Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 28416 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2012, 02:25:27 am »
+2
All my pluses.

The sense of entitlement of some players is incredible. They complain if ranged dares to shoot at them when they are in the open with no regard for cover, and they even lose some health to two arrows!

It used to be madness to take the melee into a position where enemy archers had a good position to shoot into. Now people run right into any situation, and maybe a few players get killed by archers and some get stunned and killed by enemy melee. And that's the worst case that can happen. Still that's more than enough to make people rage.

The rage isn't the problem however. It's the fact that you don't need to adapt to the game, whining on the forums is enough to get the game adapted to you.

precisely.

This is a game of checks and balances, and when people do not take the check to counter the balance, they rage that the balance is overpowered.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2012, 02:28:41 am »
+2
Totaly, even if ranged was removed, whiners would whine about something. The best way to end this is to conclude CRPG. That way people would simply have to adapt to the game.

The worst part is, all this whinning makes it hard for actual constructive criticism to surface, thus reducing the quality of the end product.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37:09 am »
Totaly, even if ranged was removed, whiners would whine about something. The best way to end this is to conclude CRPG. That way people would simply have to adapt to the game.

The worst part is, all this whinning makes it hard for actual constructive criticism to surface, thus reducing the quality of the end product.

you are a huge newb and should stop posting

with that said....

SAVE CRPG!

NERF RANGED NOW

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:42 am »
Will someone please ban this guy? Please?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2012, 02:44:06 am »
+5
lol, sure, it's all about players not adapting to the game.. Of course it is, but there is a big BUT. (T?)

Adapting to the current balance is simply boring. It's to go cav, archer or shielder yourself.

* I don't want to take away 4 directional blocking by being a shielder.
* I don't want to ride around and lance people in the back. (It makes me feel dirty)
* And I for sure don't want to run and shoot. There actually exist others and better games for that. (Where most people shoot back even!)

This is the only game I ever played who have given me this much adrenaline. I don't get it from other classes. That's my addiction.

Lame, game reducing classes has won over what is truly unique about our combat system. End of story.

Let me whine about whiners complaining about whiners, c-RPG would have developed into a truly archer and cav heaven by now if it weren't for us whiners.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:48:11 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2012, 02:50:58 am »
great points Thomek

ranged is out of control

don't even care about cav

NERF MY STR BUILD IF YOU WANT FINE BUT NERF RANGED TOO

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2012, 02:52:00 am »
+1
You know, there's more game modes other than battle. Just sayin'...  :|

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2012, 03:01:29 am »
+2
Let me whine about whiners complaining about whiners, c-RPG would have developed into a truly archer and cav heaven by now if it weren't for us whiners.

How noble of you.

Lame, game reducing classes has won over what is truly unique about our combat system. End of story.

What, didn't you just do the victory dance only a bit earlier?

lol, sure, it's all about players not adapting to the game.. Of course it is, but there is a big BUT. (T?)

Adapting to the current balance is simply boring. It's to go cav, archer or shielder yourself.

Let's see..

That's a false dilemma right from the start.

The best defense against cav is some awareness. I'm sure you that have seen me coming, sidestepped and dehorsed about as often as I have lanced you. When you have been aware at the very least.

You can carry a shield and sheath it when you want to attack with your katana.

* I don't want to ride around and lance people in the back. (It makes me feel dirty)
Oh yes, ninjas are known for their honor and they never flank or shoot you when you are fighting.

* And I for sure don't want to run and shoot. There actually exist others and better games for that. (Where most people shoot back even!)

Fine, don't go archer.

But let's not forget the most important part here: You listed reasons why you don't want to adapt to the game, not reasons why something should be done.

This is the only game I ever played who have given me this much adrenaline. I don't get it from other classes. That's my addiction.

And other people want to have fun in their classes.

You only want half of them to quit, as you said here:

@Tears
I'm not talking removal here.. Just decimate their numbers a few times. About half would be OK.

Also come to EU more often. I heard NA is paradise compared to it.

Are you the only one entitled to the fun?

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2012, 03:02:05 am »

Every class has shortcomings. Removing an infs shortcomings in the sake of 'fun' would require both ranged and cav to be made nearly useless. Im sure you remember that anus ranged nerf that reduced body damage and increased head damage done by ranged. After that cavs became op and the usual whiners started suggesting a nerf to cav...
Why on earth should he devs go down that road again, so that shieldless inf would have all the fun and all others none? Like I said, adapt.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:06:52 am by Adamar »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2012, 03:11:37 am »
Are you the only one entitled to the fun?

so that shieldless inf would have all the fun and all others none? Like I said, adapt.

