Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 28359 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »
I am opinionated and right.

You are stupid and wrong.

P and Q. The end I wins.

This thread made me remember why I stopped posting on the forums.

Because you have terrible opinions and common sense isn't your strong suit?   BTW, the lance angle was only nerfed once, in that discussion we had, you must have been turning your horse to the right as you thrusted left.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »
Out of sheer curiosity, and as a complete aside to this entire conversation, what is cav's weakness?

They aren't as effective as infantry in turning the tide of battle.  You can hold areas of the battlefield with infantry, you can't with cavalry.  They are weak to anyone with a spear over 150 length (that can rear their horse).  They are weak to 2h great swords who out reach their heavy lances.  They are weak to enemy ranged units (both ground and mounted, archers, xbow and throwers).  They are weak when ground troops are on an elevated surface, or where there is not room to maneuver.   They are weak when ground troops are hugging walls (which 98% of the battle maps have).  And they are pretty much nullified by anyone who is aware of their presence (not an actual counter, but a method of avoidance). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2012, 08:48:22 pm »
Don't put yourself in a position to be flanked or shot from enemy ranged.  [...]  You choose your build, and while it may be strong versus some classes, it's going to be naturally weak to others.

Basically you are right, concerning nerf cries. But this is not a nerf cry. This is a cry for a system which buffs infantry a bit and regulates the classes on the servers. Because if there are too many archers it becomes increasingly difficult or even impossible to "not get flanked or shot", and yes, every build has its strengthes and weaknesses, but how much fun would you have if the class which is your counter or at least is rather strong against you is the the most represented class on the server. Cracka, you are rock. You win against scissors and lose against paper. Sounds fair. But what, if you win against one scissors, and then lose five times against five papers? Still fun?

The class balance works only if the proper amount of classes is achieved on the servers. Everything else unbalances things heavily.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:51:30 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2012, 08:51:38 pm »
you should find out yourself ;)
they do not, otherwise they would add/improve teamwork&tactics related supportive features ...

Eeeh huh  :?: why do that when they can force people to do it with shitty class balance  :lol:

Aslong as they dont balance the mod in terms of risk vs reward easy classes will allways stick out an over populate the server  :lol:

It happens in every game nothing new to see here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:56:03 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »
People play for fun, but the game shouldn't be balanced around "fun".  it should be balanced around warfare.  it would be fun if we were all riding around drinking tea and eating crumpets, but it's a game that is built around middle age warfare.  Archers will fuck you up from a distance if you don't have protection, or don't have some way of putting them on the defensive.  That's what they do...

That's what makes c-rpg unique is that you get to choose your skills, attributes, equipment, and how you play that character.  I don't think archers are overpopulating the servers, I think they are back to their normal numbers from a year ago before they were hit with super nerfs.  And I don't think people are liking that they can't just rush towards the enemy infantry without worrying about what is happening around them.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2012, 08:53:23 pm »
The problem is Paul and Fasader. The former is thickheaded and the latter is lazy.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1378
  • Infamy: 1362
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2012, 08:54:34 pm »
Yes they are. They should nerf Katana to the ground a long time ago.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2012, 08:54:48 pm »
Out of sheer curiosity, and as a complete aside to this entire conversation, what is cav's weakness?

They have to pay a fee for the horse they ride.  LOL

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »
They aren't as effective as infantry in turning the tide of battle.

Very debatable. Very, very, very debatable. Cav bumps are so useful it's downright silly.

You can hold areas of the battlefield with infantry, you can't with cavalry.  They are weak to anyone with a spear over 150 length (that can rear their horse).  They are weak to 2h great swords who out reach their heavy lances.  They are weak to enemy ranged units (both ground and mounted, archers, xbow and throwers).  They are weak when ground troops are on an elevated surface, or where there is not room to maneuver.   They are weak when ground troops are hugging walls (which 98% of the battle maps have).

All situations that you can avoid. You know, ride off and do something else?

And they are pretty much nullified by anyone who is aware of their presence (not an actual counter, but a method of avoidance).

Hardly. Good cav can kill anyone that's aware of them, with probably the only exception being pikemen.

But there's no point in getting into an argument about this. My point was that it's very easy for you to say that infantry should be aware of their weaknesses (and I'm sure all good infantry players are) when your chosen class has the least amount of weaknesses.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »

They have to sacrifice some Strength or Agility for the riding points (unless they substitute athletics for riding).

They have to pay high repair costs for the horse (and lance, if they use one).

They are outreached by longer polearms and occasionally, greatswords.

The horse can be reared by polearms over 140 length, leaving the horse open to 2 or 3 easy hits. Even more if caught in a group.

They are highly susceptible to ranged. Large, easy to lead due to predictable movement, etc.

If the horse dies, the rider can be hit around 2 or 3 times while getting up off the ground (unless he sinks into the ground or he teleports somewhere, damn bug).

Could probably think of more, too lazy to at the moment.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2012, 10:10:30 pm »
Very debatable. Very, very, very debatable. Cav bumps are so useful it's downright silly.

All situations that you can avoid. You know, ride off and do something else?

Hardly. Good cav can kill anyone that's aware of them, with probably the only exception being pikemen.

But there's no point in getting into an argument about this. My point was that it's very easy for you to say that infantry should be aware of their weaknesses (and I'm sure all good infantry players are) when your chosen class has the least amount of weaknesses.
why would you reply seriously to that dude? he made a thread about buffing cav, hes even more delusional than "nate" and his putie hacker accusation

Offline Lead_Heart

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:53 pm »
Hello,

If you keep getting shot down it seems you  need to adapt your stratagy. Do not blame the ranged and cavalry for your shortcomings.

Thank you!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »
why would you reply seriously to that dude? he made a thread about buffing cav, hes even more delusional than "nate" and his putie hacker accusation

When did I make a thread asking to buff cavalry?   :rolleyes:

You might disagree with my opinion, but at least I am generally serious with my replies (unless it's completely obvious that I'm fucking around). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »
Damn I'm late to this whine thread. Damn it all to hell.

Buff xbows.
/THREAD

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »
+1
When did I make a thread asking to buff cavalry?   :rolleyes:

You might disagree with my opinion, but at least I am generally serious with my replies (unless it's completely obvious that I'm fucking around).

Well he does have a point you do happen to be a complete tard  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.