Author Topic: Several new players  (Read 8456 times)

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
Re: Several new players
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 09:05:07 pm »
+2
Chaos or Remnants? I love those guys but they aren't exactly new player friendly.

Sure we are.  Help them develop individual skill and they can do what they want with it - even form their own clan or merc group, since there's 4 of them.  A couple of us puutie sperglords have a degree of selflessness.

(click to show/hide)

Check out NH, new dude.  They're awesome guys too, if you like the theme.  They like to employ a ton of fun and versatile builds.  Instead of maxxing out on polearm or 2H, some will give themselves power throw, riding, and/or shield skill.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 09:07:33 pm »
If you're NA, try CHAOS or Remnants.

If you're EU, there are one or two clans that try to help their members improve, namely Byzantium and Mercenaries.

I am one of many good players in EU and my recommendation is to go to the duel server on a daily basis, 1-2 hours and getting your ass kicked by anyone who is better than you. That's the fastest way to improve.

Other than that, check out the Beginner's help section for things that may interest you in your pursuit of skill development.

Anything else, just ask here or the irc(top right corner for link). People there are usually helpful. Just don't expect answers from the devs. :P

well byzantium doesn't train ppl anymore.
You learn things yourself by watching other ppl,and whole clan is going to play guild wars 2 when it comes out (exept me because it is too nerdy for my taste).
If you live in EU join deserters,there is a lot of good players there,and maybie they have time and patience to explain you how to play.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:30 pm »
well byzantium doesn't train ppl anymore.
You learn things yourself by watching other ppl,and whole clan is going to play guild wars 2 when it comes out (exept me because it is too nerdy for my taste).
If you live in EU join deserters,there is a lot of good players there,and maybie they have time and patience to explain you how to play.

Should read the previous posts before postin Mlekce :lol:
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 09:13:03 pm »
Very Thankful for all the response guys. Look forward to seeing everyone on the field :)
Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »
+1
Korgoth butthurt 'cuss Tugboat rapped him.

I remember killing TugBoat in a 1v1 when he was on EU1 :) This was at 2AM when I'm normally just leeching.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:41 pm »
Okay.

How about:

Hey man, you guys must be really talented pro MLG gamers who only need to play for 35+ hours to be able to destroy people with 1000-2000+ hours, so I think you should make your own clan and call it "Pro's from Darkfall". Only people from Darkfall are allowed to join. Sorry if I dared to mention that this game has a steep learning curve and in addition, I dared give you friendly advice that would help you in your quest of computer game dominance(because you are obviously already in dominion of cRPG, we are just too bad at this game to tell). I hope you can see it in yourself to forgive my ignorance.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Search

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »
Character names in Darkfall? Specifically the guys in CO? I played with them a bit.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »
Okay.

How about:

Hey man, you guys must be really talented pro MLG gamers who only need to play for 35+ hours to be able to destroy people with 1000-2000+ hours, so I think you should make your own clan and call it "Pro's from Darkfall". Only people from Darkfall are allowed to join. Sorry if I dared to mention that this game has a steep learning curve and in addition, I dared give you friendly advice that would help you in your quest of computer game dominance(because you are obviously already in dominion of cRPG, we are just too bad at this game to tell). I hope you can see it in yourself to forgive my ignorance.

Rumor has it their kdr is already over 25:1

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »
+1
Skyline does have a point with this game not being much harder than some of the other highly competitive games out there. Fortunately, there is an ever gradual and highly rewarding learning curve that will leave you playing the game for hours. Some good advice was already posted.

Get with a group of experienced players who you guys can get along with. Even if you're in another clan, most other people don't mind guests on their TS. If you properly learn from an experienced player on TS about some of the more advanced mechanics (knowledge > reaction time, twitch, etc), it really doesn't take too long to get great if you are familiar with competitive gaming and are interested in getting better. The only part that always takes time is building up proper muscle memory for blocks.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »
Sure we are.  Help them develop individual skill and they can do what they want with it - even form their own clan or merc group, since there's 4 of them.  A couple of us puutie sperglords have a degree of selflessness.

