Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 45044 times)

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2012, 02:15:09 am »
+5
The smoothest admin I've seen, and his jokes are rich.

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2012, 07:57:13 am »
This is a terrible troll.  If you are going to grief an admin by accusing them of abuse and breaking rules, don't admit to calling someone a my old friend repeatedly while spamming polls against them, which is two rules broken at once.  Also, are you saying you tried to poll kick someone off the server because they were a cigarette?

If you had been paying attention, you would have actually read the thread which said that i was no directing those words at anyone (and if i was i proved they were not insulting). Furthermore, IT WAS NOT MY POLL.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.  furthermore, IM TAKING YOU OFF MY GOODMIN LIST AND PUTTING YOU ON MY BADMIN LIST!  I know how much this means to all you... and im sorry but it is what it is, and what it is is what it is!

just for the hell of it cuz me and muki are done flirting and apparently you wanna pick up where we left off, name the rule i broke and i will prove you wrong as i do not break the rules as I love this community and the ideals it represents more then anything (including booz, drugs, and women.  yah yah bring on the attacks but there's nothing like it -this community-).
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2012, 08:02:26 am »
Before you continue trying to justify "my old friend" as not hurting anyone, I direct you to read this entire wikipedia page, and its related links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_LGBT_people

Submitting polls without a good reason, especially multiple ones that aren't passing, is "poll abuse" which is explicitly against the rules. 

Using hate speech and other slurs is also against the rules.

So that's the two.  I don't mind you as a player and hardly see you griefing, but you shouldn't be shitting up admin threads for slap on wrist punishments when you clearly broke the rules.  Read the rules, man up and admit to and learn from your mistakes, and move on.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2012, 08:05:45 am »
IT WASN'T MY FING POLL

Wiki shit for sorces

as i said before in the muki thead

LOL...

First of the poll wasn't started by me.

Second off I said my old friend in chat twice (as the logs will confirm) and not directed towards anyone.  Furthermore let me define my old friend for you.

verb (used with object)
to tire or weary by labor; exhaust (often followed by out ): The long climb my old friendged us out.
British . to require (a younger public-school pupil) to do menial chores.
Nautical . to fray or unlay the end of (a rope).

noun
Slang . a cigarette.
a my old friend end,  as of cloth.
a rough or defective spot in a woven fabric; blemish; flaw.
Chiefly British . drudgery; toil.
British Informal . a younger pupil in a British public school required to perform certain menial tasks for, and submit to the hazing of, an older pupil.
(Source Dictionary.com)

So again what rule have I broken and where is my apology?

and again it was not directed at anyone.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2012, 08:16:46 am »
It doesn't really matter who you directed it at.  Its a hate-filled word that is all too common place in gaming, don't be surprised when you are using it and causing some other kind of disruption, you get banned for it.

Actually, you were only muted.  Hardly an act of admin abuse worthy of spamming admin threads about.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:49 am »
I  was hardly spamming, as typing something twice is not spamming, and again I wasn't directing it at anyone.  But nice save.  Honestly I hate giving you shit as your a good admin.  I wish you would pay me the same respect.  Furthermore, if admins actually cared about the use of this word there would be quite a bit more drama over it as it is commonly used by many others, over and over again. In addition there are constant other racist terms and references the are regularly used and ignored by admins.  If admins are actually serious about putting an end to this type of behavior they would not ignore it as they do. Good show.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:22 pm »
+1
Half the population wants this to be strictly moderated, no non-nonsense, punish the evildoer's hard and often and shut down that hate speech!
Half wants this to be an anything goes Wild Wild West vigilante justice, foul talking, worse smelling, fend for yourself and woe for those who can't space.

We do our best to make both sides think we are with them.

:P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:47 am »
I feel Jason bitches at any admin that kicks/mutes/band him.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:50 am »
I feel Jason bitches at any admin that kicks/mutes/band him.

