Poll

punishment?

yes
yes, permaban
solid yes

Author Topic: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2012, 11:32:26 am »
Not new, it's easy to tell when a person just runs past a wall where you're hidding and starts swinging down his weapon before seeing you're there. There must be a way for them to know and my bet is on edited textures.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:28 am »
+1
The thing with the bushes is that it's a game feature to quit them.

Anyway the other day i was fighting a guy in that map with a camp full of corn plants, where you can't see shit, and he was manual-blocking all my slashes (like 15 in a row) without effort, even when feinting, while i coulnd't see shit (though i have a shield, and I could block blindly), if he had same vision i had, he couldn't have blocked a single slash, so i suspect that lowering graphics details to get a visibility advantage is a common thing amongst players.

I don't know if something can be done in the mod, with the thingy cmp invented (i can't remember the fucking name), in order to avoid bushes to disappear completely. I agree with them being less quality in order to gain performance, but not disappearing, as they're a high strategy spot in order to hide, fight blindly, etc ...

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:52 am »
+2
Not new, it's easy to tell when a person just runs past a wall where you're hidding and starts swinging down his weapon before seeing you're there. There must be a way for them to know and my bet is on edited textures.
You know, it doesnt cost you anything to swing around corners, where you suspect there might be enemies?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:00 am »
It seems too convenient.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:21 am »
+1
Can anyone actually play with ragdolls, dead bodies and full settings everywhere on a full server with a performance heavy map?

me.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:52 pm »
Just because you don't do well doesn't mean its not cheating. Look at the people who have gotten banned for autoblocking, most of them are no named players who can't get kills even with perfect blocking. Do you think they shouldn't get permabanned?

You can make the same argument, oh well my ping is shitty and I get low fps so I can't see attacks as well as those with gaming computers and high speed internet so I use autoblocks to make it fair. Dont ban me or anything like that because that will make you racist against chinease.
Please... shit graphic =/= autoblock... His graphic is uglier than shit! It's enough big punishment lol. Why would anybody turn his game into this crap if it doesn't even give any kind of bonus.

What is your mentioned bonus?
-invisible objects? - cool because as a horseman you get stuck on these and you're dead
-xray vision? - connected with the thing above, it leads to horsemen' death
-more fps? - buying new pc gives more fps as well, should it be banable?

What are other advantages?
As long as he doesn't change textures of helmets to be damn pink and textures of arrows to be light green it is all ok. As long as he doesn't change textures of weapons to light red so it's easier to block it is all ok, but in his screenshots you can see that everything has similar colours which makes it harder to follow the movement of objects.
Have you ever had texture bug? I had a few times with invisible ground so I was running on the sky and it was terrible and affecting footwork as hell.
Also once I had invisible enemies and teammates.
And my favourite thing was when I could see a giant rock and my friends couldn't see it. Nobody could see it just me... I went inside (for lulz) and was happy that I was invisible which was bullshit and everybody could see me anyway.

I don't think Lungy gets any significant advantage so fucking close this thread or you'll make me nervous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:53 pm »
+1
Anyone with half a brain will remember this mod:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19225.msg273915.html#msg273915

Looks rather similar.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »
When i set my game to the lowest, i still see hays and those big bushes.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »
+1
Removing couple of bushes and hays will do nothing for his FPS, but for his cavalry game it will do much.
When you are cav your camera is on the higher position so it's not a problem anyway. You can see almost everything and please admit that 2 crossed vertical textures with holes don't give you much cover lol...

Skyrim UI

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2012, 12:17:29 pm »
Yup hiding in bushes in crpg is laughable at best. Hiding behind a tree is a bit more successful but you can usually still see the weapon. Hiding behind buildings + walls is the only real hiding you can do.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2012, 12:27:33 pm »
We can't know because he just sees them as if they are standing on the field thinking they are hiding. Trying to defend is laughable. Why don't we start using things that can remove tree bodys as well? Also remove wall parts so we can see whats behind.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:33 pm »
Anyone with half a brain will remember this mod:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19225.msg273915.html#msg273915

Looks rather similar.

lol I guess I am not the only one who suffer from bad gaming performance, that looks pretty much the same, that one looks better, i guess i will be using that from now on  :mrgreen:

We can't know because he just sees them as if they are standing on the field thinking they are hiding. Trying to defend is laughable. Why don't we start using things that can remove tree bodys as well? Also remove wall parts so we can see whats behind.

When i set my game to the lowest, i still see hays and those big bushes.

I already explained this over a thousand times not going to explain it again
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:55:46 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2012, 01:29:01 pm »
+2
I don't know how you boys in EU play, but in NA Stealth is a very feasible option. I can camouflage in bushes and tall grass, escape pursuing infantry in haystacks, snipe from behind the cover of leaves and branches, etc.

Not everyone plays the game on a horse with ranged weapons. Some of us have to find other means of cowardice, or as you might call it, tactics.  :wink:

As mentioned previously, removing bushes and haystacks does NOT increase performance by anything noticeable, as compared to the lowest graphics warband offers. Removing them is no more or less than giving yourself and advantage over other players.

Bushes = we can't see what is behind them.
Leaves/Branches = we can't see what is above us.
Haystacks = we can't see what is behind or in them.

Why should you be able to? They are obstacles in the game, for everyone to use or avoid, not to simply remove.
That is like removing rain and all of its affects on ranged and athletics just because rain makes you laggy. Well tough shit imo.

I don't think anyone cares whether or not you guys play with bad graphics, the concern is that you guys are REMOVING items that are in the game for everyone else. That isn't fair.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »
+1
you guys are REMOVING items that are in the game for everyone else. That isn't fair.
Who is that "you guys"? As far as I know it's only Lungy who has shitty laptop. Using plural makes you sound like if you were teaching a group of naughty children that don't understand their fault.

Skyrim UI

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:59 pm »
Who is that "you guys"? As far as I know it's only Lungy who has shitty laptop.

playing via a lawn mower doesn't give him rights to hack the graphics

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab