Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 28357 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »
+1
It's not only melee infantry who play this game for fun. All do. Even archers and cavalry.
Never forget that. Show them respect and I'm sure you will get some kind of mutual respect in return.

It might be an archer not shooting you while you are defenseless as the last man alive.
It might be a lancer not couch lancing you at spawn.
It might be a 2H not instantly killing you when you lie defenseless on the ground after being dehorsed.

Personally I got a few players in my list of players who show me respect.
Then I have this list of those who cry about lancing being easy mode, telling me I'm a total noob.
It's a bit hard for me to be nice to those.

This game is so full of hate. It's the thing I hate most about it...
If classes would be races you all would be racists.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »
+1
It's not only melee infantry who play this game for fun. All do. Even archers and cavalry.
Never forget that. Show them respect and I'm sure you will get some kind of mutual respect in return.

It might be an archer not shooting you while you are defenseless as the last man alive.
It might be a lancer not couch lancing you at spawn.
It might be a 2H not instantly killing you when you lie defenseless on the ground after being dehorsed.

Personally I got a few players in my list of players who show me respect.
Then I have this list of those who cry about lancing being easy mode, telling me I'm a total noob.
It's a bit hard for me to be nice to those.

This game is so full of hate. It's the thing I hate most about it...

People play cav to be a gigantic dick and ruin the game for everyone else, so do most archers and throwers.  They know how unfun and unskilled it is to die from their class so they laugh about it when they kill top melee players with one hit kills (couches, headshots) while realizing how brokenly OP their class is compared to melee builds.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »
People play cav to be a gigantic dick and ruin the game for everyone else, so do most archers and throwers.  They know how unfun and unskilled it is to die from their class so they laugh about it when they kill top melee players with one hit kills (couches, headshots) while realizing how brokenly OP their class is compared to melee builds.

I tried to be diplomatic. Great job ruining it...
Now everyone knows all who play archers and cavalry do it to upset others and laugh at them.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
+3
Smoothrich, you're describing 2hander tincans perfectly.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »
+4
Well said. This is the case and has always been.
Bad players complain. Good players adapt.
The game is balanced around bad players, not the good ones.

This is not the best philosophy. Because "bad players complain" indicates that there is never a good reason to complain, and "good players adapt" indicates that there is never a need to change anything, because you can adapt.

I don't say you are wrong about archers or cav, nor am I supporting a nerf for archers or cav, but I definitely don't like this "Well, *I* do not have any problems with the game so it is fine. If *YOU* have problems it is YOUR fault, because I do fine. You just need to adapt. Like... change your class?" It's a sign of ignorance for me.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:24 pm »
+2
This is not the best philosophy. Because "bad players complain" indicates that there is never a good reason to complain, and "good players adapt" indicates that there is never a need to change anything, because you can adapt.

I don't say you are wrong about archers or cav, nor am I supporting a nerf for archers or cav, but I definitely don't like this "Well, *I* do not have any problems with the game so it is fine. If *YOU* have problems it is YOUR fault, because I do fine. You just need to adapt. Like... change your class?" It's a sign of ignorance for me.

The case is that most players consider themselves to be good and skilled.
While in reality they are only good at dueling. People lack awareness which is the most important skill to avoid getting killed by archers and cavalry.
But instead of just improving and trying to play smarter they want archery and cavalry nerfed so much that they don't have to think about it.
That's the problem.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2012, 07:07:01 pm »
+3
I lol'd , but there is somewhat true about that ...
Sad but true that  this polarisation in playerbase has deep roots and i dont see that there will grow a respectfull atmosphere out of this one day.
New players that join the game find that its normality to hate here. Its not the best reference for the community =(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:10:18 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2012, 07:08:06 pm »
+2

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »
The case is that most players consider themselves to be good and skilled.
While in reality they are only good at dueling. People lack awareness which is the most important skill to avoid getting killed by archers and cavalry.

Agree 100%

But instead of just improving and trying to play smarter they want archery and cavalry nerfed so much that they don't have to think about it.
That's the problem.

Usually I'd agree to that part, too. But if the percentage of cavalry and/or ranged becomes too high, it becomes increasingly difficult to stay fully aware. To discuss the matter properly, we must first clarify IF there are too many cavs and/or archers on the servers or not. Otherwise we can not really argue, because we don't know if the complainers are only making drama or if they have a point there.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »
Im back from EU4 and saw nothing unusual there. It was probably just the casual(melee) rich players who went on vacation.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
I was on NA battle a little while ago and at least 65% of the game was ranged or cav oriented.  That's too high for my taste.  It doesn't help that a lot of maps are geared toward that style of gameplay.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:24 am »

...What?
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #312 on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:22 am »
+4

So true, the best part is when the melee get fed up with it and buy an Xbow and bolts, then run into an open area to reload, get shot, then stand still so they can get shot again.
Pock gobblers

Offline Yachdiel

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Thraus
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 21, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »
The era of cookie cutter builds, heirloom epidemic, and less than enjoyably playstyles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 21, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »
More like the era of ranged fucking everywhere. Yesterday I played and the last people alive were always ranged, either archers, xbow or even throwers. Doesn't surprise me, as over half of the players were ranged anyway.