Poll

punishment?

yes
yes, permaban
solid yes

Author Topic: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »
+1
Joker dude,you are not seeing this right.
Imagine you have fog,so archer can shoot from faar away like it is sunny day and no way you can see that he is shooting at you and from where.
Lancer would have advantage of seeing what inf is not aware,and where is the big enemy mob,and where are the loners.
So you can go and avoid pikes,archers and shit,and go for safe kills.
You could avoid getting ambushed by someone in siedge,because some ppl are hiding behind wall,and they just wait for you to come closer to release attack.
You would know where to move,where not to go,you would know if archer behind tree is shooting someone,or is he reloading,you would know if is he spoted you or not.
This is 50% of game skill. Knowing where to go,and where not.

Okay, you might be right, although I would say this can only increase your overall performance by like 5% or so, as I think most of those inconviniences can also be avoided through good awareness.

And just concerning the fog thing: on a regular base we always have half the people having fog, half don't. It appears as often as bug, a "foghack" won't change much there...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »
+2
I guess in Lungys case this should be okay, I feel more sorry for him and his laptop :(
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »
+1
as I think most of those inconviniences can also be avoided through good awareness.
And most of the hits coming at you can be avoided by good blocking skills, so, allow autoblocker?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 12:28:13 am »
+5
i have modify my client also, all player appear like they are retard

later i figured out that my version have no difference from the original one

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:19 am »
And most of the hits coming at you can be avoided by good blocking skills, so, allow autoblocker?

A powerful comparison, if not exactly a fair one.

There is an ocean of difference between being able to see a little better (not using a wallhack, mind you) and using a cheat that plays the game for you.

And I don't think anyone is saying that wallhacking should be allowed.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:22 am »
What's the point in having scenery if it can't be used in battle field tactics because some people can bypass its effect entirely?

I hate players having an unfair advantage, its like having a wallhack, or bushhack in this case, it detracts from the variety of game-play elements that make the game more enjoyable for the majority, maybe map editors should remove bushes in their entirety and make maps more boring and hiding in bushes a thing of the past, because their tactical use has been negated.

It's understandable that some player have incredibly shit computers thus want to make the game as playable as possible, but unfortunately in the world of gaming, the way to play games your computer can't handle is to consider upgrading your computer, you shouldn't just making new games look shitter and shitter just to be able to play them, first in multi-player games it encourages unfair advantages, and secondly you won't actually be experiencing the game how it's meant to be experienced thus detracting from your own experience.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:36:59 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:47 am »
+3
I considered doing this back when I started noticing people were doing it (about a few months after I started playing).

Decided I cared more about my game looking nice than gaining an extremely minute advantage.

If people do it, fine by me. A good looking game for a slight pvp advantage sounds like a fair trade-off to me.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2012, 12:40:07 am »
A powerful comparison, if not exactly a fair one.

There is an ocean of difference between being able to see a little better (not using a wallhack, mind you) and using a cheat that plays the game for you.
Autoblock hardly plays the game for you, I should know, I was permabanned for autoblocking last autoblock banwave, it only blocks for you, you still gotta have good footwork, timing, attack directioning, etc, or you could be an xbowman, hiding in a bush, there autoblock would only be used when people happen to randomly 1% of the time find you by mistake or they use a cheat to look through the bushes.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:13 am »
What about having a good looking game but being about to see through walls/bushes/trees/rocks etc? Or replacing them with smaller things that still look good but reveal players positions?

We have 2 issues here, innocent guys that just want to squeeze all the FPS out of their pc as they can, and people who just want to cheat while using the "its for performance" personal excuse to justify cheating to themselves or others. Then you also have the cheaters who don't care about making excuses and do it with the full intention of exploiting the game, while still having good graphics. Even if I got more FPS on a crap pc I wouldn't dream of editing out scenery so that I have a false interpretation of what others on the server see. If someone is concealed according to the game he should be for every player
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2012, 12:45:35 am »
+1
i have modify my client also, all player appear like they are retard

later i figured out that my version have no difference from the original one
+1

I think it's punishment enough to play with that kind of graphics.
And if someone with a good computer is playing with such graphics just to win easier, then they're just pathetic...

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2012, 12:50:11 am »
Autoblock hardly plays the game for you, I should know, I was permabanned for autoblocking last autoblock banwave, it only blocks for you, you still gotta have good footwork, timing, attack directioning, etc, or you could be an xbowman, hiding in a bush, there autoblock would only be used when people happen to randomly 1% of the time find you by mistake or they use a cheat to look through the bushes.

I see.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2244
  • Infamy: 1880
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:49 am »
+1

I think it's punishment enough to play with that kind of graphics.
And if someone with a good computer is playing with such graphics just to win easier, then they're just pathetic...

Aren't you the guy who glitched through wooden floor in order to get to place which was heavily guarded on both entry points?

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:21 am »
+2
Wahhh I'm so poor my computer can't handle the game!!

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2012, 01:03:58 am »
+1

Wahh, people with poor computers are able to play as well as me!!

Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:14:44 am by Contra »

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2012, 01:06:32 am »
Aren't you the guy who glitched through wooden floor in order to get to place which was heavily guarded on both entry points?
Leshma still butthurt from that sword I shoved up your poopyhole?
But yes you are right, that was a bug, and should be fixed(but how?). I've seen many such places where you can come up from underneath. I have had it happen to me too.
But please, Leshma, you can't mean that you're still angry with that?

My "glitching" was not intentional, nor was it premeditated. This on the other hand...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:20:37 am by Exitialis »