Author Topic: Knockdown  (Read 5348 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Knockdown
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:00:27 am »
+1
Anybody knows the knockdown formula?

Anybody feels like weapons with knockdown feature knock him/her down too often?

I personally get knocked down with first hit so often that it actually made me start a topic about it.

Share your opinion about knock down please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 1801
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Knockdown
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:02:20 am »
I think that strength takes a big part in knockdown formula.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:59 am »
I think that strength takes a big part in knockdown formula.

Dmg, not strengt, think it was raw dmg. Max knockdown chance is 45% if I remember right.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:18:15 am »
raw dmg it is...

so in order you need

High damaging knockdown weapon
High powerstrike
High athletic for speed bonus
and finally if you got all that high WPF in the choosen weapon.

(this should go into beginner help forum BTW  :evil:)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Kirbies

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kirbies, Weeaboo
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 01:20:23 am »
If you have more STR then the person your attacking you will get a greater chance i believe, same with crushthru
"I don't rage in chat, but I yell at my moniter alot." -SaulCanner

29031: 23:16:33 - [SpookPalace] GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG RIGHT NOW YOU JOKER BABY DICKED GINGERALE PRODUCING GURGLERS

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:22:36 am »
If you have more STR then the person your attacking you will get a greater chance i believe, same with crushthru
Nope, at least not on Knockdown.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:23 am »
I have 34 str currently and it is just ridiculous that an enemy can knock me down like 2 times before he kills me. btw I wanted to know the exact formula because I remember that a few months ago I received different values of max chance of knockdown and that didn't really help. We can all assume what can help in knocking down people but I would like to know the exact formula. Also don't forget that I asked you about your own feelings about knock down so it's not just a basic-question-about-crpg topic. I would like to get to know if you are getting knocked down with 1st hit as often as I am. In most of the cases 50-80% I'm getting knocked down with 1st hit. Usually it's an iberian mace or winged mace or barmace or other -mace. Sometimes it's even 2 hits-2 knockdowns (ofc if I have enough time to stand up between them, as you can't knock down a person that is already on the ground)

Skyrim UI

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:01 am »
+8
(rand(0.0, 1.0) < min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) * min((raw_damage - 20.0) * 0.5, 10.0) * 0.015)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:43:14 am »
Looks cool lol... Thank you.

Skyrim UI

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 01:57:40 am »
(rand(0.0, 1.0) < min(item_weight * 0.33, 2.0) * min((raw_damage - 20.0) * 0.5, 10.0) * 0.015)

Item weight?!

I knew it was a variable for crushthrough didn't knew it applied to knockdown too.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 02:02:07 am »
Wouldn't it be better if there was the final dmg instead of raw dmg in the formula? Sometimes it is just ridiculous that hit takes away like 3 hit points but knocks me down lol...

Skyrim UI

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:41 am »
+2
If you're seeking opinions about knockdown I think it's a good feature.  My only problem with knockdown weapons and crush through weapons is that you can swing them like they are a piece of spaghetti.  Over and over again like a windmill with no slow down for fatigue.  If someone misses with a 16 pound sledge hammer with a four foot handle it should take him a lot longer than a second to swing again like he can now.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:16:32 am »
Yeah especially those mauls should be "very unbalanced" ;)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:26:19 am »
I have 34 str currently and it is just ridiculous that an enemy can knock me down like 2 times before he kills me. btw I wanted to know the exact formula because I remember that a few months ago I received different values of max chance of knockdown and that didn't really help. We can all assume what can help in knocking down people but I would like to know the exact formula. Also don't forget that I asked you about your own feelings about knock down so it's not just a basic-question-about-crpg topic. I would like to get to know if you are getting knocked down with 1st hit as often as I am. In most of the cases 50-80% I'm getting knocked down with 1st hit. Usually it's an iberian mace or winged mace or barmace or other -mace. Sometimes it's even 2 hits-2 knockdowns (ofc if I have enough time to stand up between them, as you can't knock down a person that is already on the ground)

Dude, ur fantasy works.. fine. I think I get MAYBE knockdown on 10% of the enemy hits, (with a weap that can do it ofc.). Its never 50-80%.
I`m fine with knockdown, its always a nice surprise, especially against tincans, Mighty Goedendag rocks :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 10:27:51 am »
+2
I always have the idea that I get knocked down by about 1/3rd of the swings of 1h maces. Probably I mostly forget about it when I don't get knocked down, but they knock down to such an extent that I've been thinking of switching to one.

What I hate about knockdown is the hit-knockdown-hit-kick-hit combo that increasingly more people use. That gives them 3 hits for the price of 1. Getting hit the first time is your fault, but the other two are completely out of your control. 2 hits for the price of 1, okay, but 3 is crazy and almost always a sure kill.