Author Topic: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !  (Read 42654 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 12:24:36 am »
+1
last couple of days were christmas for any Skyrim lover -

-  ENB 2.04 really deals with memory probs and makes gameplay much more smooth and stable and Opethfeldt has started to port his amazing old Opethfeldt 6 ENB preset to the new binaries

- "immersive interiors" fucking finally makes windows transparent, so you can see the outside and the sun does not shine in in the middle of night any more...

- "skyfalls" brings fully animated distant waterfalls, no more freaking weird frozen somethings in the landscape.

- "texture pack combiner" was updated after a loooong time and makes skyrim look better than ever before

Keep roaming the wild, Skyrim nerds!!!

((all on the nexus, ofc)))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:29:36 am by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2013, 06:59:03 pm »
+1
OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim adds new bandit types and spawns. You fight a lot more bandits on the roads. It's fun!

Immersive Questing is a WIP mod that will change the way you do quests: instead of following a marker on your compass, you will have to follow the instructions in your journal, which will be added as you talk with people related to the quests. It looks very promising!

Better Shaped Weapons makes swords thinner and "more realistic".

Customizable Camera lets you edit the third person camera, the FOV and the speed at which you switch cameras all in a MCM.

Fix for combat music makes combat music be played with every fight no matter your level.

Realistic Water Two is amazing. Check it out!

Deadly Combat was updated recently by the way and it's better than before.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
Apollodown has finally released stable versions of Civil War Overhaul and Dragon Combat Overhaul, and he has made another mod called Fire and Ice Overhaul, which looks really good too.

A new audio mod is out, similar to the old Sound Propagation Overhaul, but quite better in my opinion: Audio Overhaul for Skyrim. It tweaks the volume of a lot of sounds that was too low before and changes some sounds, like shooting with a bow. It's a very good mod.

Kick Bash replaces the bash animations with kicks.

By the way, CWO is the shit! I've fought in sieges in Riften and Morthal apart from Whiterun so far. There are new types of troops for each side and you can lose battles, which leads to having to defend another city (although I haven't lost a single siege yet). Despite the fact that it requires a new game, it's a mod you should all try.

Simple Melee Tweaks is something between Deadly Combat and Duke Patrick. I haven't tested it a lot, but I'm really liking it. You get staggered with every hit, like in Deadly Combat, but you can still move. Like in Warband, you can still move while being hit but your attacks are interrupted.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:49:27 am by Patoson »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2013, 02:09:07 pm »
+1
I really do not recognize this game any more, LOL (ok, apart from some well known oddities, bugs and glitches...)

ENB presets like "Somber Lut" or "Mistveil" or "Opethfeldt 7" make (combined with a well chosen set of texture/mesh mods) Skyrim look like a freaking movie.

For me this has added a great aspect: I love storytelling and writing (in German, my English sucks), and Skyrim screenies have now reached a quality that rivals "real" 3D art and can be perfectly used to illustrate picture stories. Which takes up quite a bit of my time recently ;-)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:12:14 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2013, 10:00:49 pm »
+1
Credo- Medieval Skyrim Overhaul hopes to replace all the vanilla armors of NPC's with more "medieval" ones. It looks great so far.

Populated Lands Roads Paths and its three "siblings" are amazing. You find a lot more NPC's in towns, on the road - everywhere - and they include "lite" script-free versions for stability and compatibility. Note: I had to uninstall Populated Forts Towers Places because I got CTD when entering Bleak Falls Barrow (when I disabled it, no CTD).

Enhanced Animation is a nice animation replacer.

Morrowloot is quite old now, but still a must-have mod.

Safety Load helps avoiding CTD and ILS (Infinite Load Screen). Pair it with ENBoost for a more stable gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:25:00 pm by Patoson »

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2014, 10:58:47 am »
+1
Saw this video when I checked steam... awesome imo! Extreme Archery

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mhPajkvofg
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »
Saw this video when I checked steam... awesome imo! Extreme Archery

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mhPajkvofg
And people complain about archery in crpg...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2014, 05:13:15 pm »
Finally decided to buy this game during steam winter sales.

