Author Topic: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition  (Read 63999 times)

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark souls: Prepare to Die edition
« Reply #780 on: January 17, 2014, 06:23:12 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 17, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
+1
I have bought Dark Souls on release day but managed to start this crap only a few days ago. Game doesn't seem so hard as everyone claim, just needs a lot of patience. Dealing with most of normal enemies is like a walk in the park if you're patient and take them one after another, with a walkthrough guides bosses also aren't that hard. Got bored already.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #782 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:23 pm »
i fucking hate windows live, i fail to register to it and i as always forgot userame and shit. Is it designed to prevent people from registring?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 17, 2014, 10:21:18 pm »
+1
It's designed to make people go back to their consoles.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 17, 2014, 11:29:24 pm »
+2
game doesn't seem so hard as everyone claim (...) a walk in the park (...) with a walkthrough

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #785 on: January 17, 2014, 11:53:01 pm »
+2
I have bought Dark Souls on release day but managed to start this crap only a few days ago. Game doesn't seem so hard as everyone claim, just needs a lot of patience. Dealing with most of normal enemies is like a walk in the park if you're patient and take them one after another, with a walkthrough guides bosses also aren't that hard. Got bored already.

Patience is hard. And yes with patience the hollow soldiers are easy, how far did you get? The game isnt that easy first playthr-
with a walkthrough guides
Well you might aswell quit if you are using guides first time around, the fun part about the game is learning, adapting, finding secrets and finally figuring out that strategy to beat that one area. Looking up guides the moment things get a little rough removes all of that. Even with guides though the combat is great, boss fights are usually pretty fun and exploring is awesome.

Played some more Aggressive mod today, really fun and sometimes spooky.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26:50 am »
i fucking hate windows live, i fail to register to it and i as always forgot userame and shit. Is it designed to prevent people from registring?

Looks like Dark souls doesn't use windows live any more, I start a game without registration, only thanks to that I can play it. Though the game still crashes when I try to launch it from steam.

Well you might aswell quit if you are using guides first time around, the fun part about the game is learning, adapting, finding secrets and finally figuring out that strategy to beat that one area. Looking up guides the moment things get a little rough removes all of that. Even with guides though the combat is great, boss fights are usually pretty fun and exploring is awesome.

I do realize that without any help it would be much harder, but I always try to read everything about builds, combat tips, hidden places and so on before I even start a game :P That's how I always play,  mostly because I never play for the second time games like this, rarely even finisth first playthrough.

Patience is hard. And yes with patience the hollow soldiers are easy, how far did you get?

Patience is boring :P And cheating is boring, I killed first Black Knight in first attempt using bug with doors, as lvl 10 or sth like that. Felt pretty silly after that, but everyone says that's how you're supposed to play Dark souls... Well then :P

Combat against normal folks is pretty funny, really nice moves with different weapons and so on, the problem is most of the time they're purely optional, simple tactics and patience kill more effective than "anything" else in this game :P

how far did you get?

I've made undead city, now I'm in blighttown.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:39:08 am by Falka »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 18, 2014, 09:18:22 am »
+1
See that big tree veeery far away when you reach the ground of blighttown ? Go there. Now.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #788 on: January 20, 2014, 05:59:55 am »
My Dark Souls was broken for a bit and I tried a number of fixes and gave up after exhausting all options. Tried again today and it magically fixed itself!  :mrgreen:

Only really interested in PvP at this point. Anyone got some recommended areas along with a recommended level for said area?
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #789 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:36 am »
My Dark Souls was broken for a bit and I tried a number of fixes and gave up after exhausting all options. Tried again today and it magically fixed itself!  :mrgreen:

Only really interested in PvP at this point. Anyone got some recommended areas along with a recommended level for said area?
darkroot garden, in forest, best early PvP area.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #790 on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:16 pm »
Gah i want to preorder a special edition for DaS2 for 160€.. but in the end im probably too cheap.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #791 on: January 20, 2014, 09:41:06 pm »
Gah i want to preorder a special edition for DaS2 for 160€.. but in the end im probably too cheap.

Somehow I could order a Black Armour edition for PC for 45€, is that normal for a pre-order price?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 20, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »
Somehow I could order a Black Armour edition for PC for 45€, is that normal for a pre-order price?

i think thats the regular special edition thingy, but the one i looked at was a unique to the website or something..

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #793 on: January 20, 2014, 09:49:13 pm »
i think thats the regular special edition thingy, but the one i looked at was a unique to the website or something..

yeah you have normal, black armour (which is metal case + soundtrack cd) and sperglord edition with a statue n map n all

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #794 on: January 20, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »
darkroot garden, in forest, best early PvP area.

Yeah already exhausted that really, was hoping to find some higher level PvP, something at least moderately challenging :/
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.