Author Topic: Kinda sad without weeaboos  (Read 6997 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Kinda sad without weeaboos
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:42 pm »
Perhaps my argument above should be limited to a general rather than specific(IE you) person.

Could be, I am definitely not speaking for others. I try to not be racist, but on the other hand you can't expect someone to like everything.

And to be honest, I do like the Asian people very much. Although this is probably a racist generalization as well, but I think they are very capable, humble, self-sacrificing and pleasant company in general. And I do like their food very much. It's just their "pop-culture" and "media" I can't get along with a single bit.

I like the dark, dirty, realistic western style. That's all. I don't like turned in, colourful, fancy, or exaggerations which cross the line to ridiculousness. I hope you understand that.

Joker I think you are very lame. At least Ninjas has always been part of cRPG, and will always exist in some form or another..

Besides, Ninja was always about having a distinct style, and also to create a challenge for yourself. None of us in Ninja are japanophiles. There's not a single pop cultural japanese image in our 2 year old forums.. You are just reading into your own prejudices as of who plays Ninja.

Forgive me, if you feel offended, especially you are the last one I'd like to offend, Thomek.

But on the other hand, please understand that if I see someone who reenacts Ninjas for several years now, I conclude that he must be a fanboy in one way or another. And combined with all the other weeaboos you encounter on the internet and even in your RL, it was just the closest assumption.

And as I said, I like the idea of people roleplaying what they enjoy most, instead of just being opportunistic and sticking with the most powerful stuff.

It's just that the weeaboo stuff fits the least into the rest of the items. And I don't know the reason for that. As I said, if there would be more cultures, time periods and whatever, weeaboos wouldn't annoy me at all, next to pirates, Indians and Romans. But seeing a mod which has exclusively items from 500-1500 a.D. from the area of Europe and the middle East (which is still quite clearly defined) and then a hand full of items from the other corner of the world, I just get the impression that it is out of place.

And if it comforts you: if it was not to be weeaboo stuff, but let's say  Indian-Indian or American-Indian or Inuit or Aboriginee stuff, I would complain as well. It's not even me preferring a certain culture. I just see the developers first giving a rather clear frame about the "setting" of the game, and then breaking it with certain items, and I don't see the reason for it.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I feel you are defending yourself. I am disappointed I made you think you need to defend yourself. All I said is that I don't like weeaboo stuff ingame for various reasons, and that I am happy that there isn't so much of it any more. This doesn't mean I am attacking anybody as a person or want people to stop doing what they like. But if the developers give the setting of Eurasia 500-1500 a.D., and then add Japanese stuff, I call something wrong. On the other hand, if they add Chinese and Indian stuff, to "connect" those two spheres with each other, you can be sure I will not only shut the fuck up, I will also stop seeing the Japanese stuff as out of place. I won't start liking or even equipping it, but sure as hell I will even support adding new stuff, to increase variety, as it wouldn't be any more at the cost of "style".

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 09:53:12 pm »
Hardly offended. As an admin, people often try to desperately offend me and people calling me a weaboo is nothing new. EDIT: And I do not mean to imply that you were trying to offend me.

Just thought I should correct your view on the nature of the clan, since you obviously thought the subject important enough to warrant such a long post.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:56:14 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 10:21:13 pm »
The real nerf to ninja and other skirmisher, is archer learning to block.
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 02:24:04 am »
I like the dark, dirty, realistic western style. That's all. I don't like turned in, colourful, fancy, or exaggerations.

Are you insecure about your SEXUALITY?

But on the other hand, please understand that if I see someone who reenacts Ninjas for several years now, I conclude that he must be a fanboy in one way or another.

Reenactment... We are having FUN, that is all. Our humour has obviously not gotten to you. It is dry humoured roleplay with a trolling edge.. Aimed exactly at those getting silly romantic over the Euro-knights.

Also.. I think you want another game. This IS c-RPG. Even without Ninjas people would dress up in the most awful combos imaginable. I'd go as far as saying Ninjas define what crpg is in a sense, since without them it would just be another bland medieval unimaginative combat sim.. Which would also attract the wrong kind of people etc etc.. Shiny knight with greatsword is cool for about 3 seconds, and so are most of the other "standard" outfits. The genre has been beaten to death. That's why crpg is so refreshing in all its wonderful colors.  :wink:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 05:15:36 am »
I tried converting my knights into samurai, and I'm never going to give up!
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 05:44:08 am »
I tried converting my knights into samurai, and I'm never going to give up!

when you going to join RL Zoleta?

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 06:06:03 am »
when you going to join RL Zoleta?

RL is silly
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 08:39:33 am »
Could be, I am definitely not speaking for others. I try to not be racist, but on the other hand you can't expect someone to like everything.

And to be honest, I do like the Asian people very much. Although this is probably a racist generalization as well, but I think they are very capable, humble, self-sacrificing and pleasant company in general. And I do like their food very much. It's just their "pop-culture" and "media" I can't get along with a single bit.

I like the dark, dirty, realistic western style. That's all. I don't like turned in, colourful, fancy, or exaggerations which cross the line to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2SzGUwaMI

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 10:08:35 am »
Are you insecure about your SEXUALITY?

Are you trying to recruit me?  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2SzGUwaMI

Wow, now that's terrible. But while this is (still) a bad exception among a few, it's still not comparable to the extend of weirdness in Japanese TV.

I know there is a lot of bullshit in western pop culture, too. But I like a few things of it nonetheless, while I still have to find something from Asian pop culture that I'd like. Again, it's a matter of taste.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 10:31:51 am »
I've tried to be a ninja on my main for one map. Used Robe, Leather Gloves, Khergit Leather Boots and Black Hood with Mask as armour and Mace as a weapon. I made 19-3 KD (but I wasn't on the top of scoreboards anyway, didn't have that much points as clusterhuggers) and I'd say it's really difficult to play. 10 PD archers with their machinegun arbalest shots make you dead before you can reach them (15-29 9 athletics), not because I can't evade shots - sometimes i think that if I will run straight, they would have the same chance to shoot me. But when I reach them - noone stays alive and that's pretty cool.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
+1
(Classic hollywood ninja movie)

Most ninjas ninjas grew up with the hollywood ninjas, and thats whats recreated in cRPG, it might not be realistic, but its damn fun.
So calling them weeaboos and anime-lovers (although there is about zero animes with ninjas in that particular style, yeah i searched) is ridiculous.

However, more people should try a generation or two as a ninja, no better way to get that adrenaline pumping.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:22:33 pm by Babelfish »

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 09:23:44 pm »
Ninjaing is pretty viable, if you aren't playing on EU_1.

I can understand why there so many people playing on that mindless server, they only builds that do a difference there are archers and cavalry.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »
I also miss weeaboos, i always like the white lamellar + black hood and katana combo. Also samurai armour + the heavyhitting nodachi was also pretty cool, never see that weapon anymore except when leshma used it a few months ago... :/
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »
+2
But if the developers give the setting of Eurasia 500-1500 a.D., and then add Japanese stuff, I call something wrong.

Except it went more like: The developers started with the native armours (which already included the strange armours), then added a whole bunch of new stuff, leading to people thinking the "setting" is 500-1500 eurasia, while never really increasing the asian selection of armours (quite possibly because there never were any good armour packs that could be added).
Your whole idea of the devs selecting 500-1500 eurasia as a "setting" and then adding asian gear is just completely wrong. Besides, haven't the devs already confirmed they're going to be adding parts of the chinese armour pack?