Well.. 2h/pole doesn't make other classes unfun like cavchery and archery. And I personally don't think being cav or archer is 1/10th as fun as playing light inf... back when it was a reasonable playstyle.

But.. it can only get worse before it gets better. I'm off for a while. good luck c-rpg.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2012, 03:19:30 am »

Pretty close to my opinion. The melee combat system is what makes the game appealing to me. I can see people enjoying the cav and ranged too, but where else can you get manual directional blocking with the sort of depth we get here? If it wasn't for that I wouldn't care much for this game. I feel ranged and cav add a dimension to the overall gameplay that makes them worth having, but at the same time having too many of either can result in needing to employ some boring tactics in order to win in pub games.

My solution would be to increase the skill floor for cav and ranged, and make them require more deliberate actions from the players. How thats done i'm not totally fussy on, just some general ideas: Make crossbows more than just point&click, make them require some more distance judging from the player or something (projectile arc)
Make cav have more to risk in their engagements while allowing them to overcome any weaknesses through skillful play/tactical decisions. They act more like fast manoeuvrable tanks than animals
Make bows accurate but again require the player to judge the distance more to the target with accurate shots as long as you aim up enough, and possibly give them less ammo
Make shielding less about just simply holding right mouse button for defence. Keep forcefield for projectiles but make it so you need to aim the shield at melee attacks

Just increase the depth of the classes in general.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:38 am »
+1
Trolling Thomek is ezimode. Nerf Thomek trolling!
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:10 am »
I have 4 shield and knightly heater, I took at least 20 arrows and 3 or 4 bolts to my shield before it broke the other night.  Archers aren't OP or too prevalent.  The problem is people are retarded as fuck.

Buff tactics and player battlefield awareness.  If you run up a hill as one person and have 15 archers shooting you, what the fuck do you think is going to happen? 

Just close the whole fucking forums, everyone's a whiney bitch and the dev's always listen to the people who complain the most.  You hear enough bitching for long enough and the next patch that same thing people have been bitching about gets a nerf.

The only people bitching about archers are 2h heroes...big surprise there.  If you want to play middle age CoD where you can rush and kill everyone who gets in your way without any teamwork, you're in the wrong game.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2012, 03:54:53 am »
The melee combat system is what makes the game appealing to me. I can see people enjoying the cav and ranged too, but where else can you get manual directional blocking with the sort of depth we get here?

Manual blocking is fun, but hiding behind the shield frees the player to look at the whole battlefield and use tactics better.
Very valuable for commanders.

My solution would be to increase the skill floor for cav and ranged, and make them require more deliberate actions from the players. How thats done i'm not totally fussy on, just some general ideas:
Make crossbows more than just point&click, make them require some more distance judging from the player or something (projectile arc)

This has been done.

Make cav have more to risk in their engagements while allowing them to overcome any weaknesses through skillful play/tactical decisions. They act more like fast manoeuvrable tanks than animals

Making the horses have their own will and similar random actions won't be welcomed by anyone. Let's say we introduced a 10% chance for your block to fail. Would you like this introduced uncertainty into the core of your playstyle? I'm guessing no.

And these tactics that cav would need to use even more is exactly the backstabbing and spawnraping that everyone is already complaining about. Nerf cav enough and it's the only thing any cav player will do.

Make bows accurate but again require the player to judge the distance more to the target with accurate shots as long as you aim up enough, and possibly give them less ammo

This has been done too. Except the accuracy part.

I think they should be made more accurate, but the crazy headshot damage and head hitbox size returned to normal.

Make shielding less about just simply holding right mouse button for defence. Keep forcefield for projectiles but make it so you need to aim the shield at melee attacks

The shield forcefield has been nerfed a lot already. If what you suggest is doable, some of that could improve the gameplay, but I don't think 1h shielders need the additional nerf.

Just increase the depth of the classes in general.

If we do that, let's not forget non-shield melee too.

And since most of these nerfs have already been done, when will we have nerfed these classes enough?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2012, 07:46:38 am »
Nerf nerfs!