(click to show/hide)

Check out NH, new dude.  They're awesome guys too, if you like the theme.  They like to employ a ton of fun and versatile builds.  Instead of maxxing out on polearm or 2H, some will give themselves power throw, riding, and/or shield skill.

NH can give themselves points in whatever they want but they still are terrible.

KUTT has a lot of xbow/thrower/cav hybrid builds. Only Sosarian and a few others max that kind of stuff.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:51 pm »
Chaos or Remnants? I love those guys but they aren't exactly new player friendly.

KUTT (the clan I am in) plays mostly in siege mode. We coordinate well and use strategy.

NH is another clan that tries to coordinate and use strategy. They are very very noob friendly. Most of their members are noobs, but they try.

Astralis, TKoV, and SoW are all good clans with solid players and solid leaders. TKoV is mostly a battle oriented clan. Astralis and SoW probably play equal parts in both siege and battle.

KUTT probably plays more in Siege but we have a diverse membership base and we spend plenty of time in duel, battle, and siege. We are also very active in strategus which is similar to single player campaign but it's clans fighting.

Remnants and Chaos are very good, but tend to be more about personal skill rather than strategy. I know that Chaos especially is very active in strategus and excellent in strategus tactics. Either one of those are good clans, although last I heard applications to Remnants were closed.

This is pretty much best advice. Wouldnt join fallen they are 80-90% an EU clan you will end up playing by yourselves most of the time. Occasionally several of them will come over to NA from EU to try to trick people into thinkign there are NA players in fallen to get NA players to join but everyone whose been around for awhile knows better.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »
+1
Okay.

How about:

I forgive you.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 09:34:05 pm »
+3
Darkfall and cRPG ?  (I have played both and some of the other games you mentioned....)

First thing is skyline I dont think anyone is implying you're not a good game player....from the sounds of it you're part of a group that is pretty skilled at FPS and combat mechanics games.   What Bjord and maybe some others are saying is that the two games are different regardless.

So, with that out of the way, I have to say Darkfall and cRPG are somewhat different from one another.  Again, you may very well be good at both, but that doesn't change the fact that they are different - just as Darkfall and Call of Duty are different, but one can be good at both.

Having played both I would say this :
- Darkfall has a faster pace by far (super jumps, fast running, etc) and can be more chaotic (massive aoe magic dmg lol)
- cRPG has combat mechanics that require more control and fine tuning (manual parry blocking, chambering, footwork etc)

(personally, while being decent at Darkfall I found its combat ...silly :|)

So again, I wouldn't necessarily say one is harder than the other, but they are somewhat different.
Welcome to cRPG though - like I said, sounds like you guys will be fine - take your time and you won't burn out.

Personal suggestion though is not to boast too much, even if you are great...in fact it tends to be those that really are great that do the least boasting  :mrgreen:

(PS - what did you think of Tera?)
(Also - how did you get from Native to cRPG?  Where did you find out about cRPG?)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:41:18 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »
+1
Yea DF is more fast paced FPS aiming skills mixed with teamwork/tactics/awareness and staying calm under pressure. cRPG is a lot more relaxed but is less about aim and more about making decisions on the fly, with different attacks types and counters. Movement is a lot more controlled and deliberate too since you have momentum and move slower and theres a lot more depth to melee here

This community has a quiet majority that just plays and has fun, but theres quite a loud obnoxious minority that are still going through puberty
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:53 pm »
+3
Oh dont get me wrong.... i know they are different, and i will say this game is abit harder to get use to. But at the same time it didnt take me more than a few hours to actually start getting the mechanics down to where i understood what i was doing wrong without guidance. We are all at the point now though, where we need to play with people to fine tune some stuff and learn what we are still doing incorrectly. And im sure there is alot of stuff we still dont know about, and that is expected.