Author Topic: New version: 0.287  (Read 23867 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: New version: 0.287
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2012, 08:36:11 pm »
I really dig the score system. Only beef with it is it is a bit cluttered and aesthetically unpleasing...but I don't think there is a feasible solution for that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:31 pm »
QUESTION DEVS:

Is it intentional or unintentional that after the round tks/tws are counted in the score?

If its not, can it be fixed?  (yea i know, realllllly low priority item)

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2012, 09:19:18 pm »
I don't like it.

Scoreboards are just an e-penis grow formula. They are when they are simple, they are when they are complicated...

Now you have a "difficult" formula that evidently favors one class, whose e-penises have grown in one day. There will be tweaks and then another class will have their own e-penises grown.

At last we will reach a point where "someone" (guess who) will decide it is balanced ... though it's not, so everything will be the same as always, but with a lot of unnecesary work in between ...

My advice: leave e-penises as they are ... after all, they are electronic ...

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2012, 09:24:41 pm »
+6
I like it. Infantry support is now much more rewarding!

In game chat has some interesting thoughts about the score system. The people who active seek out those pesky cavalry are doing well, while the peasant hunters are wondering why thier solo spam and 10/1 ratios are not making them top dog anymore.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1669
  • Infamy: 1656
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »
I don't mind it atm. But this will affect XP and gold gain in the future and to be honest, I don't like how it works.

Edit: If you're thinking to replace multi with this and considering wipe because of it, in that case I wish you good luck because I don't think majority will appreciate it.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:30 pm »
i hope its not neccessary to explain why the formular has to be made public .... it would just make no sense if oracle formular
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Zildjan

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zildjian_BlackCompany
  • IRC nick: Zildjian
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2012, 09:49:30 pm »
That's really the only difference?  Feels to me like I can now use any weapon without speed penalty for low WPF.  Maybe it's just me...

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »
BUG: Taking fall damage lowers your score.
it counts as team damage, to yourself.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »
BUG: Taking fall damage lowers your score.
it counts as team damage, to yourself.
taking falldamage is silly enough to justify  -score xD
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2012, 10:32:20 pm »
+4
I think it's pretty accurate so far, although I think that the proximity thing may not be so accurate. I got three points earlier for being around a team fight that I didn't hit anyone in. Sure I was supporting my team and effected team movements but I didnt feel useful enough to get three points.

Also I thinkt aht archers should be penalized extra for hitting team mates, and get a few more points for hitting enemies. Hitting enemies with arrows is extremely useful and since they wont get proximity bonus they need some sort of incentive. Also hitting allies most times is a result of simple greed and bad choices.

That being said I think it's done a remarkable good job. I notice people doing a lot of killing doing very well, but often i see support people having far many more points than someone with more kills than them, because they are poking with polearms or something or assisting the people doing the killing and doing a lot of damage. I think it's nice.

It's always frustrating when I would run into a big group with a morningstar, whack five of them doing a lot of damage, but get no kills and hve nothing to show for it! I think it's a very good start towards and accurate assist/points system! Thank you CMP and chadz and anyone else who helped with this!

But please don't neglect NA servers with the updates, especially NA 2. I know you all favor EU and that's fine, but NA is here too dont forget us!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2012, 10:34:31 pm »
+1
Why is everyone talking about score points being related to xp/gold gain. Afaik there hasn't been any statement which would justify such a conclusion.
And yes, it would be silly to base that of the score points, I agree. It's nice for all those people who actually shoot at cav or other rangers as a reward in the e-peen contest. To base progression of the character upon this isn't the way to go and I am sure the devs have something else in mind. Something smarter.

Just relax and wait  :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 2237
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:24 pm »
Because both chadz & cmp said numerous times that multi will be replaced with a new system. I guess this is the new system they were talking about.

2. Change the multi system
Yes, the multi system is silly. I have no trouble admitting that :]

It makes you stop playing when you drop to x1, and it forces you to continue playing when you have x5. 

Therefore, we'll change the system to something that rewards personal skill and risk more. It will be, among other factors, proximity based, as we had in the early versions of cRPG. It will definately not be purely kill based, we don't want to reward fraghunters over teamplayers. It will also not reward proximity leechers. You can expect this change soon.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »
Why is everyone talking about score points being related to xp/gold gain. Afaik there hasn't been any statement which would justify such a conclusion.
And yes, it would be silly to base that of the score points, I agree. It's nice for all those people who actually shoot at cav or other rangers as a reward in the e-peen contest. To base progression of the character upon this isn't the way to go and I am sure the devs have something else in mind. Something smarter.

Just relax and wait  :?

Tbh basing progression on how your team does sounds good but it extensively proved to be bad for the game's atmosphere. Shifting the rewards on a more individual level would not feel unjust like the multi system.

Btw, what is this auto lance couching everyone is speaking about ? Is it only working on EU_1 ?

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2012, 10:59:28 pm »
its awesome! I love it. I love how it shows who is the most team player

now we need a total score counter on the site. and a leader boards for total scores.