Author Topic: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !  (Read 40918 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:47 am »
So , pretty much like everyone, i got bored and decided to go back to good ol' Skyrim once again. Gotta completely reinstall the whole thing + mods (i had a BUNCH of them).

Can someone please give some insight on the  more global overhaul mods like SkyrimRedone ? I really enjoyed the depthness it added to the gameplay and balance, is it still the best one out there or are there alternatives available now? I remember SkyRE was pretty hard to get SkyRE to work with some mods, especially armor/weapons.
 Also, same question for the Civil War overhaul mod.

P.S. oh and one more thing, i remember i dl/ed a LOT of graphic mods and enbs, the biggest download was a huge retexture pack.. any advices on that ?
P.P.S. Which combat overhaul mod works better with Skyre or in general ? Deadly combat , ulltimate combat, duel-combat realism ?

Your suggestions and advices are very welcome . :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:02:13 pm by Ujin »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »
+1
For SkyRe, I used Deadly Combat for a very long time, because I liked the stagger on each hit, but now I think it lasts too long and can be abused against bots. Ultimate Combat doesn't have stagger with every hit, but it has other nice features. I use UC with Locational Damage

For Civil War Overhaul, you have to start a new game. You can't install it (or uninstall it) in the middle of a game.

Other overhauls: Requiem, SPERG and Skyrim Unleashed.

For graphics, I use Phinix Natural ENB, Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Skyrim HD - 2K Textures and the official HD textures.

Skyrim Stability Guide and Speed and Stability Guide for ENB are new very helpful guides.

SSME - Skyrim Startup Memory Editor is incredible. Coupled with Phinix ENB, which works with latest 0.246 (and already includes ENBoost's tweaks), I haven't had a single CTD, unlike at the beginnings of Skyrim. Note: if you were already using Safety Load, uninstall it, since they aren't compatible, and SSME is much better.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:06:31 pm by Patoson »

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »
thanks a lot, will try it out ! Do you use Climates of Tamriel too ?

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »
thanks a lot, will try it out ! Do you use Climates of Tamriel too ?
Climates of Tamriel is a must have in my opinion. I just installed Realistic Vision ENB today, I'll tr ut out in the evening I guess.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2014, 01:28:37 pm »
No, I don't use it right now, but it's a nice mod. Make sure to try CoT Weather Patch if you use it. IIRC it was a nice addition.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2014, 01:55:34 pm »
Errr.. this might be a stupid question, but do i still need to use the reproccer whenever i install new armors/weapons if i have skyrim redone ? Immersive armors/weapons, unique uniques etc .

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »
Yeah. After you have installed all the new stuff, rebuild the bashed patch and run the Reproccer. For at least the Reproccer I'd rerun it every time you add any new mods.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2014, 07:58:56 pm »
I almost forgot: you could try Simple Melee Tweaks as combat mod too. It has stagger on each hit like DC but instead of a stagger it's an interruption like in cRPG (and you can still move), although player hits have to take at least 25% of NPC's life to interrupt.

I tried it for a bit and it's not bad, but the scripts seemed a bit laggy to me.

Edit: actually now I'm back to using Deadly Combat. Screw the other mods. No stagger, no fun! Also, DC allows you to tweak armor skill scaling, player and NPC weapon damage and other nice stuff that lets you balance the damage between you and the enemies.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:00:38 pm by Patoson »

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:12 pm »
Got a good mod comparision of graphic mods now, not many but effective and make your Skyrim look fantastic!
W.A.T.E.R (+ enhanced terrain in it)
Climates of Tamriel
Enhanced Blood Textures

My Skyrim now looks, especially in water terrain(e.g. Riverwood) fantastic with the W.A.T.E.R mod.
Now I am thinking of adding Elves Face mod because I think I'm going to replay Skyrim with an elv. Which one yould You recommend and what class for?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2014, 09:36:24 pm »
I'm a filthy and shallow min-maxer so I always pick Nord, then go hybrid with everything but magic. I switch to 1h+shield vs archers (or shoot them) and switch between light and heavy armor depending on the situation.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »
I use Requiem with almost nothing else.

It's really good, although the emphasis on role-playing is a little bit too much at times. If you don't have the perk to do something, you pretty much can't do it at all. Hence it's impossible to pick high level locks. It feels like your character is playing the game more than you are. Combat is pretty much the same. Either you can beat something, either you can't. There aren't many balanced fights.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »
The point for me is that I prefer being a specialized fighter so like mage, battlemage, 2 1h, 1h shield etc and don't know what to pick now (I love Miraak's style :P)
And what race to take :/

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:48 am »
+1

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:28 pm »
UUUgh, i need help..

Installed everything, bunch of mods, game runs smoothly , everything's fine.. except that i get 100 % CTDs in Falkreath region, starting from standing stones and further west. Looking for a solution to this rather irritating problem.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
+1
Installed everything, bunch of mods, game runs smoothly , everything's fine.. except that i get 100 % CTDs in Falkreath region, starting from standing stones and further west. Looking for a solution to this rather irritating problem.
#

hmmmm... think I had that once as well.... I THINK it was one of the wildlife mods.

Usually a mod that either

-spawns additional critters there
- or a quest trigger

Sometimes it is known which mod adds creatures or triggers to a specific region, if not, disable one by one until the CTDs are gone...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...