He a fan on my thread ;)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:27 pm »
I feel smoothrich should be removed as admin for several reasons.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

*Leeching in A.I siege (mostly EU sieges, but going 2/5 after an entire match, only spouting shittalk shouldn't be ok. This is just one example  :rolleyes:)
*Biased decitions in pretty much all his admining.
*Involved in selling loompoints for money.
*Always shittalks on the forum, giving admins a bad reputation.
*Not doing his job as an admin.
*Not active anymore.
*Because meow said so in a thread aswell, and chairman meow is always right.  8-)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:41 pm »
+3

*Leeching in A.I siege (mostly EU sieges, but going 2/5 after an entire match, only spouting shittalk shouldn't be ok. This is just one example  :rolleyes:)

-You've said this before with absolutely no poof behind it.

-Or maybe you're biased. Everyone has a point of view and because you don't agree with his decision, he's totally biased.

-He had nothing to do with selling loompoints for money

-Admins are still players. You're asking him to change his personality because he has a certain title. He's an admin, but he's got his own flavor.

-Evidence?

*Not active anymore.

-Maybe he's busy? I remember dexxtaa getting admin somewhere in the fall of last year and barely started playing till a couple months ago. He was at school yet kept his title so what's the issue here?

*Because meow said so in a thread aswell, and chairman meow is always right.  8-)

-Although true, meow is an eu admin and it's known that eu hates na and vice versa

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »
+1

*Not active anymore.

I average about 5 kills and maybe 6-10 deaths on EU siege, I am active the whole time, last siege i was in with smooth, we defended the secondary wall, which tactically, was better to defend.

One admin shit talking does not give all the other admins a bad rep.

He does his job because people bitch about him banning/kicking/muting them.

He obv is if he is in strat battles and shit talking people.

He is more active than meow is, and meow doesnt like LLJK, Shik is in charge of NA admins anyways.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:56 am »
+1
To give context to the incident at hand provoking this feedback.

Aderyn posted a ban request thread because someone submitted a kick poll on him when he was last alive, when polls were specifically turned on by the admin present because of complaints about Aderyn running out of ammo and still kiting, and other shenanigans every round for several maps.

He submitted a ban request (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35734.0.html), and the admin who saw these things started a thread in the admin forums.  We went over the rules, and cmp clarified that running out of ammo as an archer and running from combat to search for more arrows as last alive, is delaying.

The admin who saw most of this then closed Aderyn's ban request, giving the player who polled him a warning, but commenting on the disruption on the server Aderyn was causing.

Aderyn decided to post another ban request, feeling that the admin who had the most evidence and was playing at the time was being "biased."

That thread turned into shit posting from all parties involved, so I posted this, http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,35736.msg542572.html#msg542572 trying to clarify the discussion we had, the rules, what is delaying or not, acknowleding that polling for hating playstyle is wrong, but from what I understood Aderyn specifically ran out of ammo and continued to run, which is kick/poll worthy for delaying.

My attitude/posting is one thing (though it's certainly not against any rules to diss Hospitallers now and then, Aderyn), but honestly when it comes to decisions as admin on the forums, handling players personal/technical problems on Steam or IRC, understanding of rules, or how to manage a server/strat battle while I'm playing, I've never been anything but fair and reasonable, easily approachable and open, do my best to explain my reasoning, and defer to the head admins when something is questionable.

So go ahead and read my post trying to handle Aderyn's ban request, and tell me if that is either me being biased and abusive, or impartial, reasonable, and fair.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:28:47 am by Smoothrich »

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:35 pm »
the reason for the second post was that he did it again :/

And who said i had no arrows. I had arrows the entire time i was being chased and fired one every 5-10secs. I seriously fail to see the issue in that.

The reason i'm saying your biased is because you think i'm a kiting scum and wont ban aldo because your friends with him. That's the reason behind me calling you biased in this situation.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »
I have never talked to Aldogalus before in my life, and I think you are a good player, and have even name dropped you in good player lists because when I am cav I consider you one of the top threats to me and my team.

Like or dislike, none of that influences any posts or decisions I make as an admin

The admin who was on during all of this said you ran from a 1 vs 6 for several minutes, scrounging for ammo, firing barely once a minute while running away picking up new arrows, and the entire server was complaining in "i" chat and dead chat for a stop to the delaying.  Thus we discussed if this is technically delaying or not on our admin board, and cmp eventually posted clarifying the rules, which I relayed to you and everyone involved before closing the thread with a warning and explanation.