Author Topic: New version: 0.287  (Read 24642 times)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: New version: 0.287
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:43 pm »
If guy1 had the enemy1 down to 10%, he would have already picked up 5-7 points during the fight. One of the glitches right now is that a finishing blow seems to be calculated on raw damage, it's not capped by the target's actual HP, so guy2 would get like 5 points for landing a big blow, when he really should just be getting 1-2 points for finishing the remaining HP, and then maybe another 1-2 points for a kill bonus (This is why lancers get so many points still, cuz they get massive scores for doing a 150hp damage couch attack on an archer). So guy1 picks up 5-7 for doing the hard work, and guy2 picks up 2-4 points for the important kill blow.

As I said before I'm OK with this. The bonus for finishing just shouldn't be too high. 1-2 is ok, but 4 is too much as it's only a bonus to the actual damage done.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »
I like it overall, but can you tell us how it works chadz?  We could probably give better feedback if we knew more how it worked.  Like generally how things are rewarded/penalized?  Don't need exact numbers per say, just an overview.

Also, in siege are there rewards for capping flag or opening/closing gates?  Pushing siege tower?
Not sure if that is even possible but would be cool for objective based gameplay being rewarded.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:41 pm »
I don't see a reason for a kill bonus tbh but I guess the 2h heroes need something to finally shut up ;)

Just make it 2 points or something and the same as ranged headshot. Killing blow is killing blow, no matter from how far away it was done.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »
Score should be so that k/d becomes neglectable and can simply be skipped imho ... Since  that guy with most damage dealt to enemies most propably has  good k/d its basically unnessessary to track k/d.
Nevertheless , if score mainly based on damage dealt it would still favor high damage/dps classes over supporting classes. Im not sure if thats good or bad...
Possibly solveable by including the plain <HIT> amount plus the <DAMAGE> dealt into consideratioin..
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:27:20 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2012, 05:25:23 pm »
+3
I'd rather we had less emphasis on personal score and more on simply rewarding the team as a whole. Its nice to pick some people out as good performers, but I don't think it should go into too much detail. The more detail we add the more we will see how much is still missing. I say keep it simple and reward team players as a whole by rewarding the whole team for a win. Then maybe have some MVP's, or something similar to the valour system for good performers.

Team work is a very dynamic concept, you can't really account for even 1% of it with some score system. The more its developed, the more emphasis is put on it the more people will just find different ways to farm points rather than do whats actually in the team's best interests.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:42 pm »
I'd rather we had less emphasis on personal score and more on simply rewarding the team as a whole. Its nice to pick some people out as good performers, but I don't think it should go into too much detail. The more detail we add the more we will see how much is still missing. I say keep it simple and reward team players as a whole by rewarding the whole team for a win. Then maybe have some MVP's, or something similar to the valour system for good performers.

Team work is a very dynamic concept, you can't really account for even 1% of it with some score system. The more its developed, the more emphasis is put on it the more people will just find different ways to farm points rather than do whats actually in the team's best interests.
+1
agreed, as i mentioned in my previous posts...
yet , since scorepoints are there now , we have to deal with the situation for the moment and make it as much usefull as possible ...
One of the bad scenarios for the system would be that its intention (the idea to reward teamplay and supporting ) would be simply ignored due its to "miraculous" or inappreaciated character (to complex or so). This would render its intention to improver teamwork due rewarding ineffective.
"code is law"~lessig
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:44:48 pm by Micah »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2012, 05:45:02 pm »
This actually sounds like a bug, maybe the last blow doesn't count at all. Would also explain some other strange results. Can someone test?

Oh and the formula is no secret, will post it soon.

It seems like this might be the case.  In DTV last night I noticed that my score at one point was a fair bit lower than a teammate with substantially less kills.  We were both infantry with myself generally killing bots in one hit and he taking several.  The bots killed by both parties were the bots agro'd to us individually so his higher score could not be explained by assists.  In that light it certainly looks like the final blow counts for less than it should.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2012, 06:02:14 pm »
- opponent players score
I want to +100 you but i cant  :(
Good teamplay is often to NOT deal most damage or any at all
(click to show/hide)
Real good battle behavior and teamplay can never be rewarded by points ...
 but will forever stay in the memory of the other players you helped (hopefully)  - and the memory of the tricked opponent ofc xD

Score should never direct playstyle !!!because it is not able to!!! , just being a little rewarding at times is the only thing it can be good for. To many players tend to play for score which is silly in many ways .

One of my favorite things to do is to take a shield and block that nasty 2hand trying to to spam my friends, not even once trying to hit him. That way, people can freely hit him without me hitting my friends, I just block his weapon. Tho, it sometimes DOES mess peoples hits when I'm on the way, but sometimes it's better than him killing everyone.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2012, 07:25:19 pm »
Score system is OK but damaging horses should award less points than hitting players.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »
Honestly I don't care about scoreboard, other than to see if any clan mate is online too.

What scares me the most, is the upcoming shitstorm if the xp / gold gain will be related to this system.

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »
Score system is OK but damaging horses should award less points than hitting players.
if horses would deal less damage this might be reasonable...

Edit:
Honestly I don't care about scoreboard, other than to see if any clan mate is online too.
Lies!

What scares me the most, is the upcoming shitstorm if the xp / gold gain will be related to this system.
True
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:39:25 pm by Micah »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »
I love the score system.  I'd adjust a few things however.

I think a kill should be worth significantly more points than an assist.  No, not because people who get lots of kills should be at the top....but because killing an enemy helps the team a LOT more than hitting him.  I can have 3 hps left and still slaughter many players.

Slightly less points for hitting horses.  Yes, its a great help to hit and kill horses...but I think more points should be awarded for actually hitting and killing players rather than ruining their "equipment."

Maybe points for damaging and breaking shields? 

Overall, really nice change.  it is awesome!  Good job to all involved.

Now, please add the "dead bodies absorb damage" patch to the NA seige server.  Please.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2012, 07:53:32 pm »
Few things the scoring system should consider:

- level difference
- gear difference (killing a can in peasant gear = more points)
- killing blows should grant an extra point(s), it still is better than just damaging

agree with that !!!

Seems that this community thinks I'm a genuine asshole so maybe it's time to start acting like one. That will include everything that's not against the rules.

like i said u was cool in past what happend to you ?
maybe u need a small break ???!!!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:59 pm »
+1
algorythm here:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/adjust-the-new-scoresystem-slightly-feedback/msg573046/#msg573046

locking this thread for a few hours so the discussion moves there :)