Author Topic: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !  (Read 41033 times)

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
Re: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2014, 04:39:23 pm »
Didn't know that, thanks!
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2014, 12:02:02 am »
I'm a bit troubled.

I'm not new to Nexus, and already downloaded mods, that i just had to extract correctly in a mod folder of the base game.
Or
I used steam workshop, for example with RTW:2, and everything was done by itself.

But here i am with Skyrim :

I got a couple of mods from the steam workshop, and they don't seem to appear in my  Wrye Bash. Do i have to do something special with them, or are they "always" fine, no matter the load number ?
Also downloaded 33 mods from Nexus (but the Nexus Mod Manager couldn't be downloaded), that i plan on using with BOSS, BOSS GUI, Wrye Bash and the BOSS Userlist Manager.

As i understood things :
-BOSS Userlist Manager is used to save your load priority settings, so as not to do it with BOSS every single time.
-BOSS opens up a strange internet window, where i can't do anything... (already checked the game when asked for)
-BOSS GUI opens up the graphical tool tip to actually manage BOSS easily, without using Python.
-Wrye Bash is also a graphical tool, to effectively list and view "all" your mods for your current game, and eventually check or unchecked them (and also provides the Bashed Patch, 0.esp, wich is necessary for better compatibility).

I haven't extracted any of the 33 Nexus mods yet (that's for tomorrow), but i guess i'll have to, in the appropriate folders (Data, etc...) AND "add" them to Wrye Bash and/or BOSS.

Once all this is done, i'll just launch SKYRIM-SKSE, and enjoy the game.

Did i get this right ? :S
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:32 am »
First you download your mods with Nexus Mod Manager (much easier than manually), you install them all, then run BOSS. If BOSS doesn't recognize an .esp, then you can use BUM to create a place for it so the next time BOSS is run it will assign it that place.

Always run BOSS whenever you add a mod. And when you add a mod that changes leveled lists (add/change stuff of NPC's), you have to re-create Bashed Patch, 0.esp with Wrye Bash.

I have no idea about Steam Workshop though. I never used it.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »
+1
Thanks for the tips.
I downloaded most of them manually, except the latest ones and the ones that were impossible without NMM (such as new Lunari race for example).

I'm having a good stable game, with great graphics. And have only died 10 times so far (no idea who is dangerous or not, since i can't see the name of the opponent before attacking him, damn hellhound, i knew he was looking strange. Also got a damn Vampire sneaking in a town, just after my fast travel, i wounded the guard with a fire AoE, and he decided to kill me for it... for 40 gold bounty... seriously...).

And i got my head crushed in one hit by a Giant. I'm loving it so far. xD Just need to know more about the lore and creatures, to know when to run away.^^
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »
Oh, I forgot! If you don't like the spammy combat system (where attacks don't interrupt), check out Deadly Combat (must-have for me).

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2014, 10:44:51 pm »
Redid it all, since i had two bugs, with NMM this time completely, and not using Steam Workshop at all.

The minor bug i had, was the first dragon's body falling off the sky (with still the flesh, not only bones) occasionnally when i changed zone. Was... intriguing.

The bug kind of game breaking one, is endless stamina... When i run, and it depletes, i can't run anymore, and it recharges.
But here (i use SPERG for new perks), i went for archery with the slow mo when zooming and :
-no zoom. Stamina depletes super fast, while it's actually freezing time. Can still hold the freeze, even with no stamina. When letting it go, i can move, shoot and all, and 1 or 2 seconds later, time goes back to normal.
Problem is, stamina doesn't regenerate afterwards, my stamina bar remains empty BUT i can still run around, power attack, re-freeze, etc... endlessly. I tried to run, and... i could indefinitely.
Skyrim with no stamina would be meh... No idea if it's SPERG causing that, just this special perk, or what.

Any of you used SPERG and this Steady Hand or whatever archery skill for slow-mo, and not encountering this problem ?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
I don't know about SPERG, but the dragon corpse appearing all of a sudden when loading a game or changing zone belongs to the game, not a mod. Just open the console, click on the dragon, enter "disable" and, if it disappears (which means you clicked on the dragon correctly and not something else), enter "markfordelete".

