argument and have it be destroyed
B) Once it's destroyed, claim "I was just trolling"
C) ???
D) Profit

At risk of derailing and racking up even more - points (my trophies for telling it how it is and people don't like it), I'm going to go be like Charlie Sheen and win at life. Haters gon' hate.

Rhade likes to fancy himself a person who automatically deserves and expects respect because he's good at a Turkish video game. The guy has never said one positive comment in-game about anyone or anything since he started.

I said nothing about respect, but thanks for giving it to me by saying I'm good. Hey, you said it, not me.

I say positive comments all the time, but I'm also not afraid to say negative ones.

Most of the time people just rage on me and BkS because, frankly, no one likes to lose and we don't care to sugar coat it for them.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:37:21 pm by Rhade »

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »
dry your eyes teddy bear.. its not impossible to improve your reflexes.

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 10:42:54 pm »
Well, that just like your opinion man.

But ya, guess I've just seen him when he is whining about range (despite not packing a shield) or crushthrough killing him.

Dosen't mean much coming from me, to quote myself: "I bitch and spam, its what I do".  I just tend to take the game for what it is, an outlet for my bottled rage, I never take myself seriously.  I'm a humble narcissist.

EDIT: In response to Rhade's post.  Its a game, some people just don't put as much stock in games or improving game skill.  I personally try to improve, but that's because I put way to much stock in games.  But seriously if you get pissed off at people not giving a f*ck and having their own style of PLAY (as in game, as in not an important part of life) then you may have some deeper issues that you should seriously look at.

Read this again Rhade, I can highlight or bold the sarcasm in my response if you'd like.

Some people just never get over themselves I guess.  I'm over myself and I have a better outlook on life for it.

EDIT: You talk a lot about yourself and your comment about "faceless masses" just drove it home.  Your problem is that you're not over yourself yet.  Once you grow up and figure out that life is more about the "faceless masses" and less about you, your life will be so much better.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:47:48 pm by Keltesh »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:56 pm »
Am I allowed to call successful troll on myself?

Rhade, CHILL.  If you get this riled up you may need to re-prioritize your life.

Actually, happy people do what they want  :wink:

EDIT :

\derailment

Have you tried real time tactics games?  As in, games with little to no resource management?  I find them far more appealing than RTS and often far easier.

/derailment

I'm way better at Total War games than classic RTS, because the gameplay is not full of this "yeah man you have to click 800 times a second to make more ressources and more men to finally crush your opponent because you have a better army" BS. That's why I dislike Starcraft games : just take a good BO and do it fast, win.

When you get rid of the ressource management, you get real strategy. A few real time games allow active breaks (limited in time). And of course if you want to do strategy at it's finest, real time is certainly not what you want. Chess, Go games, turn based video games such as Civ or japanese tactical RPGs...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:21:17 pm by Kafein »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 11:14:02 pm »
Now we're talking about different issues.

You should expect someone to be willing to get better, and trying their best. Just like you're talented at Math, it would most likely frustrate you to see people who aren't as good as you not trying to improve, but instead taking the easy way out at every opportunity. I don't get ragey when people are bad, I get ragey when people play scared and don't ever risk anything to attempt to become better, they always try to take the most safe, boring way out and in the result never become any better because they aren't taking any risks/learning/growing as a player. Same thing can be said for anyone who's talented at something and gets frustrated when they see others attempting to get to the same level they're at by taking the easy way and defending their shortcomings with excuses like "ping, computers, you play all day etc etc" instead of putting the blame on themselves for not challenging themselves and taking the risks/chances necessary to actually improve. I don't hold any hate for any "bad" player who honestly tries to improve and has the balls to actually try instead of just taking the easy way out at all points, in fact I try to help them as much as I can.

When someone is top tier at something, it shouldn't be said "WELL IF I SPENT AS MUCH TIME AS YOU ID BE GOOD TOO", that's just pathetic attempts to bring those above you down to make up for your shortcomings.

Edit:

Tyrian and Harmless are not "Would be" duelists, they are duelists and extremely top tier ones at that. You can bitch about "feinting" but neither of them really feint that much, when, in reality they both just have extremely good timing and control. Haters never stop hating.

Very well stated, Rhade.

