Author Topic: Several new players  (Read 8439 times)

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Skyline
  • IRC nick: Skyline
Several new players
« on: July 20, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »
+18
Hello everyone,
Several friends of mine and myself have recently (within the last week) picked up the M&B series from steam since it was only 9 bucks for all 4. We are all very experienced PvPers in lots of other games. (IE Darkfall, UO, EQ,AC,SB,DaoC,Tera,and several others as well as MANY fps games) We are trying to find an active guild to learn with, must have some sort of voice comm (TS or vent, prefer vent tho), needs to be active (we are wanting to try the Stratigis out), and must be ok with us cross gaming from time to time. We are not looking to take info and run or anything like that. We currently have 4, soon to be 6. All looking to get better and have fun with some city sieges ect. All are 25yrs+, 3 Prior Military, and have played together for a very long time so we know how we all react/play in situations. Anyway this is getting to be a book and i didnt intend for that to happen lol. If anyone is looking shoot me a PM!
Thanks for your time!

Common sense is not so common.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Several new players
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »
+2
Might want to put if you are EU or NA.

Also check this forum:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,7.0.html

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:23:03 pm »
+4
Your description fits most of the clans here. My advice - pick a visual style you prefer and choose your clan/guild by that. Also, don't think too highly of your previous experience - it won't help you here :lol:

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:24:39 pm »
Your description fits most of the clans here. My advice - pick a visual style you prefer and choose your clan/guild by that. Also, don't think too highly of your previous experience - it won't help you here :lol:

True, mount and blade is different than most other games. Directional combat isn't that easy to learn.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
+5
If you're NA, try CHAOS or Remnants.

If you're EU, there are one or two clans that try to help their members improve, namely Byzantium and Mercenaries.

I am one of many good players in EU and my recommendation is to go to the duel server on a daily basis, 1-2 hours and getting your ass kicked by anyone who is better than you. That's the fastest way to improve.

Other than that, check out the Beginner's help section for things that may interest you in your pursuit of skill development.

Anything else, just ask here or the irc(top right corner for link). People there are usually helpful. Just don't expect answers from the devs. :P
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »
Good luck! Learn in duel servers because Battle has some down time while Siege may get you in unwanted situations 1v2, 1v3 etc etc

Forgot to mention that the early grind is a little bit tedious...you'll need to be at least 20-25 before being able to do much as a new player. (namely gold for equipment/stats)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:31:04 pm by JeanneArc »
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »
You guys obviously have not seen Darkfall.... Its no different except it has magic and its a full persistent world, along with a slight HP difference. And thank you for the info everyone we already have a good grasp on game play, its really not hard at all.... Just looking for people to do some larger stuff with.

"Anyways, there is no TK in this screenshot.  Only one guy killing another"  - Smoothrich

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »
+2
You guys obviously have not seen Darkfall.... Its no different except it has magic and its a full persistent world, along with a slight HP difference. And thank you for the info everyone we already have a good grasp on game play, its really not hard at all.... Just looking for people to do some larger stuff with.

Well, no offense but battle mode in Warband is nothing like Darkfall. And cRPG community has one of the best players in the whole Warband community. You really want to try being humble if you aim to get anywhere. :P

Try battle mode and you'll most likely rage if you expect it to be easy.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »
+3
Check up the Fallen Brigade, we like teamplay a lots!  :)

We are NA and EU so whichever you're from!  :wink:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35558.0.html
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »
+11
A few attests to one of the most accredited and newbie friendly clans in NA that you should definitely check out:

fucking chaos puutie goddamn hacker nerd sperglord autobalance aboosing admin crutching haxxxxers!

Quote from: Farmer Nate
Though, to be honest, it's only because he knows the truth about those glitching choas puutie my old friend hackers roaming NA, being butt maggot hacker butt dwellers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »
+1
Well, no offense but battle mode in Warband is nothing like Darkfall. And cRPG community has one of the best players in the whole Warband community. You really want to try being humble if you aim to get anywhere. :P

Try battle mode and you'll most likely rage if you expect it to be easy.

Made me think of Miley and Saulcanner dueling in battle once...

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »
What Bjord said.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:08:13 am by Tyr_ »

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »
+3
Chaos or Remnants? I love those guys but they aren't exactly new player friendly.

KUTT (the clan I am in) plays mostly in siege mode. We coordinate well and use strategy.

NH is another clan that tries to coordinate and use strategy. They are very very noob friendly. Most of their members are noobs, but they try.

Astralis, TKoV, and SoW are all good clans with solid players and solid leaders. TKoV is mostly a battle oriented clan. Astralis and SoW probably play equal parts in both siege and battle.

KUTT probably plays more in Siege but we have a diverse membership base and we spend plenty of time in duel, battle, and siege. We are also very active in strategus which is similar to single player campaign but it's clans fighting.

Remnants and Chaos are very good, but tend to be more about personal skill rather than strategy. I know that Chaos especially is very active in strategus and excellent in strategus tactics. Either one of those are good clans, although last I heard applications to Remnants were closed.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »
+4
I not braging about it...    but its very similar, and i have been play a week and have logged 35+ hours on battle and siege. I dont rage over any games... your acting like its so much different or more difficult than any other game... but its not lol

Thank you tugboat, that was more of what i was looking for.

Offline Skyline

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:53 pm »
+1
Also we are looking For NA, We are all in Texas.