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »
+1
Thanks for the tip. Damn body was following me, at night, i was a bit afraid.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »
+1
Guards of the Hold replaces the armors for all guards with very cool ones. Recommended to use with "Rebirth of an Empire" and "The Stormcloak Rebellion" mods from Steam Workshop. Edit: I have installed Credo and then "Rebirth of an Empire" and "The Stormcloak Rebellion" - these two I've placed them after Credo.esp in the load order - and I have Credo's guards' armors plus civil war armors from the other two. Awesome combination (I didn't like Imperial armours from "Credo" or guards' armours from "Guards of the Hold" much). Here's a screenshot of me wearing the new Stormcloak armour (gloves and boots are Dawnguard light set) and my followers wearing the new Imperial heavy armour (all three from those two mods at Workshop):
(click to show/hide)

Combine replacer mods like these with Morrowloot (which removes/hides most "fantasy" armours) for a different gameplay.

By the way, I just realised that you can use Bashed Patch, 0.esp (from Wrye Bash) to edit some game settings, like arrow speed, timescale, max resistance (at 100% blocking really blocks all damage), etc. under Tweak settings tab (right-click on Bashed Patch, 0.esp, Rebuild patch).

Equipping Overhaul makes all your "favorited" weapons visibly sheathed on your character (like the .ini tweak "gearedup" but without bugs). It's awesome! Combine it with Belt-Fastened Quivers so the arrow quiver won't overlap the 2h weapon you might have.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:06:27 pm by Patoson »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2014, 07:08:45 pm »
+3
Skyrim Stability Guide and Speed and Stability Guide for ENB are new very helpful guides.

Natural Lighting and Atmospherics for ENB looks really good, to be used with latest ENB version and without RLO/ELFX and/or CoT. Edit: I have tried it and didn't like it much.

I'm going to try Phinix Natural ENB instead, which is more similar to vanilla. Edit: wow! This is the best ENB I have ever seen. I love it.

SSME - Skyrim Startup Memory Editor is incredible. Coupled with Phinix ENB, which works with latest 0.246 (and already includes ENBoost's tweaks), I haven't had a single CTD, unlike at the beginnings of Skyrim. Note: if you were already using Safety Load, uninstall it, since they aren't compatible, and SSME is much better.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:07:56 pm by Patoson »

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »
Thinking of playing it again, but don't know what race and class...
I have already played Nord, Bretone and Khajiit...
I know I can play every class after some time but what's cool to be specialized on and what race to play with then?
Greetings!

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »
:rolleyes:

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2014, 07:02:14 pm »
:rolleyes:
Have you played an assassin/thief/stealth character yet? It's extremely fun till you get sneak up to level 100 with all perks, after that it's simply OP. But yeah I'm pretty sure you already played something like that...
To be honest there isn't much difference between the classes anyway. What about mods that drastically change the gameplay? Like Skyrim Redone. I'm sure vanilly Skyrim will bore you soon enough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2014, 07:09:31 pm »
Have you played an assassin/thief/stealth character yet? It's extremely fun till you get sneak up to level 100 with all perks, after that it's simply OP. But yeah I'm pretty sure you already played something like that...
To be honest there isn't much difference between the classes anyway. What about mods that drastically change the gameplay? Like Skyrim Redone. I'm sure vanilly Skyrim will bore you soon enough.
Nah not boring, played 270 hours like that but yes, I akready played that;(
What about elves?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2014, 11:11:09 pm »
+1
SSME - Skyrim Startup Memory Editor is incredible. Coupled with Phinix ENB, which works with latest 0.246 (and already includes ENBoost's tweaks), I haven't had a single CTD, unlike at the beginnings of Skyrim. Note: if you were already using Safety Load, uninstall it, since they aren't compatible, and SSME is much better.

The memory patch is an absolute must have. I can run with uGrid set to 11 without ever crashing, which is awesome. Together with grass mods, this brings an enormous improvement to the exteriors.