Author Topic: Knockdown  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Knockdown
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:20 am »
+1
Why don't you just..... block it?

I know that's a really douchy thing to say, but you already got 2 hits on him, he shouldn't have much health left, so why can't you finish him off in melee?

Because that bastard mace every cbowguy in the mod carries is fast as hell and atleast 50% of its hits have a knockdowneffect. He can spam you alot and if hes good at blocking, you are bound to get touched by dat overspamming eventually which results you lying down on your ass while him and his friends whale on you.

Personally I have no hate over it. When it does happen to me time to time, I just keep thinking "shit happens" and "sucks to be me". It does not make its users godlike imo, they are beatable. :mrgreen:

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2012, 12:04:13 pm »
How exactly is the raw_damage defined?

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »
speed bonus*wep dmg*(1+0,08^PS)?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 09:27:31 am »
+4
Off the top of my head I'd say:

Code: [Select]
raw_damage = (native_hit_location_modifier*speed_bonus_with_sweetspots_modifier*holding_modifier*(wpf * 0.01 * 0.15 +0.85)*(1+0.08*PS)*item_damage+STR/5)*shield_and_horseback_penalty_for_pole_and_2h_modifier*crpg_hit_location_modifier*cmps_secret_stealth_rape_modifier_for_stuff_he_doesnt_like_like_the_bump_slash_nerf_modifier
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:33:04 am by Paul »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:25 am »
Off the top of my head I'd say:

*crpg_hit_location_modifier*cmps_secret_stealth_rape_modifier_for_stuff_he_doesnt_like_nerf_modifier

lol this part of the "code"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 09:39:51 am »
cmps_secret_stealth_rape_modifier_for_stuff_he_doesnt_like_like_the_bump_slash_nerf_modifier
I KNEW IT!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 12:35:23 pm »
Been using knockdown weapons almost exclusively as of late. I probably have somewhere around 25% knockdown success. Been using a Mighty LHSM, Bar Mace, Mighty LIM, Great Maul, and a Mighty Mallet. While the first part of the formula can be somewhat hard to max out, it's not hard to at least get 3/4 of the max weight bonus. The second part though, only requires you to do a minimum of 40 raw damage to max the bonus here, so even with a 3/4 weight bonus you're looking at a 22% chance to knockdown as I rarely have lower than 40 points of raw damage on a hit with these weapons.

Knockdown formula needs reworked so that the max chance is 20%, not 30 and you should need 100 raw damage to cap the raw damage bonus. I'd say just up the static number that gets subtracted from your raw damage to 60, but this will make it very hard to knockdown with 1hers.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character