Poll

Your opinion on the turn rate nerf?

I like it.
70 (27.3%)
I liked it how it was.
130 (50.8%)
I'd prefer adjustments to the current settings (please state which).
56 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf  (Read 10449 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Turn rate nerf
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »
It actually made dueling with a pike a hell of a lot easier against the good players. Much MUCH easier to force attack directions now, so getting a 180 helicopter in is quite easy excepting in the case of the very best players, or players that are very experienced at fighting such moves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2012, 08:07:37 pm »
I don't get it. Does this only apply to one-handers or something? Because I've been landing tons of overheads with my Longsword lately. But then, I used to fight with a German Poleaxe, so maybe it only seems easy in comparison, because I NEVER got overheads with that thing.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2012, 02:20:59 am »
+1
Or step to the left or right yourself and laugh as your weapon collides with their head. If I can consistently land overheads with the long maul in a duel, (the slowest overheading weapon in the game by a large margin) regular people can do it with a 90-something speed sword.
Except that the slower the weapon is, the longer duration the overhead release animation, which directly correlates to how long you have to turn your swing. Fast, short weapons are by far harder to land overheads with than long, slow weapons.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2012, 03:00:40 am »
Except that the slower the weapon is, the longer duration the overhead release animation, which directly correlates to how long you have to turn your swing. Fast, short weapons are by far harder to land overheads with than long, slow weapons.

<--- Main is a 1-hander. Has no problem with overheads.

Offline Rockerjesse

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Have you bled yet?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • Game nicks: Jesse_of_Zendar Jesse_the_Hobozerk
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2012, 03:27:02 am »
They nerfed the attacks that are the hardest in warband to land by making them even more difficult to land.  The overhead is the slowest attack and is easy to block while the stab always glances if you are too close and far away is easy to block.  The nerfs were uncalled for as these attack directions were already balanced before crpg messed with them.
Total deaths from riderless horses: 27

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2012, 05:00:06 am »
+1
<--- Main is a 1-hander. Has no problem with overheads.
Define "no problem". 80%? 90%? And that's more, or less than before the change? If less, explain why it needed to be nerfed in the first place, because I still can't find a single thing that was remotely unfair about the previous 1h overhead mechanics.

Regardless of whether or not you say you have no problems with landing them, it doesn't change the fact that short fast weapons are harder to land the overhead with than long, slow weapons. I wasn't aware that short, fast weapons were overpowered and thus in need of a nerf. Last I checked, they were among the lesser used weapons (not counting the katana, because weaboo).
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2012, 05:19:05 am »
+1
Don't forget all the people that left because of the nerf and won't be counted in the poll.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2012, 05:36:59 am »
Don't forget all the people that left because of the nerf and won't be counted in the poll.

Faithless rabble!

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2012, 05:47:56 am »
+6
Define "no problem". 80%? 90%? And that's more, or less than before the change? If less, explain why it needed to be nerfed in the first place, because I still can't find a single thing that was remotely unfair about the previous 1h overhead mechanics.

Regardless of whether or not you say you have no problems with landing them, it doesn't change the fact that short fast weapons are harder to land the overhead with than long, slow weapons. I wasn't aware that short, fast weapons were overpowered and thus in need of a nerf. Last I checked, they were among the lesser used weapons (not counting the katana, because weaboo).

I rarely miss overheads. If you know your weapon speed and you can judge where your opponent is going it's pretty easy to put it on target. I think a lot of people have problems because their athletics is too low. I'd say the majority of 1-handers in NA only have 5 athletics, are carrying heavy shields and wear moderately heavy armor. Of course you'll have problems maneuvering. Also, who ever said anything about being fair? The new mechanic requires more skill to pull off, which is a good thing. You need to have good footwork, familiarity with your weapon and the ability to respond to other people's movements. Not just the ability to move your mouse fast.

I was also the first one to comment that the turnspeed nerf hurt 1-handers more than any other weapon class. I even made pictures as to why that is. After playing with it for a while though, I came to really like the change.

I still find it easier to land overheads with my 1-hander than with the long maul. The long maul is easier to dodge and harder to adjust when fighting with teammates. With a 1-hander if I'm going for an overhead on a guy behind me, I can spin around (which won't be effected by the nerf 'cause I haven't swung yet) swing at the last second and hit the guy before he can react. I can't do that with the long maul as I need to swing when the opponent is roughly in the middle so that I have as much turning movement as possible to adjust for his movement.

With the old turning speed, you could dodge some baddie with a great maul and then he turns his mouse at the last second and drags the thing onto your foot, killing you. That's stupid. Now you can still land overheads easy, you just have to change the way you do it. If you use the movement keys to make large adjustments and the mouse for small adjustments you'll hit the target consistently.

I'm sure the devs will do something though just to stop the never ending tears coming from the forums. God forbid someone has to learn a new way of doing something.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:06 am »
+2
I'd much rather have the old spinstabbing back than the weird ass glitchy insta-stabs that most weapons have these days. Turn rate nerf broke more than it fixed, which was pikes and mauls

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2012, 12:00:12 pm »
Screwed up swinging my spear around peoples blocks with my hoplite. So yeah revert it in my opinion.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Please for the love of god remove the turnspeed nerf
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2012, 12:44:43 pm »
+4
it's absolutely terrible, makes it impossible to do about a thousand moves with my build, and about 10,000 other builds. Adds nothing to the game.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Please for the love of god remove the turnspeed nerf
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
+1
it's absolutely terrible, makes it impossible to do about a thousand moves with my build, and about 10,000 other builds. Adds nothing to the game.

Well, i would love it, since i use long spear a lot and the turnspeed nerf makes it very hard to abuse it (Not impossible, though =P), but thinking about everybody else...don't!
Just nerf it so short weapons are not affected as hard as pikes and stuff. =P

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2012, 02:30:17 pm »
Well, as an avid user of thrusts and overheads I feel a bit gimped when I can't use either one of them fully in a situation of 1v1 or more. Most of the times when I do use it I end up missing and they run around me hitting me as I glance on them. Neither does this nerf make people appreciate melee anymore.

FIX PLS
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Duvain

• Nooblord
  • Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bro
  • Game nicks: marthastewart
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:49 pm »
who cares nerds