Author Topic: Knockdown  (Read 5359 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Knockdown
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:28 am »
I feel like most blunt weapons knock me down 2/3 times.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:23 am »
Good ol' Long Maul.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 10:34:52 am »
Selfless promotion, but check the knockdown rate on barmace with 5 PS :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwCaUAjolQ&t=11m34s (from 11m 34sec to the end)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 10:37:24 am »
rofl, anyone cares to count the knockdown rate?

This makes me remember my plan to make an aztec club warrior with 12/27 and a studded warclub.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 10:44:10 am »
rofl, anyone cares to count the knockdown rate?

This makes me remember my plan to make an aztec club warrior with 12/27 and a studded warclub.

14 hits, 8 of those knockdowns in my video (not counting hits when enemy on floor or killing blow). 57% knockdown rate :lol:

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:37 am »
Still not very accurate Vibe, if one actually cared enough to do a proper and accurate test, you'd have 100 or 1000 hits on one test subject. Preferably standing still(just like when you measure the temperature, you don't measure the temperature in the sun but in the shade(which is more constant)). Simple enough, however time consuming.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:48 am »
Of course it's not accurate, those clips were picked for the knockdown gayness, not for statistical calculations

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 11:02:07 am »
I always have the idea that I get knocked down by about 1/3rd of the swings of 1h maces. Probably I mostly forget about it when I don't get knocked down, but they knock down to such an extent that I've been thinking of switching to one.

What I hate about knockdown is the hit-knockdown-hit-kick-hit combo that increasingly more people use. That gives them 3 hits for the price of 1. Getting hit the first time is your fault, but the other two are completely out of your control. 2 hits for the price of 1, okay, but 3 is crazy and almost always a sure kill.
But with kick chambering, the kick that comes after that hit when you stand up can now chamber them, knocking THEM down.
Then do it to them!
(and hope they don't chamebr the kick that you do when they get up from the kockdown after your hit on them!)
Mind, blown.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 11:07:11 am »
Of course it's not accurate, those clips were picked for the knockdown gayness, not for statistical calculations

You still bothered to make said statistical calculations, thus redundantly. 8-)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 11:17:35 am »
Bjord, why have you come back to torment me

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 11:28:59 am »
But with kick chambering, the kick that comes after that hit when you stand up can now chamber them, knocking THEM down.
Then do it to them!
(and hope they don't chamebr the kick that you do when they get up from the kockdown after your hit on them!)
Mind, blown.
Oh wait, this is actually in now? When does one kick, anyone has a video? Is it like reacting to their kick like regular chambers or having to anticipate it?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:55 am »
+1
Oh wait, this is actually in now? When does one kick, anyone has a video? Is it like reacting to their kick like regular chambers or having to anticipate it?

Anticipate it. If you do it after seeing the animation, it's too late. When they just stop moving is a good time, when you know they'll kick then. I think. :s

14 hits, 8 of those knockdowns in my video (not counting hits when enemy on floor or killing blow). 57% knockdown rate :lol:

The reverse teammate knockdown was pretty amazing.  :mrgreen:

I usually don't care when being knockdowned by a barmace, a mallet, an iron staff, or any other 2h weapon. But i highly dislike being knockdowned by a tiny 1h mace, from a guy with a shield. Wich seems to happen enough for me to hate them.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 11:52:50 am »
teeth stop qq about my combo

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 01:29:35 pm »
It's really easy to chamber kicks. Just Hit the kick button as soon as you see their leg move. A bunch of people and I were practicing it the other night. There is a huge grace period, basically as long as you hit the button before their kick hits you you'll chamber their kick and knock them down. Your kick doesn't even have to physically start its animation.
To quote A few of them after 5 minutes of practice "This is so easy, what's the point of even kicking in fights? It's too big of a risk against someone who has practiced!"

I even went to EU with 170 ping and managed to chamber kicks like 80% of the time, but yet blocking a left swing from a 1h I can't even block that often with that high of a ping :P.

Just watch their feet.

Also, after getting knocked down you KNOW that next kick is coming, you can guarantee chamberkick it no big deal. So you don't have to even think about them. Just invert the combo back on them :).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:34:54 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 01:48:07 pm »
+3
The mechanic for knockdown is (rand(0.0, 1.0) < min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) * min((raw_damage - 20.0) * 0.5, 10.0) * 0.015) according to Paul (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,20938.msg299772.html#msg299772). How this kind of equation works is that the higher the right side value is, the higher the chance of success is. Percentual chance of success is the right side of equation.

This means two things affect knockdown chance. Weight of the item and raw damage of the swing. If we assume a hit does at least 40 raw damage, which is very likely for a decent hit from almost any weapon with knockdown with 5 PS or so, the knockdown chance boils down to min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) * 0.15. This means that the maximum weight for this calculation is 6. This results in the knockdown chance being 0.0495 * item_weight, meaing 4.95% chance of knockdown per item weight (this could be rounded to 5% like Paul did, but 0.33 isnt 1/3 for exact chance). This allows tabling some weights:

Weight 1.5 (Hammer, Club): 7.425%
Weight 2.5 (Flanged Mace, Iron Mace, Goedendag): 12.375%
Weight 3 (Warhammer, Long Hafterd Spiked Mace): 14.85%
Weight 4.5 (Long Iron Mace, Bar Mace: 22.275%
Weight 6 and above (every crushthrough weapon): 29.7%

The effect of damage is a multiplier to this chance, min((raw_damage - 20.0) * 0.5, 10.0). At 40 or more raw damage the multiplier is it's maximum (10), resulting in our assumed values above. Attacks below 20 raw damage cause the multiplier to be 0, meaning 0% chance of knockdown. Between 20 and 40 raw damage each point of raw damage increases the multiplier by 0.05. This means that the knockdown chance calculated above goes down by 5% per point of raw damage below 40 (for example 38 damage attack with a warhammer means 14.85% * 0.9 = 13.365% chance of knockdown). As said above though, in most practical cases most of these weapons will deal at least 40 raw damage with a decent hit, so that part of the equation is fairly meaningless.