Author Topic: Heirlooms being sold for money  (Read 6987 times)

Offline Kerrigan

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • WTF
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Kerrigan
Re: Heirlooms being sold for money
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »
Anyone interested in a +3 ducdu?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 07:44:39 pm »
+1
Dynamike.. you so cheap.

OFFERING CHAMPION GERMAN! BIDS STARTING AT $50!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
+6
In this episode of American greed...

A cRPG official is involved in a scandalous affair  involving transactions of real money for in-game currency and items. Smoothrich, one of the most controversial admins in one of the shittiest mod communities in recent times is accused of withholding information that may or may not reveal the identities of those involved in presumably one of the most organized underground trading rings in cRPG history. Join us tonight as we examine the tangled web of lies, baseless assumptions and petty grudges behind an incident that nearly brought an entire community of under 500 active NA players to it's knees.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:56:48 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:25 pm »
+1
why would you pay money to post on an internet forum  :lol:

At least it was only a one time fee, can't believe those "total fark" tools that pay $6 a month to comment on news stories.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 08:10:11 pm »
+1
If it doesn't affect the players in game whats the matter... I personally don't give a fuck about things like that cause its their items and account so please stop being jealous pricks and mind your own business, hell.. spend 50$ and buy one yourself if you're hurting so much for an easy loom
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »
I hope this stops any notion, cRPG user "MyBallsYourChin" that you are uncovering some scandal that goes to the top, an Heirloomgate if you will.

Actually, Smooth, I never directly accused you or anyone else.  All I wanted was some sort of explanation and I've got one now. 

Thanks.

As for ad1no, no u r.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:41 pm »
+3
Buying looms or not, whether you think its a good idea or not, doesn't matter. 
Breaking the rules (clearly stated) matters. 

So either change the rule or punish the lawbreakers!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Suuper3

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »
Dang guys yall need to take a chill pill woop de doo people buying loom points and stuff with realz money yes it is against the rules but if its not actually affecting anyone then whatever just play the damn game

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
+3
Dang guys yall need to take a chill pill woop de doo people buying loom points and stuff with realz money yes it is against the rules but if its not actually affecting anyone then whatever just play the damn game
It is affecting someone. Devs could theoretically get in actual, real-life trouble for this, if it gets out of hand.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »
+2

Oh, it affects people.  We'll learn how in detail when the guilty party is forced to write an unban essay "How breaking the rules and buying items with real money hurts the community."

1.) Rules are disrespected without punishment.  Well what about all the other rules then?  I guess we don't have to take them so seriously.  Some are enforced and some aren't.  Might as well break the ones we can get away with!  This is bad for the community.

2.) People work to get items.  It's fair because everyone else obeys the rules and has to play the same amount to get looms.  Why should some guy with too much money and no respect for authority spend $ get to "get ahead" without going through the same steps as everyone else?  It's not fair.  Games have to be fair to stay fun.  If its not fun, people will stop playing.  This hurts the community.

So my previous statement stands.  Punish the criminal or change the rules so everyone can do it!

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
It is affecting someone. Devs could theoretically get in actual, real-life trouble for this, if it gets out of hand.

Lies. If anything they would get in trouble for donations.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1580
  • Infamy: 1258
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »
+1
It's not affecting you until chadz finds out and ban your ass.

So far, NA and Russians were caught doing this. That's not surprising. Game is turkish (mos americans have no idea where that is) and people who aren't living in Europe don't give a shit about Warband EULA or the fact that Donkey crew might have problems because of them.

If game was made by american company with the same EULA, you wouldn't try justify those who trade in game items for real money.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »
+1
+1 Leshma.

@Ad1no:

The donations are allowed. They are only for the servers as stated. That was never and will never be a problem or not allowed. But once there is any other money involved, it's over and illegal.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:04 pm »
+1
OFFERING CHAMPION GERMAN! BIDS STARTING AT $50!

(click to show/hide)

Have you seen Dynamike IRL. 50 dollar is a steal.

Offline Suuper3

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »
Oh, it affects people.  We'll learn how in detail when the guilty party is forced to write an unban essay "How breaking the rules and buying items with real money hurts the community."

1.) Rules are disrespected without punishment.  Well what about all the other rules then?  I guess we don't have to take them so seriously.  Some are enforced and some aren't.  Might as well break the ones we can get away with!  This is bad for the community.

2.) People work to get items.  It's fair because everyone else obeys the rules and has to play the same amount to get looms.  Why should some guy with too much money and no respect for authority spend $ get to "get ahead" without going through the same steps as everyone else?  It's not fair.  Games have to be fair to stay fun.  If its not fun, people will stop playing.  This hurts the community.

So my previous statement stands.  Punish the criminal or change the rules so everyone can do it!

Well the community is still alive and kickin and i dont think it is going to die from people buying stupid loom points but  yes rules should be enforced id rather an admin use his time trying to root out hackers and shit then worry about a bunch of people buying looms