Author Topic: 1h tips!  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: 1h tips!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 04:00:04 pm »
No offense, Riddaren, but that is a stupid build and far from potentially OP. :lol:

Fun, maybe, but OP? :lol:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »
No offense, Riddaren, but that is a stupid build and far from potentially OP. :lol:

Fun, maybe, but OP? :lol:

:D

Don't underestimate this build, it can be deadly good if used by a skilled player with patience.

I mean, in theory, if you were really good, you could be able to take on 10 melee guys at the same time.

38 HP and low armour surely makes you extremely fragile vs ranged but they are also the only ones who can kill you really.
And with 12 athletics dodging missiles becomes as easy as it can get.

Melee (horses and infantry) can only kill you if you let them.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »
If by fine you mean having 0-5 score 80% of the time then you might be right :P

301/787, 1:2.6 is my stats so far with this build.
I have even topped the scoreboard a few times, for a few rounds... :D

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 05:17:11 pm »
I think Kinngrimm has a 12/30 build or something in that line. Probably a 31+ build, but he's doing pretty well with it, topping the score most of the time I see him on the servers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:38 am »

There is more, but I might make a really conclusive tutorial with videos sometime next year or December(next year).

I am still waiting for two handed tutorial!
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 01:30:31 pm »
@Laufknoten kingrimm is lvl 35 and isnt the best shielder

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 10:19:01 pm »
Most important rule I have is "Stay alive!". I suck at duels and 1v1, but when it comes to getting kills I'm ok with that. Most people die, because they hunt kills and get into bad positions. I try not to. Everytime I die is mainly, because I played without brains and got myself into bad situation. Shield helps out a lot in staying alive. Its better to turtle and swing for a long time than get one kill and die.

I'm doing 24/15 build. So far its 21/15 and its very effective.
I also have 15/18 atm and its ok with masterwork nordic. I do suggest getting atleast PS 7.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 10:32:50 am »
Stick to the bad guys left shoulder like your life depends on it and then do this http://recordsetter.com/world-record/longest-time-running-bat-on-forehead/9341#contentsection

While following Koyama's tip.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:49 am »
I played it last gen and it was pretty damn brutal(Im going for it again this gen)
People kick you so what ?
With this build you gonna have
7 PS
7 IF
5 ATH
5 WM

if they managed to kick/slash you you lose a portion of your health but if you managed to land your left swing , you kill them in max 3 hits no matter what they wear.
In battle,strat or siege kicks are not very effective most of the people fail at timing their kick and or even if they kick they fail at hitting due to timing mistake but landing your left swing is the easiest thing to do :)
%0 chance to glance , it goes to head all the time = WIN .

This is my way of playing shielder , since i actively play on strat i have to have a STR based character but for public use 18/18 is just fine aswell.

I disagree people who claim that shielders should be fastmover spammers , i tried that aswell and it's funny how fail that is.

I play my shielder as a pusher , since i have a fucking huge shield i should be the guy who climbs the ladder , rushes to tower , charge the enemy group first !

I heard people giving athletics to shielders because they think it's their duty to chase archers lol
It's horsemen's job not yours !

Some people say you need athletics to getaway from bad situations.
Yeah you do need it unless you have a shield that blocks any attack coming towards you.You can just hold right click and wait for your teammates to arrive.After few hit people will start relentlessly swing their weapons at you and lose concentration thinking you are paniced and since you are a shielder you deal shit damage so they don't even think about possibility of getting hurt by your attack , then ta-da a surprise left-swing might even get you an easy kill while you wait for your teammates.

Some people say you need athletics to switch targets faster and hit them more times by your high wpf.
I disagree again.

Let's think of it.
Your steel pick is your best tincan opener it deals 32p
Surprise ! Great maul deals 43b ,has crush through and its longer

Elite scimitar a high tier mainstream 3 direction 1h deals 31c
Warcleaver a high tiermainstream 3 direction 2h deals 45c and its longer

Nordic champion sword a high tier mainstream 4 direction 1h deals 32c
Danish greatsword a high tier mainstream 4 direction 2hander deals 40c and it's longer

Take those 2 handers if you want to be an agiwhore bunny like jumping spammer because even with low PS , they hit like a truck but when you swing your 31c damage sword with 5 ps...its just a source of entertainment to your enemy.
You are outclassed in damage and reach while your weapons are always faster .
Giving more speed will just cause faster glances to compete with 2handers in terms of damage and being deadly , you need to increase your damage as much as you can to compete this damage .Since  you can't have longer reach than any 2h and you are already faster only thing you need to improve is your damage.