Also, whoever said Tyrian is an elitist is mistaken. He's on of the BkS that I don't see being abrasive all the time. And I like him :3
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:15:07 pm by Dexxtaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 11:16:14 pm »
 I think the OP is serious about the game. OP is serious about having fun, which to him is going to siege and swinging a GL bardiche at people. "Elite" players telling him to get some "skill" as arbitrarily defined by them to be limited to parrying, which he has tried to do, is detracting from the OP's enjoyment. OP is serious about the game, as he is serious about maximizing his fun utiliy, not his # of manual and chamber blocks, which others might find fun.

Basically one man's meat is another's poison, and the people telling others to stop having fun need to find something more productive to do in game, such as organizing a flanking assault etc.

Oh and give me a call when someone manages to fight with 200++ ping. I hear a lot of bravado, but no one actually pulls it off on a long term basis. No one willingly goes to a high ping server since sub 30 pings make blocking so much easier.

edit * "Rich people do what they want, and being able to do so makes them happy."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:23:08 pm by kongxinga »

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2011, 11:17:21 pm »
+1 respect for Tyrian

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:21 pm »
Actually, happy people do what they want  :wink:

True, but happy people don't spew venom and insults at the suggestion that they need to chill.

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »
Very well stated, Rhade.

Also, whoever said Tyrian is an elitist is mistaken. He's on of the BkS that I don't see being abrasive all the time. And I like him :3

Like I said earlier, guess I've just seen a different side of him, but he is much mellower then the other BS (opps I meant Bks) guys.  I don't really have anything against him, he just came to mind first.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »
True, but happy people don't spew venom and insults at the suggestion that they need to chill.

That's not the same thing. You were saying someone shouldn't make videogames a priority in life. Chilling out or not has nothing to do with that.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2011, 11:25:10 pm »
Yeah!

Those meanie heads who take your lunch money are mean kids!

Shame on them for picking on you.

True beauty is on the inside.

We're all winners.

Speaking of elitists...  Who killed your ass 5 times to your one the last time we fought?

You must have a metal plate in that bald head of yours because my magnetic warhammer keeps connecting to it.

"your a shielder so you are bad" you say...

Yet you always die against me :)

They should rename the "lolstab" to Rhadestab.

BECAUSE THAT IS ALL HE EVER USES.  YET HE ALWAYS LOSES. 

Love that rhyme? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »
That's not the same thing. You were saying someone shouldn't make videogames a priority in life. Chilling out or not has nothing to do with that.

No, I said if he gets this angry, he needs to re-prioritize.  Video games are a priority in my life, in fact I'm making a career out of them, I just don't blow up over them, they are games after all.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:19 am »
Now we're talking about different issues.

You should expect someone to be willing to get better, and trying their best. Just like you're talented at Math, it would most likely frustrate you to see people who aren't as good as you not trying to improve, but instead taking the easy way out at every opportunity. I don't get ragey when people are bad, I get ragey when people play scared and don't ever risk anything to attempt to become better, they always try to take the most safe, boring way out and in the result never become any better because they aren't taking any risks/learning/growing as a player. Same thing can be said for anyone who's talented at something and gets frustrated when they see others attempting to get to the same level they're at by taking the easy way and defending their shortcomings with excuses like "ping, computers, you play all day etc etc" instead of putting the blame on themselves for not challenging themselves and taking the risks/chances necessary to actually improve. I don't hold any hate for any "bad" player who honestly tries to improve and has the balls to actually try instead of just taking the easy way out at all points, in fact I try to help them as much as I can.

When someone is top tier at something, it shouldn't be said "WELL IF I SPENT AS MUCH TIME AS YOU ID BE GOOD TOO", that's just pathetic attempts to bring those above you down to make up for your shortcomings.

Edit:

Tyrian and Harmless are not "Would be" duelists, they are duelists and extremely top tier ones at that. You can bitch about "feinting" but neither of them really feint that much, when, in reality they both just have extremely good timing and control. Haters never stop hating.

I disagree, I specifically quoted the example that someone can be incredible at this game in just two weeks and thus blah blah blah everyone and all peeps can be uber too. While I agree that people should seek to improve, I disagree with him trying to use the example of a mere two weeks, as most people require more time and such anomalies should never be used as an example in the manner that he used it.

I agree with what you said besides the first sentence.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.