Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42904 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »
+1
Have to say that i think you are going about this the wrong way

The reason people are respeccing is because early on in Strat there is no Cav which means archers are king.  No Cav means archers are free to kite as much as they want without fear.  Once Strat gets far enough that we have Cav again all these respeccers will respec right back to melee/cav again.

What needs to happen is the following

1) Decrease the cost of the lighter horses
2) Increase in the cost of the heavier bows/xbows.
3) Fix Cav spawns (if not already done)
4) Prevent Spawning when there are enemies within 1 or 2m of a spawn flag.  This will mean that teams have to defend in FRONT of their spawn.  Currently most teams defend behind it and just charge down when needed.  This allows defending archers to hug the hill that usually occurs at the edge of the map meaning their backs are always protected.  Force them forward and they are then more vulnerable to flanking attacks and less OP.
5) Make Shield requirements strength based for Strat.  Without skill even the decent 1 slot shields will break in melee quickly so they are only really useful vs archers.  It also means better formations instead of 30 2Hs hiding behind 5 Shielders

This.

Gonna have to go to a stratbattle to check this out but from the looks of it i don't see how this will turn strat into more fun for everyone. It will just make it harder to kill the archers since they wont walk alone now. Ever tried charging an archernest? It's no fun.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:13:57 pm by Aderyn »
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Antip

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »
+1
very shit patch for strat battles
Druzhina_Antip
I use google translator

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »
+4
To get many points it's best to be either cav or str build. Both pay high upkeep and are losing gold in the long run. With point based valour they won't lose gold. Kinda like old cRPG, get as many armor you can or ride the best horse and you'll be king of the hill.

Wrong. Being cav is not the best if you want most points.
The best is to be 1H/shield on the ground sticking with your team getting lots of proximity points.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »
+2
Is score-based valor determined by a threshold score that one must reach, or does it depend on a relationship between your score in comparison to your teammates/enemies?

It is tougher for the losing team to get valor due to the nature of one team's tactics/domination over the other. I think there should be some sort of leeway with valor for the losing team (either a lower threshold or compare your score to your teammates').

@ Riddaren

An agi based build that flanks and deals damage to many different enemies also gets a lot of points.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
I think it's sorta funny that people say their arrows now glance as headshots or that it takes 3 headshots to kill people, admittedly I haven't played in a strat battle since the change but, if the change was a 50% nerf, and before headshots would onehit, there is no way in hell this can be right.

And to whoever bitched about xbowies having to stand together and not hide somewhere alone then I'll just say siege shields still exist...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
+2
Valour in all gamemode work with score instead of the secret formula before.
Now that it's no longer being used, care to share the secret formula?

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »
+1
Now that it's no longer being used, care to share the secret formula?
Please chadz...We must know!  Also, Teeth why don't you come hang out with your NA friends anymore? :(
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2012, 10:20:22 pm »
5) Make Shield requirements strength based for Strat.  Without skill even the decent 1 slot shields will break in melee quickly so they are only really useful vs archers.  It also means better formations instead of 30 2Hs hiding behind 5 Shielders
Why cant you just put 1 point in shield?

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »
+2
It is tougher for the losing team to get valor due to the nature of one team's tactics/domination over the other. I think there should be some sort of leeway with valor for the losing team (either a lower threshold or compare your score to your teammates').

^ This, doing well on the losing team is often much harder than doing well on the winning team.  This can be very true in battle and siege - in siege on offense at some castles it can quite a struggle to do well

And please chadz implement valor in all modes like your quote says (if you haven't already - including siege)  :D
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2012, 10:55:50 pm »
+1
Why cant you just put 1 point in shield?

Because usually Strat Commanders don't bother with requirement 1 shields. 

Lets try another tack for reversing this change though....  What happens when a team, for whatever reason, can't get 5 archers onto their roster?  You are effectively putting a minimum number of archers for rosters and pre-defining peoples tactics in battle.

Strat is meant to be about people coming up with their own tactics and then striving to implement them as best as possible.  The good archer heavy clans already use archer squads that group together to protect each other from Cav.  The good non-archer clans use Cav to stop the archers kiting and then decimate them with melee.  Other clans use a mix but this change is effectively saying that smaller numbers of good archers is NOT allowed in Strat and everybody has to either have lots of archers or go with none at all.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2012, 11:01:24 pm »
Because usually Strat Commanders don't bother with requirement 1 shields. 
So, you want to modify the game mechanics because people are too lazy to buy old board shields?

Doesn't it seem easier for people to, I don't know, just buy them?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »
Also, Teeth why don't you come hang out with your NA friends anymore? :(
Yeah, Teeth, I miss you man.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2012, 11:37:08 pm »
[...]
Valour in all gamemode work with score instead of the secret formula before.
Valour works for both sides.
Valour increases multi by 1

All of these changes are, for the time being, temporary, until we've decided if they work or not.
Why is valour even still in? It's bullcrap... always has been.  :|
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:05 pm »
+4
I think it's sorta funny that people say their arrows now glance as headshots or that it takes 3 headshots to kill people, admittedly I haven't played in a strat battle since the change but, if the change was a 50% nerf, and before headshots would onehit, there is no way in hell this can be right.

And to whoever bitched about xbowies having to stand together and not hide somewhere alone then I'll just say siege shields still exist...

I.e. 100 pierce deals more damage than two 50 pierce attacks. And higher armour your enemy has - bigger gap between 1 shot and 2 50% shots becomes. You have to learn how damage is calculated in this game before accusing someone of being a liar.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2012, 02:53:31 am »
+5
The spawning time delay feature is really bad, we just spawn raped hospitallers because of it.