I understand i need to mod it, else my experience will be really under what it could be.

What mod do you recommand, Patoson lists a lot of them, but i doubt having all of them is compatible. :S
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:31 pm »
I think that the essential mods are:
  • SkyUI changes all panels (inventory, magic,...) and provides the Mod Configuration menus some other mods make use of.
  • Categorized Favorites Menu gives a much more cozy favorites menu.
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the other unofficial patches if you need them.
  • Deadly Dragons lets you tweak dragons stats, add timed dragon assaults and other nice miscellaneous tweaks, like NPC respawn time.
  • Immersive Patrols adds more NPC's in the open world and some civil war battles (I haven't tested the new Civil War Overhaul with this yet, so I'm not sure if they are 100% compatible).
  • Immersive Armors if you want more nice armors (worn by NPC's as well).
  • Immersive Weapons for plenty new weapons NPC's carry as well.
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force to get rid of exaggerated ragdolls.
  • No Spinning Death Animation to get rid of that ridiculous move all human NPC's perform when they die.

For load order use BOSS and BUM to tell BOSS how to order mods it doesn't recognize. Load order is essential for mods to work properly.

You should also install and use Wrye Bash to generate a Bashed Patch, 0.esp so mods that alter levelled lists work together.
Just read the description of each mod carefully and you should be alright. Modding Skyrim is a pain in the arse, but, when you get it to work, it rocks.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2014, 11:23:11 pm »
Thank you for the quick answer.

I had actually read that post already, but since then, you had given a fair number of other mods, so i wasn't sure if that list had changed.

Do you believe it will be safe to add
OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim adds new bandit types and spawns. You fight a lot more bandits on the roads. It's fun!

to your essential mods list. It doesn't seem to come in conflict with any of the current ones.

I also heard "Deadly Dragons" could be replaced by the "Dragon Combat overhaul mod" that Oberyn spoke off.

I'll give the moding a go this week.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:13 am »
OBIS is not bad, but some of the bandits are just too hard for my taste (more "tanky" than cRPG tincans).

You can use both Deadly Dragons and DCO. In fact, it's what I do. The first one just lets you alter the stats and the second one changes the AI. They work together pretty well.

You can live without Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons, if it's your first playthrough, but, at least the first one is a nice addition.

Also Civil War Overhaul is a must-have for me now. It "unlocks" more content that the devs seemed to forget to add.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2014, 01:57:09 am »
You can never have enough skyrim mods  :mrgreen:

When Skyrim came out, my PC couldnt handle it due to low RAM capacity, only 4GB at that time, a month ago I upgraded my pc, and now I have 16GB ram

and...

180+ mods, my game is a new game.

New NPCs, New quests, New armours, EVERYTHING!!!

I fucking love skyrim, and all the modders out there that make it a better game!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:29 am »
Yeah, modders will always make games better.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2014, 04:29:37 pm »
You can never have enough skyrim mods  :mrgreen:

When Skyrim came out, my PC couldnt handle it due to low RAM capacity, only 4GB at that time, a month ago I upgraded my pc, and now I
I heard Skyrim is only able to carry 50 mods... 180 is bit too much, isn't it?

New NPCs, New quests, New armours, EVERYTHING!!!

I fucking love skyrim, and all the modders out there that make it a better game!
I heard Skyrim is only able to carry 50 mods...
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2014, 04:37:32 pm »
I heard Skyrim is only able to carry 50 mods...

That is semi-correct ;-)
Depends on the kind of mod - many mods, like texture replacers, do not count, since they just replace a couple of files. Others, using esm/esp files and/or scripts, add to the load and might make Skyrim unstable.

Using ENB (with or without a heavy graphics preset) for memory optimization and a tool like Mod Organizer for load order and minimum interference between mods you can easily have up to around 200 mods active. I am around 190 currently (from small texture mods to heavy gameplay modifiers) and Skyrim is running more stable than it used to do as plain vanilla... ;-)