Author Topic: Whack A$@ Zashi?  (Read 9410 times)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
Re: Whack A$@ Zashi?
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
I never liked the fact that cRPG attracts so many weeaboos but I have to admit that I was lucky being part of community which has people like Khorin. Having him as part of this community makes up for 20 whiny naruto kids.

Stop hati- wait what?

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2012, 11:02:44 pm »
+1
The "you should be glad that there's even X and stop asking for X to be balanced" argument is ridiculous.  It could be applied to literally anything that exists.  To put it another way, perfect should not be the enemy of good.

Paying for style is something that's done only in the case of purely aesthetic garb and equipment with poor stats.  No one fought in a wedding dress or a noble outfit and no one carried a torch into battle as their primary weapon.  That's why they're overpriced; you're paying to be ludicrous.  This should not be applicable to any Japanese-style weapons or armor currently in the game, as they were all created and used for function alone.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »
+2
This should not be applicable to any Japanese-style weapons or armor currently in the game, as they were all created and used for function alone.

Yeah but shipping them to Calradia did cost a heapload of gold and even in top notch nord turbodrakkars the poor steel tends to become dull.

There you, awesome RP explaining why japanese stuff sucks in cRPG.

Also, it doesn't actually suck. The light strange armor was the absolute best archer armor for a very long time.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:12 am »
I don't know, I've argued against every argument in this thread. No one has come up with any reasonable counter argument. Just more trolling.

I've argued why the wakizashi is too expensive (EVEN considering there is a weeaboo tax or style tax or ugly tax or whatever the fuck it's called) in about two or three pages worth of text.

It has been compared to noble robes before, and the argument is that the wakizashi is NOT a noble's weapon, and was produced cheaply enough for peasants and the lower class to purchase.

It has been compared to the torch, and the argument is that the wakizashi is NOT a fun item used for special effects like smoke bombs or other "fun" items. It is a weapon that was used to actually kill people. If the community wants to turn it into a useless "fun" weapon, then even still, nerf it and make it as cheap as the other "fun" weapons.

The weeaboo tax or import theory tax isn't a fair argument either, as no other Japanese weapon or armor is as ridiculously expensive as the wakizashi for its stats.

Aside from all the trolling, are there any arguments that I have missed?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 02:16:25 pm »
I don't know, I've argued against every argument in this thread. No one has come up with any reasonable counter argument. Just more trolling.

I've argued why the wakizashi is too expensive (EVEN considering there is a weeaboo tax or style tax or ugly tax or whatever the fuck it's called) in about two or three pages worth of text.

It has been compared to noble robes before, and the argument is that the wakizashi is NOT a noble's weapon, and was produced cheaply enough for peasants and the lower class to purchase.

It has been compared to the torch, and the argument is that the wakizashi is NOT a fun item used for special effects like smoke bombs or other "fun" items. It is a weapon that was used to actually kill people. If the community wants to turn it into a useless "fun" weapon, then even still, nerf it and make it as cheap as the other "fun" weapons.

The weeaboo tax or import theory tax isn't a fair argument either, as no other Japanese weapon or armor is as ridiculously expensive as the wakizashi for its stats.

Aside from all the trolling, are there any arguments that I have missed?

No, you won the argument. I don't have any medal though.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2012, 07:57:44 pm »
I can't agree with any of arguments of RP and stuff like that
that weapon simply need buff or prize rework.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2012, 11:06:29 am »
I think the only sensible buff is to remove all weaboo items from the game
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:04 pm »
+1
I think the only sensible buff is to remove all weaboo items from the game

That would increase the value of all the remaining weaboo items.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2012, 03:12:15 pm »
Almost as tragic as his lack of fashion sense. Kuyak and Warmask... then says the wakizashi is ugly.
Waki is ugly, coolest ugly weapon ingame, like old black armor ugly, that's why I love my waki, don't make it 0 slot, don't decrease its price, don't buff it in any way, fuck ninjas.
Melee weapon I've been using for several weeks on the char I play the most is a waki btw, so fuck off bitches and fake ass assholes who think the waki is just an accesory to you my old friends and your fucking my old friendtanas all you ninjas with my old friendtanas are the gayest players on earth and the 1# guys I'd permaban if I got to pick, and NO YOUR STAB IS STILL OP AS HELL EVEN THOUGH ITS STATS ARE SHIT DUE TO THE OP 2H ANIMATION, NOW FUCK OFF.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2012, 04:40:38 pm »
Waki is ugly, coolest ugly weapon ingame, like old black armor ugly, that's why I love my waki, don't make it 0 slot, don't decrease its price, don't buff it in any way, fuck ninjas.
Melee weapon I've been using for several weeks on the char I play the most is a waki btw, so fuck off bitches and fake ass assholes who think the waki is just an accesory to you my old friends and your fucking my old friendtanas all you ninjas with my old friendtanas are the gayest players on earth and the 1# guys I'd permaban if I got to pick, and NO YOUR STAB IS STILL OP AS HELL EVEN THOUGH ITS STATS ARE SHIT DUE TO THE OP 2H ANIMATION, NOW FUCK OFF.

Zlisch why you hatin' so much?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »
Zlisch why you hatin' so much?
Dude, when I write in pink text I'm joking.
But seriously, thinking the waki is just an accesorry is fucking retarded, it's half decent.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:12 am »
+1

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48:42 am »
+2

no joke italian falchion is a BOSS sword, i used to use it when i was a 1h my old friend (i know you didnt post that but god i love that thing)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2012, 04:55:43 am »
no joke italian falchion is a BOSS sword, i used to use it when i was a 1h my old friend (i know you didnt post that but god i love that thing)

Italian weapons tend to be pretty boss in this mod, not gonna lie.