Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27135 times)

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:45 am »
thomek, perhaps you die to ranged so much because you do absolutely nothing to counter it.

On my light armour 1h / spear char i regularly get awesome kdrs just by hunting archers, because i actually bloody counter archers and cav, rather than just go 2h hero and expect to chamber arrows etc. I have 4 shield skill and a low tier shield (unheirloomed) and i rarely EVER get shot (ever, ever, ever). Is it the game's fault that you cba putting 2 skill in to shield ? should the game have to change because you cannot think ?

If you nerf archers further i think it will just be a joke quite how pathetically easy archers will be to kill for builds like mine. It's already like hunting turkeys in a cage, nerf them even more and i'll be able to play sleeping.
i agree, lets balance the game around your build

truth be told, i think range needs a buff

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:38 am »
+2
I definitely feel safe when Thomek is on.  :twisted:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:30 am »
+3
i agree, lets balance the game around your build

truth be told, i think range needs a buff

that's my point, my build is designed to counter the threats, therefore they are not a problem for me. I've literally built my build around the system, rather than asking for the system to accomodate for my crap build.

You are the one who is trying to counter rock with scissors, then crying when the scissors won't beat the rock. I have made a paper build to beat the rock, and i beat it. Nerf the rock and there's no point in the paper build, and no point in the rock build.

(subtle metaphor)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:53 am »
@Tears
I'm not talking removal here.. Just decimate their numbers a few times. About half would be OK.

Also come to EU more often. I heard NA is paradise compared to it.

I do come to EU often considering the FB is two-thirds EU, and it seems to be a bit more arrows, a bit less throwing, a few more horse archers, a lot less horse crossbows and a wee bit more two-hand heros... And less sexy Tears... Also a lot less ragey ragey folks tbh, nicer imo.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:02 am »
what if i dont find gaying people with a fucking hoplite build and just zerging everyone down fun?
what if i like to actually challenge myself and play agaisnt 1v2, 1v3, 1v4?

nah bro i just get shot

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:53 am »
+1
I'm starting to get a bit bored of the maps on EU1. Flat featureless maps with abundance of cav/ranged gets old pretty fast
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2012, 12:59:34 am »
I miss Panos  :cry:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:19 am »
+2
what if i dont find gaying people with a fucking hoplite build and just zerging everyone down fun?

nah bro i just get shot

Would it make you feel better if I told you that due to your posts on the forums, every Fallen archer and most other non-fallen archers that I know just aim at you to be funny and single you out?

True story, not even lying.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:57 am »

nah bro i just get shot

how about, take a shield, with 2 shield skill, when you're withing ~5 feet of an archer put it away.

I mean i'm no genius but ... i think a retard with a notebook could figure that one out.

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 01:02:28 am »
+4
I even hunt range, and have tools to deal with them. (*mw snowflakes) Just ask any top EU archer, i.ex blackbow if he feels safe when I'm on.. Just that..

Oh no! He has mw snowflakes! Archers! You are doomed! Death is coming for you!

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:50 am »
So, either nerf popularity of cav and range or give infantry a buff. Or I guess u could give foot players a sprint skill. Maybe that would lessen the rage.

I guess u could just make a class extremely boring.
Pock gobblers

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
how about, take a shield, with 2 shield skill, when you're withing ~5 feet of an archer put it away.

I mean i'm no genius but ... i think a retard with a notebook could figure that one out.
i played with 3 shield skill for a longgg time
and then i tried to play without and realized i was a retard all this time for using a shield

even if you NEVER got shot through your shield it'd still be worthless because they just run away when you get close, can't win if you can't hit them.

hell i GTX off of 1h because i would get shot regardless of 5 shield skill, wtf is the point?

if i just ran from every melee fight and just 100% hunted archers i guess id get shot less but that doesnt sound very fun and challenging

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:30 am »
i played with 3 shield skill for a longgg time
and then i tried to play without and realized i was a retard all this time for using a shield

even if you NEVER got shot through your shield it'd still be worthless because they just run away when you get close, can't win if you can't hit them.

hell i GTX off of 1h because i would get shot regardless of 5 shield skill, wtf is the point?

if i just ran from every melee fight and just 100% hunted archers i guess id get shot less but that doesnt sound very fun and challenging

i think that's more to do with you not being very good at the game, rather than shield being bad

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2012, 01:16:43 am »
If people are really upset about all the archers in crpg, get rid of strat. I guarantee that over half of the archers will be gone simply from that. Most of the influx of archers on NA for example is in preparation for the strat wipe.

Hell when I was an archer, it was for strat since my old clan needed more archers. So I promise you if you got rid of strat, the archer "problem" will be gone.

Note: I am not serious about getting rid of strat but strat is a big reason why there are so many archers. Just pointing that out.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:10 am »
+3
I feel that I should inform you that range has had almost nothing but soft (and hard) nerfs for as long as I remember, how about we simply buff infantry, and make top-level armor even better against range, as well as buffing shields against it? Every major patch had an archery nerf in it (besides the highly questionable patch that nerfed limb damage completely and buffed range head-shot damage... Range never needed that headshot buff.. But even then that patch had a major nerf in it).

With the "damage dealt" statistic released long ago, it showed for both NA and EU that the damage dealt by archery, throwing and crossbows were significantly less (archery was about 8% iirc) then melee, though I should also point out polearms were about 30% damage (probably due lances tbh, though that is pure speculation of course).

The problem is not range being too prevalent, it is simply range existing.

Range makes players rage. It is a useful mechanic for breaking up massive melee fights and creating more of a dynamic battlefield as well as being a core mechanic of M&B, but it also creates rage in players if they die. A player can die only once every six deaths from range and they will rage, they can be shot only every other match and they will rage, it is simply because it denies them a small amount of "control" that they are used to and thus will make them rage.

There is no fixing this besides the complete and utter removal of any and all range.

All my pluses.

The sense of entitlement of some players is incredible. They complain if ranged dares to shoot at them when they are in the open with no regard for cover, and they even lose some health to two arrows!

It used to be madness to take the melee into a position where enemy archers had a good position to shoot into. Now people run right into any situation, and maybe a few players get killed by archers and some get stunned and killed by enemy melee. And that's the worst case that can happen. Still that's more than enough to make people rage.

The rage isn't the problem however. It's the fact that you don't need to adapt to the game, whining on the forums is enough to get the game adapted to you.