Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 28350 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2012, 04:42:49 pm »
That bothers me only because if I'm one of the last alive I feel like a ponce hiding somewhere to avoid ranged.
And how!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2012, 05:23:19 pm »
I was on NA battle a little while ago and at least 65% of the game was ranged or cav oriented.  That's too high for my taste.  It doesn't help that a lot of maps are geared toward that style of gameplay.

I call bullshit, I was playing last night from just after this post until about midnight and I never thought cavalry and ranged were 65% of the server.  The only way to tell without speculation is to have a breakdown of what type of class each player was.

That would be interesting to see if Meow or another dev has access to that information.  Also, even if it was 65% ranged and cavalry, I don't think that's too high.  A good army is a balanced army.  1/3 ranged, 1/3 cavalry, and 1/3 infantry would be a pretty good army.  Although I think most commanders would prefer something like 30% ranged, 40% infantry, and 30% cavalry. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:29 pm »
+2
6 days and 22 pages?

Nice CRPG

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #318 on: August 21, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »
That would be interesting to see if Meow or another dev has access to that information.
having a screen displaying the current unit mix of the teams would be awesome indeed  :idea:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Albrecht_von_Romagna

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Addam_Marbrand, Bojana
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2012, 09:17:25 pm »
Armor should be much more protective than it is right now, especially against arrows. And problem would be solved. Atm armor is just expensive, but not enough effective against ranged classes. When I get one-hit by an arrow while wearing some of the best helmets in the game, or hit from quarter meter with the same strength as from 50 meters, I really do think that archery is OP.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:45 pm »
Stop getting shot then.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »
+2
Stop getting shot then.

But using cover, and tactics is no fun!

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2012, 09:41:34 pm »
I had a dreams... That I'll play well made medival fighting simulator and meet Anne Hathaway, but that's the other thing.

When I was starting at cRPG in 2010/11, it was great, hours of playing wasn't wasted, you gained levels, you could make nice combinations of gears, builds it was really awesome, even when upkeep comeout against tincans, and become more friendly too beginners, but it was about how skilled are you. Today, sadly, we have an Assassin Creed (which I really like, but if I want to play AC I goin' on PS to play it, not doing it in Warband), it's about to how to sneak up your enemy, bump him, and let ganked by teammates, backstabbing, hiding around the corner, or just ganking in group, that became routine, the "best" players are just running around with at least two people, or just slicing everyone in back, it became to be most effective killer, but for cost of beeing (I'm not said honored that's too much) nice, people just seek how to kill, not to match, for me it loses alll the fun.

Thank you.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »
You had a dream to play a medieval fighting simulator, but you think it's a negative thing when the "best players" are running around in groups of 2 or 3 people?  You do realize middle age tactics were widely varied, but generally consisted of formations of troops? 

I think it's great that more and more people are fighting in groups, and that the scoring system is helping to influence that.

You do realize War of the Roses is coming out soon, that may be more up your alley (a run and gun type of game where tactics and group fighting aren't as important as being the best hero/rambo character you can be).  I personally would rather c-rpg doesn't cave into the way most games are nowadays, catering to the ADD generation who needs immediate results, and can't be arsed to actually work as a team.  If you think it's more fun to run around on your own when servers have upwards of 140 people at times (and infantry groups can get up to 30-40 people in size), then you're the problem, not the game.  You seriously think you should be competitive going up 1 vs 40?  GTFO of here with your bullshit.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »
Stop getting shot then.
Oooooh, tactics, never heard of that, you're too clever for nigga like me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:23 pm »
+1
I had a dreams... That I'll play well made medival fighting simulator and meet Anne Hathaway, but that's the other thing.

When I was starting at cRPG in 2010/11, it was great, hours of playing wasn't wasted, you gained levels, you could make nice combinations of gears, builds it was really awesome, even when upkeep comeout against tincans, and become more friendly too beginners, but it was about how skilled are you. Today, sadly, we have an Assassin Creed (which I really like, but if I want to play AC I goin' on PS to play it, not doing it in Warband), it's about to how to sneak up your enemy, bump him, and let ganked by teammates, backstabbing, hiding around the corner, or just ganking in group, that became routine, the "best" players are just running around with at least two people, or just slicing everyone in back, it became to be most effective killer, but for cost of beeing (I'm not said honored that's too much) nice, people just seek how to kill, not to match, for me it loses alll the fun.

Thank you.

So I take it you want instead of a medieval simulator-ish game you would rather a game where 60 people line up on one side and 60 on the other and a mass-duel is started?

I'm not trying to antagonize or be sarcastic here, I am genuinely puzzled on what is wrong with group gankings as that is the very concept of warband whether in single player, multiplayer or even historically. Group on Group fighting in almost every game is just that. You can not design a game where it is a team VS a team and avoid group fighting, as that defeats the very purpose of teams.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
Albrecht_von_Romagna - Doesn't sound like you're NA, but I'll be online in a few hours playing in NA1.  Stop by hospitaller teamspeak and we can go over battle tactics for any situation you encounter. 

This is an open invitation to anyone who has problems with "x" class or "y" play-style. 

Teamspeak address: IL2.LeetTS.com:10040
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »
Guys! I wrote fighting simulation, is it so hard to read? I didn't meant the medieval warfare, it wouldn't be very playable, it would be butthurt. Now consider (or read) again what I posted and now tell something.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:10 pm »
CrazyCracka420: Thanks for the invitation, I will have no time, though. But you know, I don't think I have a problem with tactics, I've been playing MP of Warband since it came out and I am not an unexperienced player. I just like some realism and  I'd suppose, when playing as a two-hander tincan, that armor will protect me (and heavy armors of late medieval era were so protective that shield wasn't necessary anymore, as I surely don't have to remind you), so I will not have to run like a mad chicken or hide all the time. I definitely could adapt and take a shield and a one-handed weapon, but I find that incredibly boring after a while.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »
+4
Albrecht_von_Romagna - Doesn't sound like you're NA, but I'll be online in a few hours playing in NA1.  Stop by hospitaller teamspeak and we can go over battle tactics for any situation you encounter. 

This is an open invitation to anyone who has problems with "x" class or "y" play-style. 

Teamspeak address: IL2.LeetTS.com:10040

I don't think people need to be told to ride a triple loomed stealth fighter horse around the map in order charge at people from behind and press X.

(click to show/hide)