TL;DR 100 bites of a fly can't kill a man but a single bite of lion can .

Yeah it's a solid build but I would make 1 change, not a big one but I've found it helps.

21/18

6IF
7PS
4Shield
6ATH

But you need a good +3 Shield.

The other way to go that I find terrifying is:

24/15

7IF
8PS
3Shield
5ATH

You take a serious beating and deliver horrible amounts of damage. I like this build for cav but with the ATH subbed for riding, I also wear full +3 plate and ride a cataphract so I take a serious beating and when I do finally land a hit through the sea of 300 ping it really, really hurts.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 06:37:32 am »
Yeah it's a solid build but I would make 1 change, not a big one but I've found it helps.

21/18

6IF
7PS
4Shield
6ATH

But you need a good +3 Shield.

The other way to go that I find terrifying is:

24/15

7IF
8PS
3Shield
5ATH

You take a serious beating and deliver horrible amounts of damage. I like this build for cav but with the ATH subbed for riding, I also wear full +3 plate and ride a cataphract so I take a serious beating and when I do finally land a hit through the sea of 300 ping it really, really hurts.
But why no WM ?
Without sufficient WPF , your heavy armour will destroy the bonus damage that given by your powerstrike so giving 8 ps would be useless.
If you decide to wear light armor it's ok but with heavy armor i don't see the point of giving more ps since your damage is getting cropped by wpf penalty heavily.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 06:49:53 am »
I tested out the cropping with heavy armour going naked and in full plate and dealt the same damage. I'm not sure if it has an effect on PS, I know it does on throwing and archery.

104 should be all I need for 8 power strike. I would like to know if it really is doing it, because if it is then I really need to change my build to 21/15 with 5 points in MW to deal with the heavy wpf reduction.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to go back and test it again.

-----

Just tested it on duel.

Full plate I did half damage to a guy with an over head.

Same guy naked first hit only did a quarter I then held the swing on for a second more and did the same damage.

I don't think it effects PS...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:56:44 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:26 am »
I tested out the cropping with heavy armour going naked and in full plate and dealt the same damage. I'm not sure if it has an effect on PS, I know it does on throwing and archery.

104 should be all I need for 8 power strike. I would like to know if it really is doing it, because if it is then I really need to change my build to 21/15 with 5 points in MW to deal with the heavy wpf reduction.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'm going to go back and test it again.
No problem , i didn't test it personally , im speaking by what i read on "Game mechanics mega thread"
Melee damage
Damage before armor is calculated by:
Code: [Select]
hold_bonus * (WPF*0.01*0.15+0.85)*(power_strike*0.08+1.0)+strength/5.0
Implications:
- Each power strike point is 8% extra damage
- 10 wpf is equal to 1.5% damage. You have a 15% damage penalty at 0 wpf compared to base weapon damage. At 100 wpf there is no penalty or bonus to damage.

But still , 5 wm is too much you get 146 or something wpf with it but 120 is enough for my armour set for example.2 wm would be sufficient.Cuz with 120 wpf , i get 101 effective wpf (No penalty from wpf).
With 5 wm i get 147 wpf and 124 effective wpf it gives me like 2 damage more.
Instead of 2 more damage , you could invest those 3 excess points into riding or throwing maybe but with 3 points you couldn't be useful rider nor thrower tho :D

For people who doesn't know how to calculate stuff and charbuild in cRPG:
Test your effective WPF here : http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

edit:
Tap your attacks for fair test , you know holding your attack increases your damage aswell .

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 01:39:28 pm »
+1
Until now I always went 21/15 with 5 WM, on my final build (and one I ceased retireing) I've ditched WM in favour of 24/15 - I wear heavy equipment and while most players are faster than me they certainly feel the pain when I hit them. Speed bonus, holds and head shots thrown in I'll kill equally well armoured players in three to four hits on average. Great build for piling into a mob, well able to whistand the innumerable team hits a group-oriented shielder exposes himself to.

Highly recommended if you rather stick to the pack than go solo.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »
4 wm is enough for pure 1h shielder? wpf penaly is like 30-35 with my armor, or it is better to have 6 wm and 2 if less?
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 04:47:48 pm »
4 wm is enough for pure 1h shielder? wpf penaly is like 30-35 with my armor, or it is better to have 6 wm and 2 if less?

0 is enough, I'm sure you'll do fine with 4.