Poll

punishment?

yes
yes, permaban
solid yes

Author Topic: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!  (Read 12653 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
playing via a lawn mower doesn't give him rights to hack the graphics

People 'hack' the graphics to get better graphics. I seem to remember there are a number of mods used in conjunction with crpg. Heck those give me an unfair advantage because my game looks better and thus I am filled with the wonder of the beautiful landscape and play better.

Yup I deffo should be banned for that.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2012, 02:01:33 pm »
+3
I make all black items pink, and remove the models for all cavalry to make things interesting, as well as making Katanas neon yellow.

Also, flowers... Flowers everywhere.

Next step is replacing all DGS with lightsabers.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »
+1
Now it comes to my mind when Counter-Strike source was released (long ago), in official tournaments, dx7 mode was banned, because it allowed you to have better visibility through fog effects, compared to dx8 and dx9 modes.

Latter on, i think Valve removed completely the option to run the game in dx7 mode (though i'm not sure about this last thing).

So it's more or less the same case, a performance-oriented setting was banned because of the unfair advantage it granted.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2012, 02:03:34 pm »
+1
Now it comes to my mind when Counter-Strike source was released (long ago), in official tournaments, dx7 mode was banned, because it allowed you to have better visibility through fog effects, compared to dx8 and dx9 modes.

Latter on, i think Valve removed completely the option to run the game in dx7 mode (though i'm not sure about this last thing).

So it's more or less the same case, a performance-oriented setting was banned because of the unfair advantage it granted.

'In official tournaments'. As far as I'm aware we play for leisure.

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2012, 02:07:06 pm »

As i said, latter on, valve got onto the thing and changed it so you couldn't gain that advantage in public servers.

It doesn't matter if it's official or not, some players unfair thinking doesn't have to ruin everyone else's possibilities and fun.

Trying to justify what's clearly an unfair advantage has a name, EXPLOITING, and as far as I know, exploiting is prohibited in this mod by the rules. Also doesn't talk anything good about you ...

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08:18 pm »
+2
People 'hack' the graphics to get better graphics. I seem to remember there are a number of mods used in conjunction with crpg. Heck those give me an unfair advantage because my game looks better and thus I am filled with the wonder of the beautiful landscape and play better.

you should be glove slapped for being full retard

sad to see that some people still ignore the cheat even though the cheater's himself confessed what he has done.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:00 pm »
I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

So when ya gonna stop arguing and let this rest  :lol:

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:56 pm »
Who is that "you guys"? As far as I know it's only Lungy who has shitty laptop. Using plural makes you sound like if you were teaching a group of naughty children that don't understand their fault.

I wasn't aware that Lungy was the only person taking advantage of the removal of certain texture files. I will now address all my statements and concerns specifically towards Lungy, as this topic is solely about him and no one else.  :rolleyes:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:00 pm »
In all honesty, there is absolutely no way that cRPG can enforce this given the current resources available, so arguing about it is largely pointless. Yes, it is bad sportsmanship, but no I do not think that this questionable act is punishable given how difficult it would be to enforce such a thing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:49 pm »
So when ya gonna stop arguing and let this rest  :lol:
ín the other thread ;)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13:32 pm »
+1
So how you going to enforce this as you can't tell what graphics people are playing on especially if they are 'lower than warband capabilities'?

In all honesty, there is absolutely no way that cRPG can enforce this given the current resources available, so arguing about it is largely pointless.

That was page 1 ToD, 10 pages later, and they are still arguing, theres no getting it into people who are adamant with banning someone for having shit PC specs

ín the other thread ;)

The arguement spans two damn threads, stop arguing ffs and let the forums recover from a load of BS

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »
I wasn't aware that Lungy was the only person taking advantage of the removal of certain texture files. I will now address all my statements and concerns specifically towards Lungy, as this topic is solely about him and no one else.  :rolleyes:

Again its not taking advantage, its getting the game working. This fuckin witchhunt is just a personal crusade from Tavuk_Bey
and now all the players go with the wave...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »
+1
I believe that losing his eyesight when 40 will be punishement enough for this guy...
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »
you should be glove slapped for being full retard

sad to see that some people still ignore the cheat even though the cheater's himself confessed what he has done.

(click to show/hide)

Fuck you, you are a mother fucking asshole who is just an attention whore, changing the game's graphics is by no mean cheating, I think it's pretty damn pointless to talk to you anymore, I said that it is because I wanted to show people of my skills, but I have never yet trie to remove the bushes, I tried it and it work, but the consequences is that I will ride into invisible stones, trees and objects to rear my horse, which later I turn the settings back to my normal version to make all the bushes back. Not going to reply to you anymore you sick fuck, nice revenge you got here, you were also a leecher long ago on my ban request against you, leecher

I realize that long ago and it is mainly about me yes, because he hate me thats why

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »
+1
I said that it is because I wanted to show people of my skills

skills on cheating? or the gaming skills you gain via cheating? either way you are an epic fail
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab