Author Topic: NA admins  (Read 6995 times)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Re: NA admins
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 06:00:41 am »
who are you to decide if i can do anything with my rangeweapon or not? ;)

I didn't decide, I watched you unable to aim any shots or hit anyone.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 06:02:13 am »
+1
BANDERS FOR ADMIN 2012!

Looky at sig!

Concerning adyren:
U delay. Agile is better with a bow AND melee. Take a seat and learn from agile!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2012, 06:02:35 am »
I didn't decide, I watched you unable to aim any shots or hit anyone.

Whatever dude. I'm sure others wouldn't agree with you, i.e the ones that eat my arrows.

Get back on topic. this isn't a hate thread, this is a request for more admins thread. If you feel you wanna hate on me, do it on steam or something or in private messages.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline RUSSOxD2366

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: RUSSOxD,BG_RUSSO
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2012, 06:07:07 am »
Thread derailed alittle. Why is it about me? This is a thread about needing more admins u goons.

For those of you who don't know my playstyle here it is so you can stop your whining.

I'm usually the first to engage the enemy. Usually the first to see cav come charging at me (usually many at once :((( )

And sometimes, i'm last alive aswell. I'm slippery as an eel. Those times i'm last alive and there's 5-12 alive i usually keep fighting. I mean, why not? I've been fighting the whole round, it's not like i'm gonna drop my weapons and just die. And no, i'm not gonna fight a plate guy with my pickaxe and 0 ps and 0 wpf.
That, if anything, should be considered delaying(if i can block well).

Thus, grabbing a few arrows that's INFRONT OF ME should be legitimate. I mean... i've been fighting the whole round, why should i not be able to pick up the ones infront of me?
That said, if i know i can't grab another arrow, or i know i face certain death (as in 0% survival) i will usually bring out the pickaxe and fight! I also fight with pickaxe if i see a new player and he's not surrounded by like 10 guys in plate with shield or 2h or polearm :/

When i'm kiting i usually keep JUST out of their weaponsrange. I sometimes feel brave and wanna "take the shot" and pretty much make it a HIT OR DIE LIVE.

I'm 100% sure that if people wouldn't chase me around like if they where A.I in singleplayer (headless chicken like leshma put it), shit would go down alot differently.

Aderyn you dishonor high ping players,
I mean cmon, chile has way better internet than brazil and still im the only fucking one(100+ping) that takes the fight to the meele.
useless reply i know, im here to tell ill be playing paintball in santiago 17/18 august, if youre interested to go just google the south american championship CSP, and see where its going down.
ahahaa i just couched you

Offline RUSSOxD2366

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: RUSSOxD,BG_RUSSO
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2012, 06:09:24 am »
If you start recruiting admins i definitly want a spot!

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:02 am »
Aderyn you dishonor high ping players,
I mean cmon, chile has way better internet than brazil and still im the only fucking one(100+ping) that takes the fight to the meele.
useless reply i know, im here to tell ill be playing paintball in santiago 17/18 august, if youre interested to go just google the south american championship CSP, and see where its going down.
ahahaa i just couched you

i'm 12 and what is this?

in related news: I like turtles.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2012, 06:39:26 am »
+3
For realz guys stop praising my adminness because im feeling to much love right now  :shock:
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:52 am »
+2
For realz guys stop praising my adminness because im feeling to much love right now  :shock:

I think Kaoklai is in the mood to -1 every admin-related post in this thread.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2012, 07:15:50 am »
+1
I think Kaoklai is in the mood to -1 every admin-related post in this thread these forums.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »
You said it's not a hate thread, yet I am called out by name for some reason, then you try to save face my steering the subject away from it being a petty slap at me cuz you are not getting ban requests rubber stamped.

I responded to your criticism in my feedback thread that has obviously started you on this shit posting spree here.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,17457.msg544106.html#msg544106 (feel free to spam negative votes on my poll, 87 people have already beaten you to it!)

I think that is a good example of how I or most admins actually handle enforcing or understanding the rules.  Whenever there is a problem or a misunderstanding we discuss it on our private board, a lot of us hang out in IRC and can be contacted there, and I have plenty of admins and players on my Steam friends list who now and then contact me to handle a problem on the servers.  I don't know what most people expect, but admins are there to ban people doing stupid shit like teamkilling at spawn, respond to complaints in "i" chat, spectate suspicious troublemakers, and check in on the ban request forum when they can to handle problems.

Note again about you asking for a ban because someone submitted a kick poll when they felt you were breaking the rules.  Do you really think an admin who was on the server at the time would instantly ban the poll submitter with "12 hr ban" as you so eloquently demanded in your initial ban request?  I really doubt it, and ban requests on the forums shouldn't be any different from what admins usually do in game, which is warn, explain the rules, and in the case of repeat offenders or very obvious griefing/intentional teamkilling and the like, a reasonable ban.

To the discussion of the rules on delaying, I don't think any admin is going to go ahead and kick or ban someone the moment they are last alive if they are a ranged class and need an extra arrow or two that's just around the corner, but just the playerbase and admins expect people who are last alive to actually try to play the game, engage enemies, do their best to win but don't just run away and do nothing for minutes at a time.  Dragging out the round will actually increase upkeep costs for everyone playing (I believe) and if you have no way to win, you are both making everyone who's dead suffer through several more minutes of boredom and greatly hurting new players who might be low on gold by increasing the chances of all their gear breaking.

You're allowed to kite of course, but there is a line between kiting to clutch and delaying to grief, of course it might seem different to different people, but admins and poll submitters have at most to go by, their common sense. 

As for new admins, we have an application thread for that, located here:  http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10994.0.html

If you feel suited for all the rage you can be expected to receive on a common basis from enforcing rules on self-entitled ban request forum superstars, griefers with a ban history 3 pages long, random revenge teamkillers on Siege that seem to be there 10 times over whenever I play it, keep an eye on hilarious forum drama and trolling over nonsensical things involving in game griefing/havoc, and VIP access to the dev/admin IRC and NA Official Admin Sub-Forum  (the Studio 54 of the internet), submit your application today!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:07:08 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »
i'd pull some threads about the same offence where people got banned for 12h for pollabusing just like this but seems they've been all been removed pre-july. Too bad, was gonna shower you in threads :/

and yes, i stand for everything i wrote about you in your feedback thread.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:15 pm »
+1
i'd pull some threads about the same offence where people got banned for 12h for pollabusing just like this but seems they've been all been removed pre-july. Too bad, was gonna shower you in threads :/

and yes, i stand for everything i wrote about you in your feedback thread.

The difference here was in at least one instance before or when polls were enabled, I'm not sure, you literally ran out of ammo and could only shoot once every 30-60 seconds while running away against 6 or more people while last alive.  This appeared to be abusive, delaying behaviour to the players and the online admin, and upon internal discussion it was settled that it was.  Maybe polls weren't submitted during that exact scenario, but it seemed best to not punish anyone involved in the kiting or the polling, just explain the rules, close the threads, and move on with life.  Boy, how abusive!

Any examples you are looking for would probably be Rohypnol, who I've never seen ride around collecting bolts after running out while last alive.  He was kick or ban polled so often when he was on that he eventually had to turn to admins to help him out and get people to knock it off, because for a period of time he wasn't able to play the game because the moment he was last alive people would submit polls against him, or teamkill him the next round/map.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »
wich part of me shooting every 5-10 seconds and having a crapload of arrows don't you understand?

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2012, 05:00:09 pm »
I think the admins we have on are fine, considering they can't do anything, right or wrong without a hail of "ABOOSE!", I can see why they don't come on all the time.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 05:07:42 pm »
+1
This game detects auto aimers yet or still just autoblockers

Anyone who could make an effective auto-aimer that would actually work in this game shouldn't be wasting time making hacks for games. Archery isn't like FPS's where the bullet goes from gun to head instantaneously. You have an arc to the flight that varies based upon the bow and your wpf. Players move at varying speeds and arrows actually take time to travel to that point.

So it would have to be able to find an enemy, gauge its vector, adjust for the arrow flight arc, adjust for the arrow speed, and then let loose.

Maybe they could make one, but I bet the first update that tweaks those stats in the game will break it. (and I bet players will still be better)

NA Admins wurst Admins!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln