Author Topic: AGI sucks.  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: AGI sucks.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 07:45:00 am »
As one of the highest str chars currently playing I can tell you that str has nothing at all to do with defense against crush through

Also skilled players with agi kick a high str char's ass in 1  v 1

With all the QQing lately about str builds I'm thinking abotu going 3/36 next gen just to lulululul

lololol will be on you, 9 str is pretty much minimun if you want your crpg experience to involve hitting players...
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Puppybull

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
  • Faction: The Free Companies of Calradia
  • Game nicks: Apsalar / o2O / Chaotic_Good / Xaeros_Unicorns / 2Laggy4U
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:44 am »
As one of the highest str chars currently playing I can tell you that str has nothing at all to do with defense against crush through

Also skilled players with agi kick a high str char's ass in 1  v 1

With all the QQing lately about str builds I'm thinking abotu going 3/36 next gen just to lulululul
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:46 am »
I'm trying my first STR build above 18, specifically because Agi provides no bonuses besides the related skill unlocks.
str provides only hits besides the skills/item requirement unlocks.
If you could increase str or agi and this does not raise a skill limit it is basically a choice between 1 more HP and a small runspeed bonus.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 11:25:10 am »
lololol will be on you, 9 str is pretty much minimun if you want your crpg experience to involve hitting players...
As someone knowing from experience, This is not true at all.
3 strength builds can use several pretty good weapons, and can get kills.
List of weapons for ultra max killing dudes with 3 strength:
Shortened spear, Spear, Nomad sabre, Short word, Nordic Short Sword.
List of weapons for cool dudes with 3 strength:
Light Spiked Club, Long dagger, khyber knife, cleaver, [insert peasant/practice weapon Such as Scythe, Sickle, etc.]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:30:17 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 02:29:49 pm »
Sadly though with the 3 strength, against higher armored dudes you have to completely rely on running in and out to get hits. It took quite a while to take down heavily armored people, since I had to rely on pretty much the highest speed bonus I could get. Well, unless they made the mistake of running without a helmet. Fire_to_light_the_way had a few fun times killing helmetless people.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:06 pm »
I regularly could killed Wallace in duels with a shortened spear with 3 strength.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 02:58:48 pm »
Oh, shortened spear I could definitely see. I only used one handed weapons, so, not much in the way of high pierce damage with that low strength.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11:03 pm »
I regularly could killed Wallace in duels with a shortened spear with 3 strength.

I'd like to see a video of that.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »
I went all str build lol and I agree now, AGI sucks.
Agi is good if you're a hybrid or you want a bit more running speed.. Or shield if you're 1h+ shield, but otherwise it seems pretty much pointless since my 0wm allows me 100+ wpf in 2h which is more than enough to not be out spammed. xD

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
Agi and high athl is what protects me against ranged, few ranged people can hit me when I spasm with my mouse. High athl really complements my long hafted blade. Superior speed and superior range makes that I rarely have to block (except 2h stabs with their ridiculous range) Against shielders my high agi is great fun too. I hit their shield, run backwards and get my next hit in before their missed slash has even finished. To make the most out of polearm stun, high agi is required.

I also hate being slow in a battle. When the last enemies are far away its just wonderful to be there in no time. Also with nine athlethics I outrun pretty much everyone and I dont believe 5-6 athl characters could keep up with me. So I love agi but I have never used a strength build so dont have something to compare it too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:46:30 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2011, 05:30:50 pm »
Long Hafted Blade is LOLSWORD of polearms, too easy for too little effort. These days only people who impress me is 1h noshielders.

As to 3 STR chars: No. Sorry, fun idea, I tried it too, but realistically: NO

Can be made of course, and you will have some fun, but once you have done the running trick once on a guy he wont let u again.

NOW: Of COURSE u can make 3 STR build and get kills.

You can make a all STR build and kill with punches if you find enough noobs, get lucky, etc.
But against people who are not the zerg, NO.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:04 pm »
Long Hafted Blade is LOLSWORD of polearms, too easy for too little effort. These days only people who impress me is 1h noshielders.

So if almost everything is easy isn't it evenly fair?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 04:49:50 am »
I'd like to see a video of that.
Sorry, I didn't see the point of recording something like that.
The fights between me and wallace went like this:
Me stabbing him a lot with slightly held attacks varying in time so he couldn't chamber me. When he did chamber me, I just chambered his attack right back at him.
He is too slow to hit me with a regular attack since I had 10 ath 10 WM and have decent footwork & blocking.
 -- I still lost a lot to him, because if i get hit once I die. But I beat him more than lost. If he put on a gambeson and such light armor, his chambers come back at me too fast for me to chamber. he is a better dueler without the armor. It lowers his WPF and he has 3 agi as it is :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:52:13 am by Marathon »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:17 am »
he is a better dueler without the armor. It lowers his WPF and he has 3 agi as it is :)

and this is the issue. Its a duel. I too have tried to make a nearly pure (only 6 strength) agility character, and I found it realistically unviable for battle or siege. Speed is more important in a duel with controlled conditions, but in a battle, there are many other factors which makes strength the superior stat.

Marathon, you're a good enough player that you could get kills even with a bad build, but I bet you would be a lot more effective with some points in strength and PS.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 12:26:38 pm »
and this is the issue. Its a duel. I too have tried to make a nearly pure (only 6 strength) agility character, and I found it realistically unviable for battle or siege. Speed is more important in a duel with controlled conditions, but in a battle, there are many other factors which makes strength the superior stat.

Marathon, you're a good enough player that you could get kills even with a bad build, but I bet you would be a lot more effective with some points in strength and PS.

You're NA I take it? Cause otherwise you would see sleggs_handler on EU with 3/39 build and spear regulary killing people in battle and having possitive KDR, from time to time even topping the scoreboards. It's far from useless, the only downside is, obviously, that he dies in 2 arrows or 1-2 hits.