Author Topic: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !  (Read 41109 times)

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
Re: Xzibit pimped my Skyrim !
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2013, 05:15:53 pm »
"Duke Patrick - Heavy Archery and Weapons Combat" and "Deadly Mutilation - dismemberment blood and gore" are working together without any problems?

@Patoson
You wrote that "Deadly Mutilation" doesn't work with custom armors. Is there some armor pack which is working with that mod?

Also, I never play Skyrim. So for the first time I will install Skyrim Legendary. I see there is a hundred mods for this game, but I will install just few of them.
I would be grateful if someone experienced could recommend me a couple mods (possible realistic - without magic, medieval set), like: good map, combat (I will try Duke Patrick), armors (if there some medieval pack) ...
I see there is Nexus Mod Manager, and I will try install mods with that program (if that is good way to install mods).
Also I would be grateful for mod load order  :)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »
Woah that sounds awesome... any recommendations which other mods to add?
You should at least get the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the other unofficial patches if you need them and Deadly Mutilation.

In my last posts I've mentioned the mods I used in my last playthrough with SkyRe and other mods in further posts. You can try the perk overhauls ACE or SPERG instead of SkyRe.

"Duke Patrick - Heavy Archery and Weapons Combat" and "Deadly Mutilation - dismemberment blood and gore" are working together without any problems?

@Patoson
You wrote that "Deadly Mutilation" doesn't work with custom armors. Is there some armor pack which is working with that mod?

Also, I never play Skyrim. So for the first time I will install Skyrim Legendary. I see there is a hundred mods for this game, but I will install just few of them.
I would be grateful if someone experienced could recommend me a couple mods (possible realistic - without magic, medieval set), like: good map, combat (I will try Duke Patrick), armors (if there some medieval pack) ...
I see there is Nexus Mod Manager, and I will try install mods with that program (if that is good way to install mods).
Also I would be grateful for mod load order  :)
Sorry for not being very clear. It just doesn't work for even all vanilla armors yet, so, for example, NPC's in Immersive Armors won't be affected. I mostly mutilate bandits in light vanilla armors, but it's really worth it.

I think that the essential mods are:
  • SkyUI changes all panels (inventory, magic,...) and provides the Mod Configuration menus some other mods make use of.
  • Categorized Favorites Menu gives a much more cozy favorites menu.
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the other unofficial patches if you need them.
  • Deadly Dragons lets you tweak dragons stats, add timed dragon assaults and other nice miscellaneous tweaks, like NPC respawn time.
  • Immersive Patrols adds more NPC's in the open world and some civil war battles (I haven't tested the new Civil War Overhaul with this yet, so I'm not sure if they are 100% compatible).
  • Immersive Armors if you want more nice armors (worn by NPC's as well).
  • Immersive Weapons for plenty new weapons NPC's carry as well.
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force to get rid of exaggerated ragdolls.
  • No Spinning Death Animation to get rid of that ridiculous move all human NPC's perform when they die.

For load order use BOSS and BUM to tell BOSS how to order mods it doesn't recognize.

You could just go here and browse through the most endorsed mods.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:47:21 pm by Patoson »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »
Ok I will try, thanks for the recommendations.
If I install Skyrim Legendary, do I need to install Unofficial Skyrim Patches? Are these patches included in the Legendary Edition, or do I need to install the Legendary and then patches?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2013, 05:41:08 pm »
Sorry, as I wrote the previous post you had replied, and you have replied again while I was editing it :D

The Unofficial Patches are mods that fix a lot of bugs Bethesda forgot to fix.

And if you decide to try Duke, make sure you read the instructions carefully. It's a bit complicated to install and use. And it modifies light and heavy armor, light and heavy weapons, and archery perk trees (combat trees), so you can't use other perk overhauls with it, at least if they change those.

Edit: edited the previous post to talk about the load order. :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:47:52 pm by Patoson »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2013, 05:55:51 pm »
Thanks for answer, that is post I was expecting. :D

I will try that mods, and I will be free to ask you for help, If I get stuck somewhere.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »
Or feel free to read the mods' descriptions and forums and use google to find out yourself like I did.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:56 am »
+1
Np. already figure out and install what I want. Thanks for help.  :D

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »
Try HiAlgo for a FPS boost and RCRN :)

Also I definetly prefer ACE over SkyRe.
I can't believe I didn't listen to you on RCRN. It's the most realistic I've ever seen - pity I hadn't tried it before.

(click to show/hide)

And concerning ACE and SkyRe, I prefer SkyRe because ACE relies solely on power-attacks whereas SkyRe lets you increase your overall damage.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2013, 07:41:16 pm »
I'm a big fan of the Dragon Combat overhaul mod, I think it makes dragon fights appropriately challenging. It doesn't modify dragons through stat manipulations and buffs, just gives them a lot better combat AI, making them exploit vanilla dragon attacks they would otherwise almost never use, makes them faster on the ground, and most importantly dragons flying overhead, landing nearby or taking off nearby have a real weight and power to them, enough to knock you around like the puny human ragdoll you are. Protip, don't fight dragons near cliffs or high ledges.
The Civil War overhaul is buggy as fuck for me however, I can't seem to get beyond the jagged crown quests for either side before the whole thing starts bugging out, giving out quests for the other side, mixxing up Legate Rikke with Ganmar, sending you to attack areas that don't update the quest, etc. I gave up on it for now, maybe after a few versions it'll be more stable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:58 pm »
Hmm...I guess it is time to make a copy of Skyrim as I have it now and hammer RCRN over it.

Got a customized Realistic Lighting, ELFX and ENB which make the game look awesome allready.
Now if they implemented a good looking DOF that does not hunger for ressources as the ENB one does plus they did so many other fixes...it might look EVEN better.

Will post screens later if it all works out.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2013, 12:56:34 pm »
+1
I used the tent mod thing, I somewhat RP'd around Tamriel, for me having an actual tent i could set up greatly enhanced the immersion.

It also had a campfire with cooking thingies, which was awesome.

Also there was a mod, I forgot the name, that added in hunger, hypothermia and that sort of thing.

If you like to RP in Skyrim i'd suggest not using fast travel and don't power quest, imo not rushing through the story line makes the game far more enjoyable!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline v/onMega

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2013, 09:16:53 pm »
No way RCRN is gonna replace my visual preset.

Nice try, sure...but no WAY NEAR the visuals I have with my setup.

Will post unchanged standard shots of THAT later on.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2013, 09:51:48 pm »
I'd love to see those pics, but I'm yet to see an ENB that doesn't kill framerate.  :(

Offline v/onMega

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2013, 03:01:00 am »
+2
Obviously, no machine, no frames. Been lazy..here they are..."random" shots after fasttravel...

Dawn when night changes to daytime (obviously looks different mostly every time):

Your random nightscene with or without torch + @ daylight

In the woods:

Whiterun rainy/Jorrvaskr/@Home with Lydia and Vilja:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:52:22 am by v/onMega »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »
Check out this mod! I've been using it for a couple of hours with high settings and many mods and no crashes so far. Supposedly it prevents CTD due to use of lots of HD texture mods and stuff, but I'm not sure if it can be used with other ENB's.

I'm currently using RealVision ENB. It's made for Climates of Tamriel and Realistic Lighting Overhaul (which I am using) or Enhanced Lights and FX. I use the performance version of CoT+RLO and it looks quite realistic, at least much better than without an ENB, and sunrays are awesome.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:07:29 pm by Patoson »