Author Topic: EU1 These Days.  (Read 15822 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: EU1 These Days.
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:15 am »
+1
Look ofcourse AU isn't anything special no one plays on it. Anyway everyone knows EU is the worst.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2012, 08:30:41 am »
+3
I went through all pages.

Most arguements are valid.
Archery is a pain since 2010.
Back then, I countered with a 27/27 2h build. Boy, it was fun to outmaneuver groups of archers and oneslashkill 4 or 5 of them.

It was demanding to select a good position on the battlefield.
The game got a lot slower, running around aint as fast, aware archers gain more time to shoot (thats why they got nerfed too damagewhise).

Melee requires concentration, positioning and skill, even more without a shield.
Triple A Game is needed to kill more then 2 or 3 guys. Regardless of the class (1h, 2h and pole), melee is awesome.

Cavalary requires all that too, but lets be honest, its easy to benefit from the poor awareness of ppl. till about the end of the first half of a round.

Cav against aware ppl. faces the same problems that every class has to face.
It becomes a dicegame.

Now archery. Archery requires a different positioning, you have to think even further....and opposite to cav, it is more a class of the second half of the round.

Why? Ppl.  have taken damage allready, are easier to kill, less cav...obviously ppl. in spec will see those archers doing good then and get the impression that archers are op.

I tried archery, the fact that many shots that I see as clear hits, dont register, keeps me away from it.

IMO every class deserves the right to top the scoreboard.
Its doable with every of them, you are just forced to play it right.

In terms of possible lameness and cowardly looking behaviour, archery by far offers the highest potential.

Thats why archers are feared at best, but will never get the status of a melee hero.

But hell, how could they, their class doesnt allow it :-)

Time to respec to archer....just for the lulz.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2012, 01:41:16 pm »
+1
someone pls update the melee server !! it's a quiet place , and you can chat too without get shot in the meanwhile !!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
one day ill make the ultimate build and ill the ranged people shall feel my maximum wrath

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2012, 04:35:59 pm »
+1
I tried archery, the fact that many shots that I see as clear hits, dont register, keeps me away from it.

+ fucking one.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »
+3
People that were archers before did it despite not always getting a decent position on the scoreboard. Now we have dedicated archers as well as people who just want to score points while being able to survive easier over the whole course of a round. Longer you survive + longer you are able to put out damage = higher score. People naturally want to play classes that allow you to apply damage from distance with low risk but still good reward.

In current version of cRPG even the worst duelists get better score when they go pure melee instead of archery.

People switching to archers/xbows for higher score must be a joke. I have MW arbalest and MW bolts, and when I get mad at ranged score system I switch to pure melee with normal Miaodao, under 100wpf in 2H, 3 PS, and get higher score. With my melee skill.
Then I switch to STF shield+spear character (almost no armor - no gold for it) and get more points in one round than in four rounds as a crossbowman.

This cavalry/ranged/melee debate is as old as the game itself, and equally tedious, but as for scoring system the situation is pretty clear. Even when you see a ranged player in top5 (extremely rare) it's only because most of his points are from melee. And they would do much better if they were pure melee.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53:26 pm »
+12
Ranged in general score little points. Not because they do not contribute, but because the score system is broken. Shoot a plated guy off his horse, with a headshot? Woohoo, 3 points! Fuck yeah. Reload for ages, headshot another arbalester. 2 Points. Wow, I just took out two big threats on the enemy team, and was awarded an amazing 5 points for it! Oneshot Paul last night on his ninja, another two points.

To sum up: Killed a heavy horseman, another arbalester, and a "big" threat melee hero, and earned 7 points.

Do not use the point system to measure the power of ranged. Please.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2012, 04:55:41 pm »
Ranged in general score little points. Not because they do not contribute, but because the score system is broken. Shoot a plated guy off his horse, with a headshot? Woohoo, 3 points! Fuck yeah. Reload for ages, headshot another arbalester. 2 Points. Wow, I just took out two big threats on the enemy team, and was awarded an amazing 5 points for it! Oneshot Paul last night on his ninja, another two points.

To sum up: Killed a heavy horseman, another arbalester, and a "big" threat melee hero, and earned 7 points.

Very true, it seems they get way less points.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »
+4

Alright, but using kills or even the released "damage dealt in a month" stats means range is still garbage compared to anything else.

People simply just don't like the feeling of "losing control" when shot, simple as that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2012, 06:49:50 pm »
+2
Alright, but using kills or even the released "damage dealt in a month" stats means range is still garbage compared to anything else.

I don't understand why it is like this. Playing as a ranged character I feel more capable of killing any kind of class with the exception of shielders than on my melee character. Shielders I can run from, or with enough time kill in melee. Not to mention how much less at risk I am the entire time. Ranged kill melee monsters, which are worth ten times the "statistic damage" they did.

If you give someone with half a brain an 18 / 21 build and mw bow / arrows, or 15 / 24 mw arbalest, they are bound to do well. I really do not understand how people can do bad with those kind of setups.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2012, 08:03:36 pm »
+1
I don't understand why it is like this. Playing as a ranged character I feel more capable of killing any kind of class with the exception of shielders than on my melee character. Shielders I can run from, or with enough time kill in melee. Not to mention how much less at risk I am the entire time. Ranged kill melee monsters, which are worth ten times the "statistic damage" they did.

If you give someone with half a brain an 18 / 21 build and mw bow / arrows, or 15 / 24 mw arbalest, they are bound to do well. I really do not understand how people can do bad with those kind of setups.

Probably the same way my 21/18 unloomed level 30 shielder has almost zero problems against any range whatsoever or the way my two-hander/polehero characters almost always make it to the enemy without being shot, using half a brain.

Everyone has natural "strengths" that they find easier.

Congratulations, you are a naturally great range character, most people aren't to save their lives under the current system hence why most range players have rubbish performance.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »
+2
So, buff ranged because most archers suck?

And Tor is a decent archer, like any other skilled melee player trying the class, pretty much. It's easy to disrupt melee threats and eventually kill them. But archers are not the issue, the amount of them is.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline brianr1989

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Titan_IV
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »
Well Leonidas isn't wearing armour and still took 10+ arrows. He's obviously a slow ass str crutching my old friend.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:47 pm »
+2
But archers are not the issue, the amount of them is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 04:49:39 pm »
+4
Ranged is powerful because so long as there people alive on your team then you are automatically team playing no matter what.

2 melee players 30 yards apart can't do anything to help each other.
2 cav 30 yards apart can at least offer a threat to someone attacking one of them
2 archer 30 yards apart are already 100% team playing as anybody attacking one archer has to constantly look over their shoulder for the other archer.
1 archer and 1 anything else 30 yards apart isn't much different from 2 archers because the archer will kite until help can arrive.

The problem with this is that you cannot nerf teamplay and nerfing archer stats does not solve the problem and is unfair on the individual acrhers.

The answer (and this is coming from an archer) is to limit ammunition and then buff archers a bit so they can have some melee capability.  Make ammo 2 slots, make high tier bows 1 slot and low tier bows 0 slots.  If I only have 24 arrows max then I will either fire slower and make sure each shot counts or I will invest in melee, fire all my arrows and then get stuck in.  Either way it nerfs archer impact without nerfing archers