Author Topic: Several new players  (Read 8478 times)

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
Re: Several new players
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »
I love tera to a point. We are all 60 on tera, but all there is to do now is grind nexus.... which is BORING. I found crpg on the mod list on the tales site i believe.
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »
Oh dont get me wrong.... i know they are different, and i will say this game is abit harder to get use to. But at the same time it didnt take me more than a few hours to actually start getting the mechanics down to where i understood what i was doing wrong without guidance. We are all at the point now though, where we need to play with people to fine tune some stuff and learn what we are still doing incorrectly. And im sure there is alot of stuff we still dont know about, and that is expected.

this is sounding much more realistic!
the basics come quick, the fine tuning takes time.  glad to hear you guys are picking it up - once players get to a decent level of proficiency they are much more likely to stay cause they won't get destroyed all the time lol :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »
+1
This is pretty much best advice. Wouldnt join fallen they are 80-90% an EU clan you will end up playing by yourselves most of the time. Occasionally several of them will come over to NA from EU to try to trick people into thinkign there are NA players in fallen to get NA players to join but everyone whose been around for awhile knows better.

As a fallen player, I don't exactly agree, we had a temporary low point but most NA Fallen have returned from their "distractions." (Like me, for example). If you play evenings then it would work out, but to each their own I suppose.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
+1
Ahh pledge allegiance to the Kaiser now and join the Reich!

I guess our average age is around 25, we are disciplined and hardcore siege grinders! :lol:

You won't forget moments like this:
(click to show/hide)

apply on our forums http://www.holyromanempire.de.vu/

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:07 pm »
I remember killing TugBoat in a 1v1 when he was on EU1 :) This was at 2AM when I'm normally just leeching.
I remember Tugboat killing everyone on that server including me (ofc if it weren't for my lag I'd have survived and we'd have ended up fighting endlessly until we reached draw unless some EU agimy old friend gaysworder backstabbed us 'cuss EUrs suck and us NArs are pros!), 'cuss He's an NAr and he's just better than you EU my old friends!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »
Chaos or Remnants? I love those guys but they aren't exactly new player friendly.

KUTT (the clan I am in) plays mostly in siege mode. We coordinate well and use strategy.

NH is another clan that tries to coordinate and use strategy. They are very very noob friendly. Most of their members are noobs, but they try.

Astralis, TKoV, and SoW are all good clans with solid players and solid leaders. TKoV is mostly a battle oriented clan. Astralis and SoW probably play equal parts in both siege and battle.

KUTT probably plays more in Siege but we have a diverse membership base and we spend plenty of time in duel, battle, and siege. We are also very active in strategus which is similar to single player campaign but it's clans fighting.

Remnants and Chaos are very good, but tend to be more about personal skill rather than strategy. I know that Chaos especially is very active in strategus and excellent in strategus tactics. Either one of those are good clans, although last I heard applications to Remnants were closed.

The King of Boats is correct here.

All these clans have good players and leadership. As you play just notice who's on and see who you like the best.

As has been suggested, duel server with a decent/good player is the best way to improve. Especially if you're in TS/mumble/etc with them to have them tell you what you did wrong or to explain things to you. There's a lot to learn about the game and you might learn things even if you have played other games that are similar. Every game has its own quirks and play style.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »

I guess our average age is around 25, we are disciplined and hardcore siege grinders! :lol:

(click to show/hide)

All those guys are fakers, I'm the only real HRE.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »
We are all at the point now though, where we need to play with people to fine tune some stuff and learn what we are still doing incorrectly.

Prepare to get destroyed first 2-3 months of "fine tuning". :wink:

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 10:00:25 pm »
+1
this is sounding much more realistic!
the basics come quick, the fine tuning takes time.  glad to hear you guys are picking it up - once players get to a decent level of proficiency they are much more likely to stay cause they won't get destroyed all the time lol :)

The whole attraction that drew us to the game is the brutality. The fact that a clothy can jab someone in the eye and kill them is so fun. The array of weapons and armor makes everyone look somewhat unique, and over all its just fun to play. We will be sticking around....

Thanks again everyone for the responses. Glad to see the whole community is not overlaid with constant trolling lol.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »
+1
Hey hey guys you forgot the most newb friendly clan ever is the Hospitallers! Since no one else mentioned us I find it best to remind everybody about how awesome we are and our willingness to take in new Players is unmatched. As long as you guys are 18+ and are chill in TS that's all that really matters to us. And occasionally we like to show up NH and KUTT in teamwork which is always fun. The other good thing about us is that we probably have more members than KUTT and NH together so you'll hardly lack for ppl to play with.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline TucKMuncK

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TM
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:17 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Yup wont forget how wolper took that castle! Such glorious day
In memory of TucKMuncK_Wolper, member of River Pirates, ruler of Amashke

Offline Search

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:54 pm »
My question got overlooked but I really just want to know if Spades is playing with you guys in cRPG.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »
Prepare to get destroyed first 2-3 months of "fine tuning". :wink:

Its really not that bad.... .

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

(click to show/hide)

I've seen a few Na HRE, getting a NA squad up soon?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:03 pm »
+2
As a fallen player, I don't exactly agree, we had a temporary low point but most NA Fallen have returned from their "distractions." (Like me, for example). If you play evenings then it would work out, but to each their own I suppose.

I don't think people realize all the fallen on because you aren't all standing on a hill shooting arrows a mile away as the last group left alive.